Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tevez: I'll sign up now

Carlos Tevez wants to make his move to United permanent and says he would sign a contract “right now” if it was put in front of him.

Tevez is currently still on a loan contract, but with a Premier League winners’ medal already secured and a Champions League final to come next Wednesday he couldn’t be happier.

"I would certainly love to extend my contract, I am very happy here,” he said. “I would go and sign right now if the opportunity was there.

“From day one, everyone has treated me well and the fans even shout 'Argentina', which has made me feel right at home. That is why I am so happy here. Now to have the opportunity to win two big trophies is fantastic. The atmosphere around the squad is amazing.

"A lot of South Americans prefer to play in Italy or Spain when they move to Europe. Maybe one day I’ll play in La Liga, but I’m really pleased that I came to England. This is the best league in the world and I’m amongst some of the best footballers in the world. I’m really happy about that.”

Having experienced life at both ends of the Premier League table since arriving in England in summer 2006 – avoiding relegation with West Ham and winning the title with United – Tevez is well-placed to judge the state of the English game. And it comes as no shock to the diminutive forward that two Premier League sides are contesting the Champions League final.

“I’m not surprised it’s two English clubs in the final,” he said. “It’s the best league in the world and these are the best two English teams. I’m looking forward to it hugely. They’re happy days leading up to a final. We’re all excited about playing in such a big game.”

The Argentinian says the trophy-winning experience of Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes could help make the difference between winning and losing.

“We have experienced players who know these situations,” says Carlos. “Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes can settle everyone down and help us prepare mentally for the game. It would be brilliant to make this the second big trophy of our season. On a European stage and the world stage.

"It will also be interesting to see how the teams line-up tactically. Hopefully it will be a free-flowing game. It depends how the manager sets out his stall. Sir Alex Ferguson likes to play attacking football but it doesn't really matter as long as we win.”

==========================================================

This is great news. I know theres plenty of time to sign him, but imo we should sign him before we sign any new players.

I thought he would be good for us when he signed, but I didn't think he'd be as important to us as he has been. I really hope we sign him during the summer.

{Btw, that picture wasn't the one that went with the report before anyone points it out. That picture wouldn't work so I found another one ;)}

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
manutd004 said:
This is great news. I know theres plenty of time to sign him, but imo we should sign him before we sign any new players.

I thought he would be good for us when he signed, but I didn't think he'd be as important to us as he has been. I really hope we sign him during the summer.

{Btw, that picture wasn't the one that went with the report before anyone points it out. That picture wouldn't work so I found another one ;)}
I agree with you! He is great player!
And he should help United in CL final!

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
tevez is one of my favourate players and he was my dream signing last season :eek:
i wish we perm him and we sign huntelaar :D
tevez as sub when hunt is tired :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Tevez' equalizers are as good as won games and United became champions and went in to the final of CL because of those goals. He is a class player and he should have a permanent deal now.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Great player. No rush though to do it. It'll be done soon enough. How vital his goals against Tottenham & Blackburn proved to be. Lets hope he has another vital goal in him against Chelsea in Moscow.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
abojodeh said:
tevez is one of my favourate players and he was my dream signing last season :eek:
i wish we perm him and we sign huntelaar :D
tevez as sub when hunt is tired :)
what planet are you on mate? im getting a bit bored of your pointless posts, tevez on the bench for huntelaar who hasn't even been signed yet let alone proved himself ? behind ronaldo tevez has been one of our best players and you think he should be sub because someone is banging in the goals in hollands mickey mouse league :confused:

·
Registered
854 Posts
What a player and what a great attitude, he is becoming my favorite player, simply a true professional who has a nac of scoring late important goals.

Everything I said above could have been said about Solskjaer.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I love this guy so much! He might be from the same place as Heinze but this guy is no traitor lol I really hope we can sign him up asap in the summer. I love the passion and dedication and loyalty to us...amazing!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.