Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One injury to Berba/ rooney and we will need tevez like an aspirin on a sunday morning. He simply cannot go and if Fergie has to start playing him to keep hold of him then so be it.

I'm praying for a little injury to berba , say 4 weeks , to give tevez a run and keep him happy.

Back in the old days we had cole/ yorke and teddy and Ole in a rotation that worked - and now fergie can't fit tevez in anywhere?

Does fergie want tevez to go? It's not as if berba is on fire while tevez is coming back from injury. Personally , I think Tevez would have taken that first berba chance against chelsea and scored the other one too.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Must is a bit ott in all fairness. We will definitely replace him if he leaves. No doubt he's a great player, but not integral I would say.

If Rooney or Berbatov get injured then we could easily play a 4-5-1 with Ronaldo and Nani/Giggs playing behind either Rooney or Berbatov. Or else we could just put Ronaldo or Giggs up top with either one.

So therefore, NO I do not think that Tevez staying is a must. In fact it could be a good thing if we got someone like Aguero or Benzema to replace him imo.

·
Registered
736 Posts
He should stay....He wanted to....As a fan, I'll always follow what SAF plan...But for me I want him to stay and fight for his place...Even solskjaer fight on his place and keep on happy even he is on the bench....LEarn from this baby assasin than tevez will be manUtd super sub...

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
we need tevez but we need the tevez of last season getting goals against chelsea and last minute against blackburn not the one we currently have sulking like the prima donna i never thought he was.

if we are ever gonna sign him he needs to concentrate on one thing and thats finding some sort of consistent form. not scoring and then getting 4 and then not scoring again aint what we need to see. I know a regular run in the team may bring this but for all the effort he puts in and does put quite a bit in, very little comes out in evident results for him.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
so you suggest a 32million 80k a week insurance policy?

I see your point, but it's too pricey and as I've highlighted in other posts, even when he was our form player early this season there were no goals.

I would honestly, rather take the money and sign a David Villa or Karim Benzema.

Unless Tevez can recapture his form from 07/08 and start being more of a striker than a midfielder, I don't want this to happen.

Also for his career and his sake, he should leave to somewhere when he will be considered a jewel in the crown.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
antdevil78 said:
we need tevez but we need the tevez of last season getting goals against chelsea and last minute against blackburn not the one we currently have sulking like the prima donna i never thought he was.

if we are ever gonna sign him he needs to concentrate on one thing and thats finding some sort of consistent form. not scoring and then getting 4 and then not scoring again aint what we need to see. I know a regular run in the team may bring this but for all the effort he puts in and does put quite a bit in, very little comes out in evident results for him.
Think you hit the nail on the head

The thing is that defenders are becoming more aware of his movement and are more adapt to tracking him, so when they shut down the space for him, there are not many tricks left in his bag.

So even, if he finds consistent form, I would advocate another type of striker.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Tevez is a good player. A good player and nothing more.

That sounds harsh but I think its true. He works his butt offevery game, but he just isn't a £30M player.

16M max IMO.

We could get better players who would suit our style more for that price.

I love Tevez as much as they next guy, and if we were offered him for 16M I'd say 'take it' as he clearly loves the club and scored a rediclous amount of big goals.

Choice1:
Buy him for 16M (not including loan fee)

Choice 2:
Let him leave and sign someone else.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I like a lot Tevez and i would love to see him stay, but if fergie doesn't play him, well it's almost sure he'll leave in the summer. He's a great striker and not only that, he's also loyal player to Man Utd. When he was warming up against chelsea , the crowd was roaring Tevez, Tevez TEvez, and he put his hand to heart as a sing of love for the club, and after that he aplauded. After i saw that i said to myself that i would never want him to leave:(..but it's not up to me.

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Tevez is a great player that deserves to play in the first team at any team. So if he doesn't play regular football in United he should seek his luck elsewhere because he will care more about his individual career rather than his love for united. I'd love tevez to stay but a player of his caliber should play regulary and he isn't doing that here

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
Lets say we let tevez go, and we sign another striker in the class of Villa or Benzema (these are the names which seem to be flying around the most).
What happens to them?..are they left to just sit on the bench and play carling cup games and a few minutes of prem games a season? I dont think many strikers would come to united, cos if tevez isnt gettin ebough playing time, who else is gona?...We have 3 top strikers & we are in 4 compititions still. Now i didnt have the football brain back in 98/99 when we won the treble so i dont know how much Fergie rotated the 'Fabolous Foursome'...so if some-one can enlighten me i would appreciate it. But what i do know is Tevez should be given more playing time, i want to see more of the RooVez partnership :)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Well with Rooney out for 3 weeks, Tevez will certainly get his chance, but he needs
to make the most of it. He looked off the pace tonight against Wigan and seemed
to have picked up a knock in the last 20. Lets hope he can play saturday and do well.
But I have this niggling feeling that its the beginning of the end for Tevez at United.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
I think Teves made his own bed the other week but I also think that Maradona didnt help his case with the most blatent case of touting Ive ever seen in my life!

Teves loves United united but he wants first team football fair enough I would.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The point is a £30 million striker won't sit on the bench and be happy and neither would Berba but someone has to be left out. Tevez has been very patient but if he wasn't unhappy about knocking in 4 goals but still getting not even a sniff then there would be something wrong. Many here are talking about how his form is not the same as last year , but it's very hard to keep form if you arenot in the team (even as a sub in the last 10 minutes) . Would Benzema put up with this?

Chelsea have proved that you need players who are happy on the bench from time to time. But what if Ole had never even got on as sub? Would he have been happy? You can't have three £30 million strikers and keep them all happy. Players of that quality will leave . Look at how wayne bridge finally went - he's too good to spend his career watching ashley cole. The ideal squad man is someone who is good enough to step in , but not so good that he demands first team football. If benzema comes will berba sit on the bench instead. Then berba gets itchy feet and we are back to square one.

Anyway , now rooney's injured we will see......

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sean2689 said:
Lets say we let tevez go, and we sign another striker in the class of Villa or Benzema (these are the names which seem to be flying around the most).
What happens to them?..are they left to just sit on the bench and play carling cup games and a few minutes of prem games a season? I dont think many strikers would come to united, cos if tevez isnt gettin ebough playing time, who else is gona?...We have 3 top strikers & we are in 4 compititions still. Now i didnt have the football brain back in 98/99 when we won the treble so i dont know how much Fergie rotated the 'Fabolous Foursome'...so if some-one can enlighten me i would appreciate it. But what i do know is Tevez should be given more playing time, i want to see more of the RooVez partnership :)
Exactly. Would the fab four have broken up and left if any one of them have received the tevz treatment. I think teddy would have gone. If fergie can keep 4 happy , why not 3?

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
martinutd said:
Tevez is a great player that deserves to play in the first team at any team. So if he doesn't play regular football in United he should seek his luck elsewhere because he will care more about his individual career rather than his love for united. I'd love tevez to stay but a player of his caliber should play regulary and he isn't doing that here
Ok, and if he does that he is throwing " loyalty " away. Respect for your club takes more than that. Tevez is loved by the fans, and that is something he is aware of. Don't you think we deserve better ?

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
He is always gonna be third choice, it's up to the club if they wanna splash 30mil on a squad player, mind you.... a top class sqaud player!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rooney Corner - Smart Alex

Greetings from NE Scotland - Members here may wish to visit the Peterhead FC forum wher there isan ongoing debate regarding the disallowed (legimate goal) against Chelsea

1 - 20 of 81 Posts