Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 60 of 1392 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
To be honest if Tevez joined pool I think it would add some flames to our rivalry. :)

I'm all for a greater challenge. What's the point of winning easy?

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
but its not up to fergie, wants his loan is up hes free to join who wants to, l hope he joins iverpool, hes a top player...
Why do you hope he signs for Liverpool?!:rolleyes:

I'd hate to see any player leave our club and join one of our main rivals, never mind joining ******* Liverpool..!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Why do you hope he signs for Liverpool?!:rolleyes:

I'd hate to see any player leave our club and join one of our main rivals, never mind joining ******* Liverpool..!
cuz hes a top player who shud be playin with the top team in england and since utd mite not be keepin em he shud be playin with the second best team liverpool...

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
cuz hes a top player who shud be playin with the top team in england and since utd mite not be keepin em he shud be playin with the second best team liverpool...
I know what your saying, but i'd seriously hate it if he was in a Liverpool shirt next season..
He's better off going to the La Liga like Gabriel Heinze..!:)

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
yeah f*ck that. his a fan fav with us and a top lad whos a fantastic player. three main reasons why that shouldnt happen:

1. makes loserpool better|

2. tevez will get robbed

3. his our boy not theres and never will be

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
yeah f*ck that. his a fan fav with us and a top lad whos a fantastic player. three main reasons why that shouldnt happen:

1. makes loserpool better|

2. tevez will get robbed

3. his our boy not theres and never will be
hows he ur boy, united dont even own him ...

·
23,699 Posts
guardian

Carlos Tevez admits he is likely to leave Manchester United for Spanish club
• 'I would like to go to Spain,' says frustrated striker
• 'I don't see why I should lie because the fans support me'

Carlos Tevez has admitted that he is likely to leave Old Trafford for a Spanish club at the end of the season after seeing his gut-busting efforts fail to cement him a regular place in the Manchester United attack.

The 25-year-old striker has made only 16 starts for United this season and scored just three goals. He believes his poor return is down to his staccato run in the team having often been overlooked for Dimitar Berbatov, Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney.

"I've spent a lot of time on the bench and I'd like to play more. But every time I'm given a chance I do all I can to take full advantage," he told Madrid radio station Cadena COPE. "It's true, I see myself more leaving United, than staying here. I don't see why I should lie to people or anything because the fans support me a lot as you can see. So I don't have any reason to lie to them. I need continuity in the team to offer my best. If this doesn't happen I believe this will be my last year."

Tevez received a standing ovation from the Manchester United supporters who have been vocal in their appreciation of the Argentinian's indefatigable approach to every match since he joined the club in a convoluted £10m loan deal in 2007.

Those supporters need no convincing as to Tevez's commitment but he was quick to make clear that any desire he has to leave Old Trafford is born of a frustration at being left on the bench rather than any lack of desire. "While I wear the United shirt I will leave my life on the pitch. You can see that in every game I play. I respect people a lot and I am grateful to them," he said. "My future? I would like to go to Spain, yes, but I don't know yet. I have no preference for a team. We'll see."

His decision to air his frustration on a Madrid radio station may hint at the striker's preferred destination, but with Liverpool rumoured to be interested in Tevez, who is still owned by a third party not Manchester United, the Spanish flavour at Anfield may prove a tempting alternative.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
I'd like to see how much Liverpool are willing to pay for the services of Tevez. I don't think MSI will let go of him for anything less than 25 million.

I've read somewhere that other clubs will have to pay more than United since we've already paid around 10 million for the loan deal.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Carlos Tevez has given his strongest indication yet that he will leave Manchester united in the summer.

The Argentine is currently nearing the end of a two-year loan deal at Old Trafford, and Red Devils manager Sir Alex Ferguson has said the club are keen to extend his stay.

But speculation over the forward's future continues to linger and during Wednesday night's 1-0 UEFA Champions League win over Arsenal, Tevez looked frustrated when he was replaced by striker Dimitar Berbatov on 66 minutes.

And now the 25-year-old has revealed he is leaning more towards a departure come the end of the season, with the Primera Division his preferred destination.

Tevez told Cadena COPE: "It's true I've spent a lot of time on the bench and I'd like to play more. But every time I'm given a chance I do all I can to do well and take full advantage.

"Yes, it's like that, it's true I see myself more leaving United than staying here.
Spain

"I don't see why I should lie to people or anything because the fans support me a lot as you can see. So I don't have any reason to lie to them.

"While I wear the United shirt I will leave my life on the pitch. You can see that in every game I play. I respect people a lot and I'm grateful to them.

"My future? I don't know what will happen for my future. I would like to go to Spain, yes, but I don't know yet.

"I have no preference for a team . . . we'll see.

"With respect to the fans and the history of Manchester United, I don't want to leave the club. But from a personal aspect, my exit will be the best solution.

Ronaldo support

"I need continuity in the team to offer my best. If this doesn't happen I believe this will be my last year."

Red Devils attacker Cristiano Ronaldo, meanwhile, has voiced his hope that Tevez, who has made 16 Premier League starts this term, remains with the Premier League and European champions.

He said in The Sun: "He's a great player. United have to keep their best players and Carlos is one of the best.

"I've played with him for two years now and we know each other well."

Sky Sports | Football | News | Tevez leaning towards exit

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
2006 unhappy Tevez Where Will Tevez Go?

I think his reactions before and now are in a result of following his owners instructions......
He can plays well together with Berbatov ,but I never found one good word for his team mate..

·
Registered
5 Posts
we need defensive midfielders ! Palacios will be superb move for us ! we should really try to get him !
and hopefully valencia is on his way to man united ! and thats it we will be fit for holding trophies for the next seasons

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Ah just get out.
Can you blame him though?
The lad wants to play football. If he does leave it's a win win situation.
We don't want to pay x more million for his transfer and he wants to play regular football.
If he does leave then we might replace him with a world class striker.
I wont harbour any resentment towards him if he did leave. The way he sweated for the crest and still does is admirable. He was pivotal to our successes last season and has been decent enough this year,
but we can find better players than him or else use the likes of Welbeck and Macheda.
As long as he doesn't move to the Scousers it will be all good.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
We don't want to pay x more million for his transfer and he wants to play regular football.
I wont harbour any resentment towards him if he did leave. The way he sweated for the crest and still does is admirable. He was pivotal to our successes last season and has been decent enough this year,
but we can find better players than him or else use the likes of Welbeck and Macheda.
My feelings on Tevez have fluctuated.

When he was banging on about how he wanted to stay
and how the fans wanted him, I was annoyed and would
have preferred if he'd kept his head down.

Recently, he has impressed me. He was something of a catalyst
against Spurs and wasn't that bad against Arsenal. I don't
think he's amazing and would prefer Macheda to him as Macheda
needs games for his development, only because of that.

I think that his transfer fee is a bit high and would be happy if
he stayed for less, maybe £15mil.

This is one of his main redeeming features;
YouTube - Ji-Sung Park Birthday with Evra & Tevez- English subtitle .

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
My feelings on Tevez have fluctuated.

When he was banging on about how he wanted to stay
and how the fans wanted him, I was annoyed and would
have preferred if he'd kept his head down.

Recently, he has impressed me. He was something of a catalyst
against Spurs and wasn't that bad against Arsenal. I don't
think he's amazing and would prefer Macheda to him as Macheda
needs games for his development, only because of that.

I think that his transfer fee is a bit high and would be happy if
he stayed for less, maybe £15mil.

This is one of his main redeeming features;
YouTube - Ji-Sung Park Birthday with Evra & Tevez- English subtitle .
Iv'e seen that clip :D An odd trio but they all seem like good lads.
My feelings on Tevez have fluctuated also. Last season he was really, really good and scored some vital goals (Blackburn and Lyon spring to mind. There were others) I'd like Tevez to stay because of what he brings to the team and his workrate. He needs to realise he isn't a guaranteed starter, which is the root of the problem I think. His valuation is way off as well. It makes no financial sense splashing out for him when he will just feck off to Boca on a free. Id rather we brought one of the 'fan boy beatles' in ;) Is that what you call them? i.e Benzema :happy
or else put the faith in the young lads. I'd be happy with either tbh. I just know Tevez wont stay but Im not surprised or too disappointed by that.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
JAZZ,

I am agree that every player wants to play regular football,but for one season the games are too much.
Only for the last weeks ,the team like Unated have to play at the top level every 3 days.
I can not accept Tevez's reactions .
Like example Berbatov was benched last game. Few minutes after the final whistle he was asked how he feels at the bench and his answer was very loyal to the Sir Alex and all team mates.
He sayed: ,,Sir Alex explained to me the tactics and plans for the match and tell me that I will not start ,I understand him and I have no reason to be angry . Everytning is OK" .

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Let him go, clearly him staying isn't the best option for either party.

I think he could do well maybe for Inter, doing all the dog's work for Ibrahimovic.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
JAZZ,

I am agree that every player wants to play regular football,but for one season the games are too much.
Only for the last weeks ,the team like Unated have to play at the top level every 3 days.
I can not accept Tevez's reactions .
Like example Berbatov was benched last game. Few minutes after the final whistle he was asked how he feels at the bench and his answer was very loyal to the Sir Alex and all team mates.
He sayed: ,,Sir Alex explained to me the tactics and plans for the match and tell me that I will not start ,I understand him and I have no reason to be angry . Everytning is OK" .
Hey Papu, you bring up some great points. When I heard the news today that Tevez had talked to the radio I was a bit pissed off if Im being honest but being realistic, Tevez was always going to leave this season. He is just making his point and Fergie will have him out the door now. If he goes, Ill wish him well, but I can understand why he is doing it.

41 - 60 of 1392 Posts