Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 1392 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
i just cant help but think that all this statements he has made is to make fergie play him more and take the money out and buy him. remember, he was the one who said he love playing at united. and not much teams can match united in chances of winning titles. the only one i can seriously think of is barcelona.

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,243 Posts
I'd hate it if he went to Liverpool, I hated Gabby for even thinking about it and he was a player I really liked and didn't want to see the back of too

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I'd hate it if he went to Liverpool, I hated Gabby for even thinking about it and he was a player I really liked and didn't want to see the back of too
that would be possible, since his mate mascherano is there. but how he would fit into their system, i dont know.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
i just cant help but think that all this statements he has made is to make fergie play him more.
It probably is. And he's a fool as it only works against him.

Everyone knows that head down, feet in Carrington is the way
to the first team, look at Fletcher.

·
23,699 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
If you would believe...

But after Gabby's attempted transfer, don't be too surprised if it turns out true too. Just to piss off United would be worth its while.

BENITEZ LINES UP TEVEZ BID

BENITEZ LINES UP TEVEZ BID - Soccer, Sport - Independent.ie
Let him go lah....

Even if he wants to go to Liverpool...it wouldn't disturb me so much this time.
The club hasn't exactly be straight with Carlos Tevez, so I think he has earned the right to go where ever he wants.

Anyway, he's just not working out for us.

·
23,699 Posts
Let him go lah....

Even if he wants to go to Liverpool...it wouldn't disturb me so much this time.
The club hasn't exactly be straight with Carlos Tevez, so I think he has earned the right to go where ever he wants.

Anyway, he's just not working out for us.
Both are correct. :thumbsup:

:bye2:

*looking nervously over my shoulders for CROoney" ;)

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
:huh: :thumbsdownsmileyani :bye2:

That's pretty harsh for a player who practically exudes loyalty & bleeds onto the pitch for us.
Id have to agree, the lad has pleaded he wants to stay and how much he loves the club yet he is treated like some sort of judas by some of the supporters. Its really sad how after he helped us achieve so much last season.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Rafael Benitez launches bold bid to bring Carlos Tevez to Anfield | Premier League - Times Online

Rafael Benítez is preparing to antagonise Sir Alex Ferguson once more with an audacious bid to sign Carlos Tévez.

The Argentina forward is increasingly resigned to leaving Manchester United at the end of the season, with Real Madrid his most likely destination. Benítez has signalled Liverpool’s willingness to join Chelsea, Manchester City and Inter Milan in the mêlée for his signature.

Ferguson has not yet given up hope of retaining Tévez’s services after his complicated two-year lease arrangement expires at the end of the season, but the forward’s growing discontent means that he will consider a move away from Old Trafford — even if United manage to reach an agreement with the companies that hold his economic rights.

Tévez, who joined United in a controversial move from West Ham United in August 2007, would be likely to cost any other club more than the £22 million that United have to pay at the end of the season to turn the player’s loan into a permanent deal. Benítez, though, is determined to test the water.
The Spaniard knows that United have no control over Tévez if and when he leaves Old Trafford and that the Barclays Premier League leaders would not receive any money, with the transfer fee instead going to the companies, headed by Kia Joorabchian, that own the player’s economic rights.

Tévez, 25, is frustrated at his loss of favour since Dimitar Berbatov’s arrival at Old Trafford from Tottenham Hotspur in the summer, having not started any of United’s four matches in the Champions League knockout phase.

Madrid are favourites to sign Tévez should he end his two-year stint at United, with Florentino Pérez, who is expected to be elected Real’s new president next month, confident of delivering the forward as part of a wide-reaching rebuilding operation that is expected to include a world-record bid for Cristiano Ronaldo, the United forward. But Liverpool have registered their interest in signing Tévez if he wishes to stay in England — and if the price is right.

Tévez declared in an interview with an Argentine radio station this week that “in my situation, an exit [from United] will be the best solution” and that “there are other options for next season”, citing interest from Real and Inter as well as other clubs, of which there are now three in England monitoring the situation.

Ferguson, the United manager, would bristle at the idea of the forward joining just about any of the interested clubs. He blocked Gabriel Heinze’s proposed move to Liverpool in August 2007 and said of Real this season that he “wouldn’t sell that mob a virus”.

As revealed in The Times a week ago, Tévez concluded that his future lay away from United after being dropped for the 1-0 victory away to Porto in the Champions League quarter-final, second leg.

His sense of injustice is shared by some of his team-mates and certainly by the club’s supporters, who cheered his name loudly when the substitutes were announced before the 2-0 Premier League victory over Portsmouth on Wednesday — in contrast to Berbatov, whose name was booed by an audible minority.

These are issues that Ferguson could do without, having shown several signs of tetchiness in recent weeks even as his team continue their defence of the Premier League and Champions League titles.

He has been at odds with Benítez since January and the Liverpool manager continued the verbal jousting yesterday. Benítez insisted that he had been right to stand up to his United counterpart and that Liverpool are the better team on form, even though they trail by three points in the title race, having played a game more.

“I’m not having a battle of words with Alex Ferguson,” Benítez said in an interview with a Spanish newspaper. “But I believe that he can see that we are the better side and that we’re very close to United. He has been playing these kind of mind games for many years. Nobody has ever said anything against him or stood up to him. It seems like he has a licence to do these sort of things.

“I try not to talk too much, but all I can do when I speak is to defend my own team. I did not say that he seems frightened, but I said that he looks nervous as he can see that we are very close to his team.”

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Liverpool Enter Race For Manchester United's Carlos Tevez - Report - Goal.com

According to a report in the British broadsheet The Times, Liverpool are preparing a bid for Carlos Tevez, whose loan deal at Manchester United is set to expire at the end of the season.

It seems that the Argentina international striker has resigned himself to departing Old Trafford this summer, after he revealed that he was frustrated by the lack of playing time he had been afforded this season.

Furthermore, the Red Devils appear to have shown reluctance to take up the offer put forward to them to acquire the economic rights of 'El Apache' from his owners.

However, it is claimed that United manager Alex Ferguson does want to keep hold of the 25-year-old and may urge the club to pay the alleged €24.5 million (£22m) they have been quoted.

Tevez has stated that he has several options should he decide to leave the European champions, and it is thought that as well as Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester City and Inter are all keen to add him to their squads.

However, should the former Boca Juniors and Corinthians star opt to pursue a career away from Old Trafford, it is said that the club looking to land him will have to pay more than the figure Man United would.

I don't think we need him at Old trafford, but I definately don't want to see him at Liverpool, or Madrid. Barcelona or Inter would be his best option.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5230918,00.html

Michael Carrick has urged Manchester United team-mate Carlos Tevez to stay at Old Trafford.

Tevez's future with the Premier League leaders remains uncertain as he nears the end of his two-year loan arrangement.

Reports suggest United are reluctant to meet the asking price to sign the Argentinian permanently, while Tevez is concerned about his prospects of regular football.

The forward has featured less often this season due to the arrival of Dimitar Berbatov and has suggested he may have to leave at the end of the season.

Real Madrid are favourites to sign the 25-year-old, but United midfielder Carrick is eager for Tevez to stay part of Sir Alex Ferguson's squad.
Top player

"We want him to stay, Carlos is a top player," Carrick told The Sun. "He has scored some very important goals for us over the last few years.

"We've got a world-class squad, we've got world- class players and Carlos is one of them.

"We want to keep moving forward as a team and as a squad so we'd like to keep our best players here.

"But it's down to the manager. I'm sure he knows the best way to make sure we do keep progressing."

Meanwhile, Carrick has also defended Berbatov after the Bulgarian again incurred the wrath of United supporters following his penalty miss in last weekend's FA Cup semi-final shoot-out defeat by Everton.

Carrick added: "He's a vital player for us and I think he'll show that in these important games we've got coming up.

"There's no doubt he'll come good and he's only going to get better the longer he stays at United. The fans will see what a top-drawer player he is."

Carrick: Don't leave us, Tevez | The Sun |Sport|Football

MICHAEL CARRICK last night begged Carlos Tevez: Please don’t leave us.

In an exclusive interview with SunSport, the Manchester United and England midfielder issued a desperate plea to his Argentinian team-mate to rethink his threat to quit Old Trafford at the end of the season.

We revealed yesterday hitman Tevez, 25, was fed up being sidelined for United’s big games and wants to play abroad for family reasons.

But United’s stars hope he will have a change of heart.

Carrick said: “We want him to stay, Carlos is a top player. He has scored some very important goals for us over the last few years.

“We’ve got a world-class squad, we’ve got world- class players and Carlos is one of them.

“We want to keep moving forward as a team and as a squad so we’d like to keep our best players here.

“But it’s down to the manager. I’m sure he knows the best way to make sure we do keep progressing.”

Carrick also backed United striker Dimitar Berbatov to put his FA Cup disappointment behind him — starting against their old club Spurs on Saturday.

He said: “He’s a vital player for us and I think he’ll show that in these important games we’ve got coming up.

