• West Ham

Votes: 1 2.3%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems every year that there is a team "poised to break into the Top 4"

Everton, Spurs, Villa and most recently Citteh.

My question to you folks is:

Out of every team in the Premiership, Who would you most like to see break into that number 4 spot?

Who'd you like to see lose it?

Btw, if anyone responds to the first question with Leeds, and/or the second question with anyone other than Liverpool, I'll come find you! :D

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Ye...Liverpool to get knocked out of it! :p....

Anyways...

I'd like to see Everton break through TBH. I have great respect for Moyes. He's
been one of the best managers in the prem and he's taken that club to where
they are now. They've got some of the best players too, Johnson, Arteta, Cahill,
Neville, Stubbs, and Saha now if he stays fit.

I hate having to play them because thay always make it a very tough match with us.

Everton for me....Citteh....NO CHANCE!!!! :p ;)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Id love to see Pool drop out of the top 4 and who better to replace them
than their Merseyside rivals Everton haha.
tbh I dont think Everton will get back up there for a while.
Villa and Spurs have a better chance.

I actually dont mind teams like Everton, Villa and Spurs and always hope they
do well in the Uefa cups and so on.

Anyway, my answer is to have Sunderland in for Liverpool.
I have a soft spot for Sunderland cos of Keano, Quinn, the Irish connection
and some ex United players etc.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Hull :p

no really i would like to see Villa or Westham breaking into the top 4
two of the rarely teams which have more British than foreigners in their squad
also they have too many players to watch just like Ashly Young who is the best english player imo, Agbonlahor the epl fastest player, Roe Cooker a great holding midfielder , Pizza lover Dean Ashton englands best finisher imho , and Mark Noble who deserves to play for england

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
abojodeh said:
Hull :p

no really i would like to see Villa or Westham breaking into the top 4
two of the rarely teams which have more British than foreigners in their squad
also they have too many players to watch just like Ashly Young who is the best english player imo, Agbonlahor the epl fastest player, Roe Cooker a great holding midfielder , Pizza lover Dean Ashton englands best finisher imho , and Mark Noble who deserves to play for england
West Ham is up there with me too. Great fans, and evidently Dean Ashton is a fan of me. Plus Green Street Hooligans was a fantastic movie.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
piazza said:
West Ham is up there with me too. Great fans, and evidently Dean Ashton is a fan of me. Plus Green Street Hooligans was a fantastic movie.
yeah really great fans and one of the best atmospheres in the world in Upton park :)
and that movie is great

If Westham get Bilic as their manager they can be something
they are a young side and with a young understanding manager they can reach a good place this season

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
If Mark Hughes had stayed at Rovers I would like to see him at top 4. Now I dont think its even possible with Incy at Rovers and Sparky in baby blue.
Since I have to give a name I say....ehm.....hm...uh....Ebbsfleet

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
for me its gotta be villa, theve got a young squad
alot of home grown talent and a great manager
so liverpool drop out and villa in for me

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
andersons_left_foot said:
for me its gotta be villa, theve got a young squad
alot of home grown talent and a great manager
so liverpool drop out and villa in for me
A former Leicester player told about Martin O'Neill that he's an over rated manager.
His relation to the players are the old school where he gives no feedback just critics and give no reason for dropping a player. So the players were left out in the dark what in their performence they have to learn or improve.

Also, the organisation around the club at that time were poor. Not worthy a team in the Premier League in mid 90's.

I heard this when Mr O'Neill were one of the favourites to take over after Fergie when he first were going to retire.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
spellbound said:
A former Leicester player told about Martin O'Neill that he's an over rated manager.
His relation to the players are the old school where he gives no feedback just critics and give no reason for dropping a player. So the players were left out in the dark what in their performence they have to learn or improve.

Also, the organisation around the club at that time were poor. Not worthy a team in the Premier League in mid 90's.

I heard this when Mr O'Neill were one of the favourites to take over after Fergie when he first were going to retire.
hmmm intresting to be fair i didnt know about that
i had a next door naugbhour (i cant spell) who is also a former player and i think manager of leicester
he was then a scout for a while, now he just plays golf
but i remeber him talking about how good O'Neill was.
but i suppose you have to consider i live in leicester and most people here refure to him as a god
so i duno i still like villa tbh

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
hmmm intresting to be fair i didnt know about that
i had a next door naugbhour (i cant spell) who is also a former player and i think manager of leicester
he was then a scout for a while, now he just plays golf
but i remeber him talking about how good O'Neill was.
but i suppose you have to consider i live in leicester and most people here refure to him as a god
so i duno i still like villa tbh
Maybe the view on Martin O'Neill has to do with the relation to him as a manager.:D

I remember hearing about how they were served toast with white beans on for lunch before a match and how he started to bring his own lunch box on away games. Maybe british players were more used to this then foregin players but in 95-96 they were used to eat proper food as a part of getting yourself ready to play.

How the pre game speech were just a lot of bull and never mentioned the tactical play. Half time talk were as absent as pre game talking.

The whole Barry summer transfer made me doubt him again.

But I agree about Villa having an interesting team.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
spellbound said:
Maybe the view on Martin O'Neill has to do with the relation to him as a manager.:D

I remember hearing about how they were served toast with white beans on for lunch before a match and how he started to bring his own lunch box on away games. Maybe british players were more used to this then foregin players but in 95-96 they were used to eat proper food as a part of getting yourself ready to play.

How the pre game speech were just a lot of bull and never mentioned the tactical play. Half time talk were as absent as pre game talking.

The whole Barry summer transfer made me doubt him again.

But I agree about Villa having an interesting team.
yeah very true if i see bobby (the ex leicester bloke) knocking about ill have a chat with him about it all

i know nothing about the leicester set up when he was in charge i was only ever intrested in united back then and still am now
i have no care for leicester nor there crappy ground which i was kicked out of, when i was at a party there
meerly for calling some lad a posh git cause well he was :p

all i know the mans a god in this area and i have to constantly hear 'he got us to 9th in the prem' and hes 'the greatest manager ever' etc haha

perhaps its influance why i rate him im not sure but villa are intresting

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
yeah very true if i see bobby (the ex leicester bloke) knocking about ill have a chat with him about it all

i know nothing about the leicester set up when he was in charge i was only ever intrested in united back then and still am now
i have no care for leicester nor there crappy ground which i was kicked out of, when i was at a party there
meerly for calling some lad a posh git cause well he was :p

all i know the mans a god in this area and i have to constantly hear 'he got us to 9th in the prem' and hes 'the greatest manager ever' etc haha

perhaps its influance why i rate him im not sure but villa are intresting
In some clubs reaching the 9th spot is enough to become a legend. In others you get sacked if you lose the league cup final, end up 2nd in league and lose in the Champions League final after being let down by your captain.:D

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
spellbound said:
In some clubs reaching the 9th spot is enough to become a legend. In others you get sacked if you lose the league cup final, end up 2nd in league and lose in the Champions League final after being let down by your captain.:D
haha very very true, just shows how silly football is at times

·
Registered
286 Posts
I would love to see the Geordies break in. They fully deserve some kind of good news and progress. The scousers have to drop out of course.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Villa for the simple reason they have british players which is the way the Prem should be, not a full 11 British players but you should have some. Definitely to knock out Pool although I'd love to see Arsenal knocked out of it too, by Spurs :p that would be good, I think Spurs have a really good side, good going forward. Ramos is a really good manager, they are a young side and i actually think they have a really good chance of breaking it, if the team gels. They have Modric, dos Santos, Pavlychenko, Bent, Bentley etc. goals aren't going to hard to come by.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts