Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tevez's two-year loan at Old Trafford expires at the end of the season and United have yet to agree a permanent deal for the Argentina international.

United's first option on the 25-year-old ran out at the end of January, although Tevez has stated he is keen to stay with the Premier League leaders.

Real Madrid and Inter Milan have been linked with £30million bids for the forward, and his advisor Joorabchian confirmed the player's third-party owners are weighing up interest from other clubs.

"Carlos is in the market now that United have not made any move for him," said Joorabchian in the Daily Star.

"We are now studying other options and interested parties.

"There is no option left with United any longer."

teamtalk.com

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :( :( :(

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I would like him to stay - but if wazza and berba are relatively healthy at the end of the season, tev will be gone in the summer.

Z

·
0 Posts
This just means that we don't have first option anymore, it doesn't mean we can't still buy him. I hope we don't anyway, he's not good enough.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
-zuco- said:
This just means that we don't have first option anymore, it doesn't mean we can't still buy him. I hope we don't anyway, he's not good enough.
I agree.

He's still only 23, but I don't see how he can improve his game much further.

He has been adding very little to United's games recently and his vital late goals from last season are starting to fade.

I woldn't mind if Fergie doesn't make this transfer permanent.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I would've liked him to stay at the club for some time. He is fabulous with his determination and attitude and he genuinely likes the club. He has been a crucial player for us but he hasn't been a world class player by any means with his poor finishing.

It will be okay to bring in someone else I'll still love to see him next season instead of a new face.

·
23,699 Posts
Just a day or two ago, we read that any discussion of Tevez's future with United would only be conducted in June, well after the end of the season...

I read that the owners are now anxious to seal a deal for their 'prized asset' after United displayed a slight nonchalence about it by continuously not showing any urgency to complete the arrangement despite reported interests from abroad. Touting around now would hopefully turn the screws on United and also to advertise their intent to sell, hopefully to facilitate a bidding war for the highest price possible to other rumoured suitors.

My honest opinion is United is not too keen on Tevez at his price tag based on the circumstancial evidences. The least I would expect would be a simple private assurance to Tevez himself instead of allowing him to voice out his insecurities publicly on so many occasions. That would surely have ended all forms of speculations and anxieties of all concerned.

And since/if the figures are actually and truely agreed upon, and cannot be rescinded or amended, I seriously doubt United would complete the deal.

·
Banned
21 Posts
noooooooo
When Tevez came up to the East Stand and kissed the badge that told me that he has a love for United.
and that is something you cant buy. i think hes just under a bit of pressure at the min
buy him and next season he will be quality.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd be disappointed if he goes. We love him in the Stretford end and I always stay until the players walk into the tunnel to give him a bit of ARGENTINA ARGENTINA!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
paul134v said:
I'd be disappointed if he goes. We love him in the Stretford end and I always stay until the players walk into the tunnel to give him a bit of ARGENTINA ARGENTINA!!!!!!
I know what you're saying Paul.

I was at the Fulhm game ad was shouting Argentina too, but he just doesn't have as many tricks in the bag as Rooney and Berbatov.

He gives 100%, but how much of that efoorst is actually effective?

If the price tags we read about are true, then Tevez is heavily over-priced.

p.s. only your second post since August 2007? :confused:

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
RedForceRising said:

I was at the Fulhm game ad was shouting Argentina too, but he just doesn't have as many tricks in the bag as Rooney and Berbatov.

ya your right for heart and effort alone that's not enough for 30 million if that was the case park would be worth 100 million

no dissrepcet to Tevez but IMO hes a poor mans Rooney he does what Rooney does but is not as good as Rooney or effective! im a big fan bt for 30 million we are beign ripped off tbh if he was going to be our 1st choice striker or even 2nd choice ya then maybe but hes not hes going to be our 3rd and why would you pend that much money on a 3rd choice striker?

i think were just better off spending the 30 million on a world class winger or else maybe 20 million on a top class winger and maybe 10 million on a out and out goalscorer who would be willing to wait his turn

·
Registered
7 Posts
RedForceRising said:

Fair one. The price tag is excessive. It'd just be a shame as he seems to have United running through his veins. His work rate and effort are fantastic which is why he is a fans fave. I think he's of United quality too and could still improve.
As for my posting record, I think initially in Aug 07 I was just after a bit of info on season tickets (got one now) and i've only just remembered about the forum. I'll be more active now i've rediscovered it :)

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
paul134v said:
Fair one. The price tag is excessive. It'd just be a shame as he seems to have United running through his veins. His work rate and effort are fantastic which is why he is a fans fave. I think he's of United quality too and could still improve.
As for my posting record, I think initially in Aug 07 I was just after a bit of info on season tickets (got one now) and i've only just remembered about the forum. I'll be more active now i've rediscovered it :)
welcome.....back:confused: :p

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
oh - now all of the sudden tevez's poor man's rooney ?

who was our second top scorer last season again?rooney ? oh no wait - it was tevez

i'd like to see a player who on his peak gets thrown on the bench while being the most consistant perfomer(in the beginning of the season), with his future still raising questions and no signs being shown that the club wants to permanetnly sign him, perform like the season before

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I to unfortunately think that tevez will be gone in the summer, SAF will not be held to ransom for the money there talking about, its a shame but a good business decision in a way because he isn't worth 32m or whatever MSI are quoting us. :(

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
CROoney said:
oh - now all of the sudden tevez's poor man's rooney ?

who was our second top scorer last season again?rooney ? oh no wait - it was tevez

i'd like to see a player who on his peak gets thrown on the bench while being the most consistant perfomer(in the beginning of the season), with his future still raising questions and no signs being shown that the club wants to permanetnly sign him, perform like the season before
That's a fair point, but that doesn't make him worth the money for me.

Also, can you please make your sig smaller please? Thanks!

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Skysports.com has learnt that reports linking Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez with a move away from Old Trafford are some way wide of the mark.

A national newspaper quoted Tevez's advisor Kia Joorabchian as saying the player is effectively 'in the market' and that United no longer have an 'option' to secure the Argentine's services in the summer.

However, Joorabchian insists that Tevez is still very much committed to remaining in Manchester and that talks are ongoing between all parties.

United are thought to have an agreement in place to pay around £30million to an investment group that handles Tevez's affairs, but as yet they have failed to rubber-stamp this arrangement.

Speculation has intimated that the likes of Real Madrid and Inter Milan are continuing to monitor the situation but Joorabchian remains hopeful an agreement can be reached whereby Tevez stays at United long-term.

"Carlos Tevez remains very much a Manchester United player," Joorabchian told skysports.com.

"His position is unchanged. We are looking forward to talking to Manchester United in the coming months and hope to secure Carlos' future."

Meanwhile Tevez's former club Corinthians have moved to distance themselves from a possible approach for the player.

Corinthians boss Mario Gobbi told Jovem Pam Tevez that Tevez will definitely not return to the club.

"Tevez identified with the club and is an idol for the fans," he said.

"But it is only that, there is nothing else. We were surprised with the reports.

"Of course we would love to have him, but there is nothing in it at all."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4951948,00.html

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'd like him to stay, but not at the figures agreed.

I think United are playing on the fact that the player has fallen in love with the club, the success he's getting and the high profile nature of United. I assume the wages aren't too bad either!

This looks to me like brinkmanship, United know he wants to stay, so feel they have the upper hand, and will negotiate the figures down in the summer. It's a bit off, since in theory his deal is agreed, but times are hard financially and if the club can chip a few million off his price then I'm all for it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts