Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When he is on the pitch, United are at there best, he must stay, he is a great player, we score goals when he is playing and he plays really well with Rooney and Ronaldo.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i cant see liverpool spending 25m on Tevez when they have already said they need to sell players to sign some. id also like to think that Tevezs love for united would see him steer well clear of meryside.

S

·
0 Posts
i love the guy have always defended him and wanted him to stay up until 23 mins ago when something snapped in me and i thought to myself 'he's prick!'.

I think someone best put it as having a girlfriend that keeps telling you she wants to leave and that she's had offers(in relation to the ronaldo debate last summer), well its starting to repeat itself and its ticking me off.

Theres only way your heading if you leave united, why would anyone want to put themself in that position i dont know.

the headshaking, the interviews, the sulky mood it cant all be media lies.

long live the likes of o'shea!

disclaimer: if he stays id love it, kind of like the gf telling you she's staying and is sorry and wants to marry you.

S

·
0 Posts
i also think SAF is alot more colder and ruthless than some think. He could very well be driving him out.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i dont think hes driving him out. im sure they are trying to hold out and drive the price that MSI are wanting for him.

I dont think its a case of not wanting him, its a case of not paying over the odds for him. theres a nice article in the blogs forum.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Another one of these threads.

Anyway, I don't believe if we are to sign Tevez, it will be for the £22M quoted around(bringing the deal to £30M overall).
I believe Fergie is holding out the deal in order for Kia Joorabchian to decrese his asking price.
A lot of people have said that already and I believe it's the truth.
I feel that Fergie is a big fan of Tevez and does want to sign him this summer.

I wouldn't pay anymore than £12M for Tevez if i'm being honest, if that was the asking price I would look into signing him up permantley. If not let him go. Anyone that's saying Liverpool will sign him if we don't, i'm sure they won't. Liverpool will have to cough up near £30M for him and in that case they haven't a notion in paying that. Real madrid are the only club Rich and Stupid enough to pay that amount for Tevez because they can do it.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Tevez: I’m Off

May 1st, 2009
Tevez: I’m Off

After starting our two biggest games of the season so far in the League Cup final and European Cup semi-final, Carlos Tevez has been speaking to the press again, giving his strongest indication yet that he is leaving.

“It’s true I see myself more leaving United than staying here,” said Tevez in an interview with Cadena COPE. “I don’t see why I should lie to people or anything because the fans support me a lot as you can see. So I don’t have any reason to lie to them. While I wear the United shirt I will leave my life on the pitch. You can see that in every game I play. I respect people a lot and I’m grateful to them. My future? I don’t know what will happen for my future. I would like to go to Spain, yes, but I don’t know yet. I have no preference for a team . . . we’ll see. With respect to the fans and the history of Manchester United, I don’t want to leave the club. But from a personal aspect, my exit will be the best solution. I need continuity in the team to offer my best. If this doesn’t happen I believe this will be my last year.”

Sadly, cheerio then Carlitos.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5262130,00.html another source

·
Registered
364 Posts
Cant really blame him if he helped win the title last season (with a major contribution) and then wakes up day after transfer window shuts to find that the gaffer has spent £30m on another striker. Although a great player (offers more than berbatov in my opinion) ferguson wont spend £3m on him aswell and he wont play the attacking quartet together anyway.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Tevez also said that he will leave when he's still at his
peak and go to Boca, most probably on a free transfer.

Must be remembered.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
why would you want to spend 30 million on a player that has already said he wants to leave for Boca and not just leave but when hes in his prime so that will be when hes what 28 or 27 so 30 million for maybe 5 years of service when your going to lose him on a free transfer becuase the money is not in the game in Argentina for them to be splashing out the cash!

add that to the fact most weeks he will be on the bench too so does it really look like a good bit of business?no

·
Bra-burning feminist
3,918 Posts
We score goals when he's playing?

Do you realise he's scored a grand total of 3 goals in the league this whole season - that's a dreadful return for a supposed '30 million' worth striker (understatement).

I'm not a Tevez hater, but the amount of money we'll have to fork out for him is too much, and I'm getting a little annoyed at all his whining.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Tevez also said that he will leave when he's still at his
peak and go to Boca, most probably on a free transfer.

Must be remembered.
Carlos Tevez: "My dream is to go back to Boca. I want to play in La Liga."
Ruud Van Nistelrooy: "My dream is to play for Real Madrid."
Roy Keane: "Give me more money, or I'll leave." Happened twice.
Rio Ferdinand: "Money please."

Yet all (barring Rio who took a few years to win over the fans), still have the love and admiration of the United fans. But...

Cristiano Ronaldo: "My dream is to play in Spain. I supported Madrid as a boy. I respect United."

Gets called every name under the sun. I just don't get it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
We score goals when he's playing?

Do you realise he's scored a grand total of 3 goals in the league this whole season - that's a dreadful return for a supposed '30 million' worth striker (understatement).
Erhem....and how many games has he started? You would have to compare his goals per minutes on the pitch ratio to rooney/berba to get a fair reflection on anything. In case you havn't noticed berbatov has not exactly been freescoring and it's also quite hard for tevez to score when he isn't actually on the pitch itself. His contribution to the recent Spurs game showed his worth to the team.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I think we (the club here) have an awful cheek to balk at the price-tag when it was us who negotiated it in the first place.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts