Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
tevez is certainly good enough for utd,what concerns me though " is tevez good for rooney".although both players are class i do not believe this strikeforce can fire utd to further glories,if it were'nt for ronaldo utd would probably be out of the running already.i honestly believe utd must get a striker who can deliver the goals needed,he could play perhaps in a 3 man attack or if it came to the crunch with rooney,to me rooney is pivitol to utds future success.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Pardon the sensationalist topic title, but its the best title that fits.

My colleagues and I were discussing the Liverpool games yesterday and somehow the conversation turned to Tevez and I suddenly heard: "He's not good enough for Man Utd; they should sell him!".

Before I knew it, I was the only one defending Carlos Tevez and I'm really baffled by this. My colleagues are real football fans, who have been watching football for as long as I have and in some cases for even longer.

This really got me thinking.

To me this guy is class. It's like having a second Wayne Rooney in the team. He runs tirelessly, has great vision and has scored some vital goals already vs Chelsea and against Spurs. How about his goal against Wigan when he was put through by Anderson? I thought that goal to be very classy.

He might not be a pretty boy like Torres or be able to finish from distance like Torres or Benzema , but his tenacity is great and that is something worth gold.

The arguments were that his finishing is not great, he lacks natural fitness, as well as pace, Man Utd already have a player in a similar mould in Rooney, but Rooney's better, Tevez isn't worth his touted price tag and supposed 90k a week wage and someone even said he seems to be a disruptive force on the pitch?!?!

So I would like to know what other fans think of Carlos Tevez, because I think he's class and at 23 he's going to get even better.
:eek: huh ??? name me one player apart from gattuso who can run like a mad man like tevez ... especially attacker !
I wouldn't let him go in a million years !!!

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
CMON QUIT THIS STUPID ARGUMENT.

Tevez is a world class player, has quite good pace, and is good with the Ball.

IF he was deemed "crap", I dont think Fergie would of bought him! And who cares about this Supposed "37 million" we have to pay for him- hes 23 right? Him and Rooney are near enough the same age and will be a good strike partnership...

So all you "Critics" Leave my boy Tevez alone >:<

:D

·
23,699 Posts
CarlitoTevez said:
OMG. Are you trying to call me Crap!

Now u can forget that hattrick i was gonna score against roma (
Lol.... I remember you so well in the shoutbox after 'you' scored.... :p And then you disappeared.....:eek:

Yes, 'you' are a great player indeed. Our first line of defence, forever running like Forrest Gump, full of infectious fighting spirit, telepathic understanding and partnership with Rooney, so many vital goals 'you' scored for us already, great ball skills and control even in tight situations etc when you are not even at your best. What more can we ask for? Thank 'you'.:D

So is Tevez good enough for Manchester United? Verily.

I, however, share the same concern as some of the members here. Tevez are just too similar to Rooney, both being fox-in-the-hole mould, playing at their best when coming in from deep. When a proper and reasonably often-fit outright striker finally arrives at the scene for us, I doubt he will see much game as the First XI. Hard to imagine Rooney on the bench while Tevez is supporting our true-blue striker.

But that would be a sweet problem for Fergie, I guess.

·
654 Posts
versa said:
Lol.... I remember you so well in the shoutbox after 'you' scored.... :p And then you disappeared.....:eek:

Yes, 'you' are a great player indeed. Our first line of defence, forever running like Forrest Gump, full of infectious fighting spirit, telepathic understanding and partnership with Rooney, so many vital goals 'you' scored for us already, great ball skills and control even in tight situations etc when you are not even at your best. What more can we ask for? Thank 'you'.:D

So is Tevez good enough for Manchester United? Verily.

I, however, share the same concern as some of the members here. Tevez are just too similar to Rooney, both being fox-in-the-hole mould, playing at their best when coming in from deep. When a proper and reasonably often-fit outright striker finally arrives at the scene for us, I doubt he will see much game as the First XI. Hard to imagine Rooney on the bench while Tevez is supporting our true-blue striker.

But that would be a sweet problem for Fergie, I guess.

Its up to Fergie :D

(Btw if someone is Reading this and is REALLY REALLY DUMB- Im not Carlos Tevez :p)

This is Versas idea of a joke. :)

·
23,699 Posts
CarlitoTevez said:
Its up to Fergie :D

(Btw if someone is Reading this and is REALLY REALLY DUMB- Im not Carlos Tevez :p)

This is Versas idea of a joke. :)
Lol. You don't have to reinvent the wheel. I am sure that "someone" already knows. :D ;)

Good to see you again.:)

·
654 Posts
Lmao.. Im sure "somebody" does.. You never no though :)

I know ye, long time no speak.. How u been?
Send me a private message or summat, We dont want to get in trouble with RD or Carly for going "Off topic" :D

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Football FanCast columnist Alec Fenn marvels in the recent performances of Carlos Tevez and feels they have a player capable of firing the champions to domestic and European glory.

Amidst the splendour and glamour of Cristiano Ronaldo's performances this season, another talisman has emerged alongside United's prodigal son. With his shaggy hair and robust frame he is undoubtedly the antithesis of the slick, swaggering Portugese wing-wizard. But in Carlos Tevez Manchester United have a player capable of firing the Premier League champions to both domestic and European glory.

Indeed the Argentinean's impact was no more crucial than in the weekend's defeat of Liverpool. With both Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney guilty of glaring misses to kill the game, the introduction of Tevez provided the injection of quality that proved terminal for the Anfield side. A piece of virtuoso brilliance from Tevez gave Ronaldo the chance to finish the game, but his effort was tipped onto the crossbar. His goal from the resulting corner gave him another day on the back pages of the nation's tabloids, but it was the impact of the boy from Ciudadela that proved key.

One question that continues to dog Ronaldo is his ability to deliver in games of vast magnitude. This is certainly a claim unlikely to be aimed at Tevez. In his debut season with the Old Trafford outfit he has bagged goals against two of the ‘big four' as well as key goals in Europe, not least his last-gasp equaliser at the Stade de Gerland; in the first-leg, quarter final tie against Lyon.

This is a point with which many West Ham fans will empathise as Tevez's ice-like nerve steered the Hammers from relegation to the Championship. Coincidentally it was a goal of real class at Old Trafford, in front of his future employers, that saved Alan Curbishley's men on the final day of the season and possibly sealed a dream move to United.

It appears upon closer inspection that the Argentine's career has been blessed with success of Midas-like proportions. Voted South American Player of the Year three-times at only 24, Tevez can count the Copa Libertadores, The Intercontinental Cup and an Olympic Gold medal amongst his achievements to date. As well as this his goals record for a second striker is impressive with 15 goals in 37 appearances to date.

A further bonus for Sir Alex Ferguson has been the telepathic partnership that has formed between Tevez and strike partner Wayne Rooney. With strike partnerships a rarity in the modern-day game the ability of the pair to forge a successful partnership has been imperative to the side's success so far this season and a testament to
the footballing brain of Tevez that has drawn comparisons with Eric Cantona. The spark between the pair could well be the missing piece of the jigsaw in the side's quest for European honours this season.

He may not have the diamond earings or the movie-star looks of the Portuguese wonder, but come the end of the season, it may well be the impact of Ferguson's ‘lion' that proves most telling as United look to sweep all before them.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Great article that is and i completely agree. Im surprise actually, here i am cant wait for us to give him a permanent deal and already there is voices calling us to sell him. People are forgetting that its only his first season here with us and his second season in the premiership. Even so,he to me already doing well. All he need is more time and as long as we are patient, we will see more of him. I believe come next season, he will be a better player than what he already is.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
Football FanCast columnist Alec Fenn marvels in the recent performances of Carlos Tevez and feels they have a player capable of firing the champions to domestic and European glory.

He may not have the diamond earings or the movie-star looks of the Portuguese wonder, but come the end of the season, it may well be the impact of Ferguson's ‘lion' that proves most telling as United look to sweep all before them.
Thanks for the article, it certainly puts Tevez' impact into perspective.
Ferguson's 'lion' - I like that.

I wonder how much better of a season Tevez could be having, if he had a proper pre-season.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts