Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: Goal.com

24-year old Argentinean attacking ace Carlos Tevez has announced his desire to turn his loan spell with Manchester United into a permanent deal.

The Argentine forward has impressed in his first season at Old Trafford, having scored 18 goals thus far in all competitions and formed a formidable understanding with the likes of Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo.

The 24-year-old is currently on loan from Media Sports Investments, a controversial situation that is usually forbidden due to the Premier League’s strict stance against third-party deals.

Although the loan is not yet halfway through, Tevez is keen to extend his stay beyond the two years initially agreed, despite his bewildering lack of first-team opportunities in recent weeks.

“I want to stay with Manchester United and I want to sign,” he said. “I wouldn’t yet say I’m in a hurry, but I really want to carry on with United.”

Disappointing Performance

The former West Ham man was asked to occupy a more withdrawn role against Barcelona last week, playing as part of a five-man midfield in United’s scoreless draw in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final at Camp Nou.

Sir Alex Ferguson, whose team blew an opportunity to secure the Premier League title by losing to 2-1 at Chelsea yesterday, was disappointed with the Red Devils’ performance in Catalunya, but insists they will bounce back for the home leg this Tuesday.

“If someone had told me at the start of the season that to get into the Champions League final we’d have to win our semi-final at Old Trafford, I’d have taken it,” said Ferguson.

“But we know we were disappointing in Barcelona in terms of our contribution to the game. We were disappointed because normally one of our great strengths is keeping possession of the ball, but we didn’t do that, which was a surprise.

“I’ve been looking at a lot of different reasons for that and we’re quite confident that we know them. Hopefully the bad performance is behind us now.”

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
why would he not, but i do have a theory about this subject. he has expresed his feeling to go back to boca juniors when he is 28 ? so is it worth spending mega bucks on a lad that will only see four years at the club ? maybe just extend his loan spell until he is 28 ?

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
Drew9 said:
why would he not, but i do have a theory about this subject. he has expresed his feeling to go back to boca juniors when he is 28 ? so is it worth spending mega bucks on a lad that will only see four years at the club ? maybe just extend his loan spell until he is 28 ?

Not becuase of that.. we have manucho coming in , And ANOTHER striker... So by my calculations we would have 5 strikers?... and the price of Tevez i have heard is around £37 million... is this true?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
your right there have been reports about that but it's not true, it cant be as fergie has said he can purchase him for a reasonable fee, im just wondering weather fergie is thinking of just continuring his loan, we'll see the best of him next year though when he's had a good rest him and rooney will be key ! :)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Offload the injury-prone 'Balsa-wood man' Louis Saha then! And United will have 4 strikers at the beginning of the next term:

Wayne Rooney
Carlos Tevez
Manucho Goncalves
New Forward

But come to think of it, we can actually get Samuel Eto'o, David Villa, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Dimitar Berbatov or Karim Benzema for that sum of money...

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I very much doubt he'll cost £37 Million to sign. I read it was more in the region around the £20 Million region which is a fair price. No doubt about it though, SAF made it clear he'll sign Tevez on a permenant basis.

As for our new striker, i reckon it'll either be Benzema or someone we totally didn't expect. No-one expected Anderson last summer so what a surprise that was.

·
654 Posts
red_devils4life said:
Offload the injury-prone 'Balsa-wood man' Louis Saha then! And United will have 4 strikers at the beginning of the next term:

Wayne Rooney
Carlos Tevez
Manucho Goncalves
New Forward

But come to think of it, we can actually get Samuel Eto'o, David Villa, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Dimitar Berbatov or Karim Benzema for that sum of money...
I totally agree with you.. Saha needs to go... But will Fergie sell him? He has had many opportunities but hasnt sold him... i can actually see him going on loan somewhere....

As for another striker, its realistic us getting Klose or Huntelaar.... Anyone mention unsettled David Villa?

·
654 Posts
Drew9 said:
cant see villa or klose happening, santa cruz is likely ...
I can definatley see Huntelaar happening, if he wanted to come to us

Whos to say he wont bring in a name we have never heard of before? He said he will bring in young players in the summer, so maybe he will go for a Young striker?

i would love to see Rossi back at united!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't forget United possessed two strikers in our youth academy team who are equally determined to force thier way into Sir Alex Ferguson's first-team, Fraizer Campbell & Danny Welbeck. From what I've seen of the former during his loan spell with Hull City in the Coca-Cola Championship, he is a very agile striker with pace and determination, who possesses the ability to poach goals and create them himself through his speed, skill & athleticism. But I reserve my opinions of the latter as I admit that I haven't seen much of him yet.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i already forgot he's on loan for 2 years:D...but i realy have no dubt he'll be here for more than 2 years:)...he's enjoying life at Manchester and he's prooving this through he's performances

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
will be great if he can stay at united......but if we do buy a striker then it must be a good one.....and if we buy teevz and another striker that means that we will have 3 good strikers which includes roo+tevez+new
so who will we play????
rooney is a fan favourite and he si one of the best players united have.....
if we buy tevez then he is an important player for us but too similar to rooney....
then we will buy a striker who will mostly be bought (IMO) to score way more than 25 goals in a season....
it will be really tough if we have 3 great stikers.....tevez and roo and similar and the other striker (i hope) will score lots goals........
it will be tough to decide who to play
i have a feeling we wont buy anyone else other than a sub if we do buy tevez...
and if we buy another striker+tevez then one of these or rooney will not be content to stay on the bench

i hope you guys understood what i mean here...

or else we dont buy anyone and then bring in wlebeck and campbell to the squad...

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I, like everyone, really wishes he stays.

He has been vitally important to us this year (in all honesty, more important than I thought he would be) and we need to sign him.

I don't think it'll be £37m. I think it will be around £20m. But next season, hopefully our strikeforce will be out of this World, with Rooney, Tevez, Manucho, Saha (if he manages to stay fit, which is getting rather repetitive and is a big if, and if hes here) and a new striker, which I hope will be Fabiano, Santa Cruz or Eto'o. (Eto'o only if we get him for £15-£20m, possibly stretching to £25m)

·
Registered
4 Posts
He has been a very important player for us this season and will continue to be...he has that knack of getting important goals at vital times... however i fully believe we need to offload Saha (if anyone will take him) and get in a poacher....i would love to see Berbatov come in but he is not what is needed...I wouldve loved to have seen Jermaine Defoe at United as i think he would have been ideal and not too dear...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts