Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United forward Carlos Tevez has blamed Sir Alex Ferguson for his lack of goals, insisting he has been forced to sacrifice his own attacking instincts for the team's sake...

United's unconventional forward-line has been discussed to no end by the media over the past few seasons, with particular emphasis placed on the individual roles of Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo and Tevez.

The arrival of Dimitar Berbatov during the summer has thrown a spanner in the works, as the Bulgarian striker - who forged a famous partnership with Robbie Keane at Tottenham Hotspur - has straightened up the Red Devils' attack and is quickly establishing himself in the first team.

That - as well as Ronaldo's return from injury - means Tevez, who was regularly deployed as a No. 9 last term and scored 19 goals, has taken a back seat in recent weeks, whether on the pitch or the pine.

The Argentine international has found the net just once this season, and he believes Ferguson's tactical shift is the culprit.

“I’m not as effective in the area any more. The person up front has to do a lot more for the team than score goals,” Tevez told The Sun.

“They have to play more for the team and I think I’ve sacrificed myself recently.

“I’m not as dangerous. That is something I’ve lost. I have to get that back. I used to score great goals.

“But something strange happened.”

Tevez's comments could have severe repercussions for his prospects at Old Trafford, especially given the uncertainty surrounding his contract.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Can understand where he's comming from but he isn't having a dig at Fergie is he, again the papers trying to cause some kind of a rift.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
He isn't even saying its Fergies fault.

What he actually said was that the work ethic of English football has made him lose some of his natural flair.

The Sun have just twisted it round to make it look worse than it is, so they can get a sensational story out of it.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
TafaMANUTD said:
Tevez's comments could have severe repercussions for his prospects at Old Trafford, especially given the uncertainty surrounding his contract.
Lol. Poo stirrers!

Tevez was our best player in August, scored his solitary goal against our biggest rivals and has only been kept on the bench recently because Rooney and Berbatov have started banging them in.

He's an integral part of the 1st team and he'll get plenty of games and goals this season.

·
23,699 Posts
Even if the report is true, it can't be the fault of Fergie. As I mentioned in another thread, I suspect it is a CM problem, for I think we seriously lack some steel in the middle of the park (how we were overrun against better oppositions like at Anfield) and some maraulding type to, as somebody used it in this forum, 'carry the ball forward' from midfield. That may well be why Rooney and Tevez have to drop back to 'carry the ball forward', thus wittingly or unwittingly changing their natural style of play and taking on new functions, for the better or worse.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
reddwarf said:
Lol. Poo stirrers!

Tevez was our best player in August, scored his solitary goal against our biggest rivals and has only been kept on the bench recently because Rooney and Berbatov have started banging them in.

He's an integral part of the 1st team and he'll get plenty of games and goals this season.
This is not wroten by me ..

A took this to a Soccer WebPortal ....

and posted here!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Funny how they left out this part of the interview....

"I feel better if I play a front role but I also play as a No.9 when I have to. I can do that. I'm ready to adapt for the team."

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
germufc said:
Funny how they left out this part of the interview....

"I feel better if I play a front role but I also play as a No.9 when I have to. I can do that. I'm ready to adapt for the team."
Who would have guessed?

An article leaving out a vital part of the interview so that the story looks sensational

Wow! :eek:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
versa said:
No, they did not! Wow! :eek: :D
lmao. My bad :eek:

Well, the article that the thread creator posted did.

So I'm maintaining my point, but changing The Sun to the thread creators article :D :p

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
tbh i feel for the boy
hes not going to play as much as he would like this season with berbatov in
but in terms of him playing his game
no one is forcing him to do all the running i just thought that is what he did

·
Registered
601 Posts
tevez is world class, but he needs to admit when he has a chance he does miss them when he should have put them away. so if there is anyone to blame its his finishing.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Carlos rubbishes claims

Carlos Tevez has moved to distance himself from quotes attributed to him in various media sources on Thursday.

Reports suggested the Argentina international was feeling the strain of playing in the Barclays Premier League and was unhappy with his recent form.

But Tevez insists he has no idea where these quotes originated, and denies any association with them.

A spokesperson for the striker said the quotes were “totally untrueâ€.

“Carlos has just told me that he loves playing in the English league and is very happy at Manchester United,†the spokesperson said.

“He is conscious only of helping the team to win and is not worried about where he plays on the pitch. Nor does he feel the Barclays Premier League has extra pressure.

“Carlos's prime objective is to help the team and his team-mates to continue winning."

official man united site

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I hate the Sun. Such a misleading headline. Tevez vicariously blamed Fergie for something IF you connect about 900 dots...lame....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts