Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chelsea have confirmed John Terry has undergone knee surgery which will keep him out of action for three weeks.

The Blues have also revealed Ashley Cole faces up to a month on the sidelines with an ankle injury he sustained on international duty.

Terry has been forced to go under the knife to cure the knee problem which forced him to miss England's 2-1 defeat to Russia in midweek.

The England skipper missed last weekend's win over Estonia with the injury and although he was pencilled in to feature in Moscow he broke down in training ahead of the match.

Terry is now set to be sidelined for up to three weeks and he faces a race against time to be fit for England's crucial Euro 2008 qualifier with Croatia.

Cole also faces a battle to make the Croatia tie after suffering an ankle injury in the 3-0 win over Estonia.

The news is a double blow for Avram Grant as it means both players will miss key Premier League and UEFA Champions League games for Chelsea.

Operation

"John Terry had an operation today and will be out for two or three weeks," said Grant.

"John had a problem and tried his best to be available for the national team

but in the last moment of the training, he got injured again.

"He had the operation today and I hope everything will be well. Ashley Cole is

injured as well.

"I want all the players to be fit, especially John Terry. But we have a big

squad and we need to handle this.

"Chelsea are not a one-man team but John is important. But it has happened and we need to play and win games without him."

Grant also backed Frank Lampard to overcome the critics who have made his life uncomfortable while on international duty with England.

Lampard was booed by England fans when he came on as a substitute against Estonia last weekend but Grant has no worries about whether the midfielder will be able to cope with the flak.

Strong character
"Frank is a strong character and he wants to play for England," added Grant.

"I want him to play for England because I think he deserves it.

"Frank has shown in the past he has a strong character. When he gets on the

pitch he gives 100 per cent."

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Hate to wish injuries upon anyone........... but when its Terry and Cole its very hard not to be happy. hahahahahha

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Hate to wish injuries upon anyone........... but when its Terry and Cole its very hard not to be happy. hahahahahha
Specially Cole, i'll hate him forever for kicking out an ole gunnar solskjaer , amoung other reasons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts