Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
England coach Fabio Capello has named John Terry as the national team's new permanent captain.

Terry had been vying with central defensive partner Rio Ferdinand for the role, with Capello opting to keep faith with the Chelsea defender.

During Steve McClaren's ill-fated stint in charge of England, Terry was captain after replacing David Beckham in the job following the 2006 World Cup.

Since succeeding McClaren as coach, though, Capello has been rotating the armband during his four friendlies at the helm.

Steven Gerrard had been skipper in Capello's opening match against Switzerland before Ferdinand led the team out against France.

Terry was given his chance to impress against the United States at the end of last season before Beckham took on the role against Trinidad & Tobago.

However, Terry and Ferdinand had always been regarded as front-runners for the position, with the Manchester United defender reportedly the favourite.

Ferdinand, though, will be Terry's vice-captain after Capello confirmed his decision ahead of Wednesday's friendly against Czech Republic at Wemby

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4011418,00.html

·
Banned
83 Posts

why did mr capello named a crying girl like mr vodka captain of england, when the latter was pictured [with mr fat lampie]at a nightclub the day before the carling cup final against tottenham last season???

What guaranties us that he will not do the same thing the day before a world cup final?????

Yes look carefully thats Mr Vodka!!!!!
:mad: :mad:

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
No way is Capello right, Ferdy is a great DF but plays even better with the armband on. Terry doesnt need the resposibilities for the type of defender he is (chucking himself infront of the ball)..where as ferdy is neat and tidy.....1st wrong deision by Mr F Capello

·
Registered
90 Posts
Captain thug

J.T gets the nod for the armband :confused:

What was don fab thinkin..........

hmm do i pick some1 who reads the game and stops the attack b4 it gets withhin
striking range or do i pick some1 who doesnt mind throwong his body in the way ala last ditch cornered rat mentality.........

chavtastic.......

well done boss

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I'm quite disappointed because I really thought Rio would get the armband.

When I was at Wembley for the NFL game last October John Terry opened proceedings. As soon as his name was announced he was roundly booed. It clearly upset the cry baby and showed just how little respect the English public have for him.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
i just hope rio wont get too down after this...there's no way mr spitter could be the captain...he is a great player but once a spitter always a spitter...before that happened i'd thought of terry as a good player and a great rolemodel....
let me put it like this - i hope we spank england 3-0 in zagreb with terry making a few blunders and gets sent off for spitting

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
as i said in "terry spat on tevez" thread
capello is dirty and he likes dirty sick ill attidtude racial players = john terry

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
abojodeh said:
as i said in "terry spat on tevez" thread
capello is dirty and he likes dirty sick ill attidtude racial players = john terry
lol - true capello is dirty just for being italian...when i see some of their behaving when they come to croatia i think to myself - what a hecked up world we're living..
they're thiefs,dirty sods

1 - 13 of 13 Posts