Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
I just think the uefa cup really holds no appeal, I mean what can the uefa cup winner claim he has won? then you see teams fielding their b squad and it makes you wonder if maybe the whole competition is just pointless. Thats the reason that I believe that maybe if 5-6 teams in lets say england will have the opportunity to go to european competitions then maybe it should be 5 to the champions league instead of going to waste time in the uefa cup.
And maybe that's why they're changing the UEFA format and rewards. It's not by putting more teams from the big leagues that you solve the problem. IN fact, unless you replace teams with those, you're adding matches to already tired teams.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
And maybe that's why they're changing the UEFA format and rewards. It's not by putting more teams from the big leagues that you solve the problem. IN fact, unless you replace teams with those, you're adding matches to already tired teams.
I still dont see the uefa cup having success with just changing its format and with giving more rewards to be honest. If I were uefa why not just get rid of the uefa cup, have just the champions and runners up of all the leagues in europe, and just let them battle it out, because really my problem is the uefa cup which I see as a total waste of time and space to be honest.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
I still dont see the uefa cup having success with just changing its format and with giving more rewards to be honest. If I were uefa why not just get rid of the uefa cup, have just the champions and runners up of all the leagues in europe, and just let them battle it out, because really my problem is the uefa cup which I see as a total waste of time and space to be honest.
If the CL is so sucessful, in your view, and you don't like the way the UEFA Cup works, why wouldn't it be positive to change it into a CL like format, with better incentives, therefore making it worth it for the clubs in it?

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
If the CL is so sucessful, in your view, and you don't like the way the UEFA Cup works, why wouldn't it be positive to change it into a CL like format, with better incentives, therefore making it worth it for the clubs in it?
because Imo the reason the uefa cup is unsuccessful is not because of the format, its just the lack of interest by not only most of the clubs, but also of the general public.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts