Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course I am a fan of Tevez, he is a super player and always gives 100%. However the permanent transfer has not completed and it is not a certainty that it will happen. Arshavin is a similar player to Tevez in that they both drop deep and like to play behind the main striker, but Arshavin is more versatile than Tevez with his ability to play as a winger and I think he is quicker and a bit more creative than Tevez.

Tevez is younger but Arshavin is only 27 and seems to be a late developer so I don't think his age is a problem. People say he has not proved himself in a major league which is true, but you just have to watch his performances for Zenit and Russia to see that he has huge talent and ability. Considering that we would reportedly have to pay up over 20 million to make the Tevez transfer permanent, surely it is an option to sign Arshavin instead.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I cant think of anyone who i would rather have than Tevez. No chance is Arshavin worth more to us than Tevez. I would be devastated if we didnt finalise the deal. But I'm pretty confident we will :)

Ill elaborate, Arshavin is a good playmaker and striker when things are going his way, otherwise he goes missing. Tevez is a good striker and playmaker and when are not going his way he uses every breath he has to take matters into his own hands. He's like Rooney, never gives up on that lost ball. And he usually gets that equalising goal when we need it the most.

Thats my opinion anyway.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
We are blessed to have two players of Rooney and Tevez quailty, no other team has a player in their squad like that but we have two so i wouldn't swap Tevez for anyone.
There is lots of players like Arshavin around, we don't need to change anything up front IMO. We really don't even need to talk about any transfers at the moment!

Tevez the Lion:D im with him all the way

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Arshavin is the most overrated player in the world at the moment. Tevez is a harder worker, more skilled and a better finisher.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I can't believe people are looking at replacements for Tevez.

I for one am only going to look for replacements for Tevez if he signs for someone else. And I can't see the problem in paying and any one of the fees being branded about. Tevez has been fantastic for us, a vitally important part of our success, and considering we paid £30.75m for Berbatov, I would happily pay something similar, even more for Tevez.

We shouldn't look to sign anyone else, no matter what position until Tevez is signed up. He is the most important, and we could regret it if we lose him imho.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Well as much as I love Tevez I'm going to go against the general consensus here. Yes I would keep Tevez at all costs.

However if for whatever reason we didn't I think Arshavin is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Even if Arsene Wenger & a host of others disagree I think he's truly brilliant & I'd love to have him.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
arshavin is really good. did you guys saw how he tormented the real madrid defence in the champs league? even though zenit lost, every attack zenit made was initiated by arshavin.

but however, tevez is more of what we need. we gave lots of creative players already. scholes, berbatov, rooney, giggs, anderson and to certain extend, fletcher and carrick.

what we need is a striker who can pop in the vital goal for us, and no one does it better than tevez as proven last season. tevez too, has a creative side, though not as good as rooney in this department. but 30mil would be really worth, considering he's only 23.

however, if we do fail to sign tevez on permanent, then one replacement i would suggest would be his fellow compatriot, sergio kun aguero.
he's only 19 and what, he's already on the verge of being world class. he would be a great replacement for tevez

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
in a number of games this season tevez has been the only player that turned up. mainly in aug and early sept. when we played zenit in the super cup tevez was the only player that turned up in monaco. tevez = god....gives 110% every time he puts on the shirt and you cant put a price on things like that

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Good thinking rama

Arshavin is a great player hes very fast goot at dribbling and a creative footballer
but there is one thing he don't have and its a Heart

Tevez ain't creative as Arshavin but Tevez looks more lively as he moves more all the 90 minute, plays his heart out, bleeds with passion, never afraid of going into any challenge hes a gem that we have found and am glad we got him as i never would like to replace him and perming him is one of dreams

as its rare to find such a passionate footballer as they are rare ones

·
Registered
286 Posts
Arshavin would never have the heart of Teves. In my opinion there is no question and if United did pick Arshavin over Teves, I wouldnt be best pleased.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
well...

Shava and Catlito are different players. I cant say who better,but I can say Shava is more for Zenit than Carlito for United.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Definitely the former. Tevez is a clinical finisher with deadly instincts in the penalty-box area, loves running against defenders, possessed the ability to beat a man, lead the line or even pick out fellow strikers from deep. I couldn't even thank him enough for his precocious part in United's success both domestically & in europe. Not only that, he has also formed a tremendous understanding with Rooney, so why should we even think bout swopping him with Arshavin? True, Arshavin may be talented but what makes Tevez the man is his sheer determination to win the ball back from the opponents' handsand a never-say-die attitude.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts