Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 1392 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tevez: I need to quit United | The Sun |Sport|Football

CARLOS TEVEZ admits he is now weighing up his future at Manchester United after becoming a fringe player.

The Argentine striker, 24, is approaching the end of a two-year loan deal at Old Trafford having been a regular starter last season.

But following Dimitar Berbatov's £30.75million arrival from Tottenham in August, the former West Ham striker has cut a frustrated figure.

He told Argentine radio: “Even if you score three or four goals, you do not play in another game.

"There are many very good players but I need to play

“There are many players and they all need to play but I have not played in important matches.

“I have many offers, not only from Spain. I need to see which club I can go to and what can be done.

“We must not only consider the money, I also have to ensure my family feel comfortable, especially my daughter. So I have a lot to think about.”

Carlos Tevez: I Need To Leave Manchester United - Goal.com

Rumours surrounding the Manchester United future of Carlos Tevez have circulated all season, with a host of clubs linked with a move to step in and end the Argentine's much-reported frustration with life on the Old Trafford bench.

Although popular with fans and, when picked, produces performances of effort and quality, the diminutive forward quite often finds himself on the bench, and English tabloid newspaper The Sun is now reporting that Tevez has told an Argentine radio station that he wants to leave United.

"Even if you score three or four goals, you do not play in another game," he is quoted as saying by The Sun.

"There are many very good players but I need to play. There are many players and they all need to play but I have not played in important matches.

"I have many offers, not only from Spain. I need to see which club I can go to and what can be done."

And family life rather than money was the key factor in where he might decide to move, according to the 24-year-old, who is approaching the end of a two-year loan spell at Old Trafford.

"We must not only consider the money, I also have to ensure my family feel comfortable, especially my daughter. So I have a lot to think about," he concluded.

No mention of the name of the radio station he said it to.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Don't believe the papers...all BS imo.

I'll be sad to see him leave if he does go. Even still, its not like his 2 seasons with us wasn't fruitful in terms of how many Medals he won. He's loved by the fans.

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,243 Posts
I want him to stay, but I'm starting to be resigned to the fact that he's going. I think it will be a shame if he does as I don't think we have seen the best of him on a regular basis. Perhaps it is time for him to leave for his own sake, he'll always get a good response if he comes to play against us though, when I hope he doesn't play that well, lol

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I can honestly see Tevez leaving in the Summer now..!
I just think the deal that surrounds him is so complicated, even if we were to sign him up permantley then down the road some other stumbling block will appear in his contract leading to more trouble..
I for one won't be all that upset if he leaves, i've enjoyed watching him play for the club but this year he's been frustrating.. He's worth nowhere near the quoted price of £30M either..!

·
25,243 Posts
What's the deal anyway, if we don't sign him up then what will he cost other clubs? And can we not just sign him after his contract is up for free? Why pay 30mill to guarantee his services when he has made it totally clear that he wants to stay, I recon there's still a lot more controversy to come over this, back room dealings going on for sure

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
What's the deal anyway, if we don't sign him up then what will he cost other clubs? And can we not just sign him after his contract is up for free? Why pay 30mill to guarantee his services when he has made it totally clear that he wants to stay, I recon there's still a lot more controversy to come over this, back room dealings going on for sure
To be honest, i'm not sure anybody really knows the deal.. It's so complicated like, I think we've already paid an amount for his services and it's a matter of paying a lot more on top of that to sign him up permantely.. I think the whole deal is worth close to £30M in the end, but there's way more to this deal than what meets the eye.. Real Madrid will probably snatch him up full-time for like £10M in the summer..!

·
25,243 Posts
To be honest, i'm not sure anybody really knows the deal.. It's so complicated like, I think we've already paid an amount for his services and it's a matter of paying a lot more on top of that to sign him up permantely.. I think the whole deal is worth close to £30M in the end, but there's way more to this deal than what meets the eye.. Real Madrid will probably snatch him up full-time for like £10M in the summer..!
That was my point, if they can get him for 10mil, then can't we just let the contract run out and do the same?

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
im sure if we dont sign him before the contract ends a bid wouldnt be entertained.

i would let him go and sign someone who scores goals.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
That was my point, if they can get him for 10mil, then can't we just let the contract run out and do the same?
Lol, I haven't a clue.. it makes sense that way but I dunno?!
Like you said there there's dealings behind the scene going on, that agent of his Kia whateverhisnameis is a greedy cnut, so he'll be looking for the biggest fee..!
Not sure how much more we have to pay to get him signed up but even Fergie mustn't be too keen on the deal, otherwise he'd be signed up by now..!

·
23,699 Posts

I'll be sad to see him leave if he does go. Even still, its not like his 2 seasons with us wasn't fruitful in terms of how many Medals he won. He's loved by the fans.
It must be true. He was speaking to Radio Del Plata.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts

There are direct quotes. It would be different if there's none. I think this is a ploy by him to try and get Fergie to sign him. I dunno what it is but I just have this feeling he could join Liverpool. I really hope i'm wrong and he's to going to be a Judas **** but you woul never know.

1 - 20 of 1392 Posts