“There’s no doubt he’ll come good and he’s only going to get better the longer he stays at United. The fans will see what a top-drawer player he is.”

Michael Carrick Urges Carlos Tevez To Stay At Manchester United - Goal.com

Michael Carrick has pleaded with Manchester United team-mate Carlos Tevez not to seek a move away from the club at the end of the season.

The Argentina international striker's loan deal at Old Trafford is set to expire this summer and the Red Devils have not yet agreed to pay the reported £22 million that his owners are seeking for the player’s economic rights.

The 25-year-old has also recently voiced his frustration at seeing his first-team opportunities limited this campaign following the arrival of Dimitar Berbatov from Tottenham Hotspur.

However, England international midfielder Carrick believes it would be a huge mistake to allow ‘El Apache’ to leave the club as he sees the former Boca Juniors and Corinthians star as a key member of the United squad.

"We want him to stay, Carlos is a top player. He has scored some very important goals for us over the last few years," Carrick is quoted as saying by The Sun.

"We’ve got a world-class squad, we’ve got world-class players and Carlos is one of them.

"We want to keep moving forward as a team and as a squad so we’d like to keep our best players here.

"But it’s down to the manager. I’m sure he knows the best way to make sure we do keep progressing."

Carrick also showed his support for Bulgarian forward Berbatov, who has come in for criticism of late, especially after he missed a penalty in the FA Cup semi-final.

"He’s a vital player for us and I think he’ll show that in these important games we’ve got coming up,” Carrick said.

"There’s no doubt he’ll come good and he’s only going to get better the longer he stays at United. The fans will see what a top-drawer player he is."

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Stop posting the same story just from different tabloids onto this thread.
It will end up ruining the thread altogether.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'd rather have seen us buy Tevez than Berbatov to be quite honest. But now that Berbatov has been bought I feel that it is time for Tevez to go, be sad to see him leave though, has scored important goals and always gives 100%

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Don't get me wrong i love carlos tevez but if he does leave then surely we will sign a qualtiy centre forward who can be like RVN a fox in the box which is what we need really eto'o would do just fine lol :D

·
23,699 Posts
FAO CROoney again... ;)

It seems Fergie wants him.

telegraph

Manchester United's Sir Alex Ferguson insists Carlos Tevez will stay

Sir Alex Ferguson has shrugged off Carlos Tevez's complaints about limited first team opportunities with Manchester United and insists he is optimistic that he will hold on to the Argentinian striker this summer.

Tevez was quoted in his homeland this week as saying he will leave Old Trafford at the end of the campaign due to his lack of first team football, a claim that his manager refutes.

"Whether the games he has played are important games or not is a different question but he has played in quite a few big games," said Ferguson. "I don't want him to be unhappy because he is an important player for us.

"The difficulty is when you have got the options I have got – I bought another striker in with Berbatov, as well as having the option of playing Ronaldo as a striker – you create problems for yourself because all good players want to play in every game. But they can't play in every game in this league – it is impossible.

"I think he genuinely wants to stay here and that is something we are trying to work towards. I have told him that repeatedly. And there is not much more I can do."

The complicated background to Tevez's contract status means the former West Ham forward is only on loan at Old Trafford and is a free agent at season's end with the ability to walk out on United.

However, his work rate and effort in United's cause has been hugely impressive and Ferguson believes Tevez can take pride in the part he has played in the team's success.

"He does give fantastic effort," said United's Scottish manager. "That is one of his best qualities. He is a tiger, he fights for every ball, he holds it up well, he is a handful to play against, we know that.

"But I go back to the point that he is has played more minutes than any of the other players up front and I think if he looked at that he would think differently.

"I think he should be here next season, I certainly hope so. Of course we are vulnerable because he is on loan, no question about that. That is our weakness.

"And when he is being asked questions about his future then it is loaded towards his future and his options. His loan period finishes at the end of the season.

"But we are where we are. Six games left in the league and at least two games left in the Champions League, hopefully at the end of the season he will realise that he has made a big contribution.

"And that is what we say to all the players. When you deal with the squad I have got – and they are all internationals – at the end of the season if we have won something, they should all feel they have made a contribution to that success."

Tevez is certainly a far more popular figure among United supporters at the moment than Dimitar Berbatov, who was jeered by a small section of supporters in the midweek home win over Portsmouth, the legacy of his disastrous FA Cup semi-final penalty miss.

"It was a bad penalty and he knows that," said Ferguson. "He was disappointed in himself, don't worry about that. He is down about it. But to our supporters I say, let's move on."

21 - 40 of 1392 Posts