Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last season , Tevez had arrived to old trafford with manchester united. He didn't start the season well. But , quickly , he begun to do well.

This season too , Berbatov arrived too to man utd. Sir Alex ferguson had extremely liked this player. He think that he is better than carlos tevez , and he think that he had never seen such good passes like this from this player since the great united player eric cantona.

But , i think that most of the readers of this thread , may be are on my side that tevez may deserved to be always in the starting line-up more than the good bulgarian dimitar berbatov.

Berbatov had scored a good number of goals this season , and had saved man utd many time ( bolton . tottenham , middlesbrough ) but tevez saved man utd in many time.

berbatov was very bad in the giussipi miatza vs inter , but he is still the 2nd choice after wayne rooney.

so what do you think Tevez or berbatov ?

Z

·
0 Posts
Great first post :thumbsup:

It'll be an ongoing debate because each player has his own set of fans on here.

I tend to lean towards the Berbatov camp. That's a lie actually, I've got both feet and my own sleeping bad in the Berbatov camp. For all of Tevez' hard work and commitment, I don't feel like he adds any real quality to our attacking play.

Berbatov might be considered lazy(though in a couple of matches he's covered more turf than Rooney), but he'll always carry a goal threat. Whether he's involved in the general play or not, we know he can produce that moment of magic whether it be an inch perfect pass to another forward, or a clinical finish into the net Tevez unfortunately doesn't carry that same threat so for me it's an easy choice between the two.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Berbatov v. Tevez:

Finishing: Berbatov by a million miles.

Pace&Work rate: Tevez neither are quick though, obviously Tevez works epically harder, but that means nothing, or else Park and Heskey would slug it out for the ballon d'or every year.

Touch: Berbatov he's in a league of his own in this respect.

Passing: Berbatov Tevez, doesn't pass to open teammates of late, probably because he feels the need to score to prove his work.

Berbatov 3-1 Tevez

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Berba no doubt. He just gives us that extra bit of quality which Tevez doesnt bring. Tevez is a hardworker but so is Rooney so IMO we need a Berba to play with one of them so it has to be Berba and Rooney

S

·
0 Posts
its clear tevez was instrumental in winning the CL and premiership last season, without him it might not have been possible whereas berbatov hasnt really had the same impact, we could easily win games without him. Infact i give this season to our defence.

Personally i believe fergie has played tevez in the less important games in order to be able to negotiate a cheaper transfer at the end of the season. Its shame but tevez is looking ordinary at the momment but i have no doubt that him and rooney on a regular basis would produce some of the fine form we saw last year.

Z

·
0 Posts
its clear tevez was instrumental in winning the CL and premiership last season, without him it might not have been possible whereas berbatov hasnt really had the same impact, we could easily win games without him. Infact i give this season to our defence.

Personally i believe fergie has played tevez in the less important games in order to be able to negotiate a cheaper transfer at the end of the season. Its shame but tevez is looking ordinary at the momment but i have no doubt that him and rooney on a regular basis would produce some of the fine form we saw last year.
True. but we've been without Rooney for over a month and we won every single game during that period. That doesn't mean we don't need him, it just shows how strong our squad is.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Berba, Rooney and Tevez were good together last year but Rooney and Berbatov look like they could be the best since Yorke and Cole. Berbatov brings another dimension to our attack, his toch is second to none and I think he could be the difference betwen us winning the Champions league and losing it.

S

·
0 Posts
i still think 3 of them together has not been given a fair chance

RONALDO-----CARRICK----SCHOLES----ROONEY

--------------TEVEZ-----BERBATOV------------

with tevez and rooney switching or ronaldo and tevez switching

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
whats up with everyone slating berbas work rate? its not even that bad there's sometimes where hes covered as much ground as rooney if not more the game agasint west ham away springs to mind! and tbh i don't see what the big deal is if he worked as hard as tevez or rooney then we would have no one left up top and we wouldn't have a threat!

tbh id have berba over tevez 10 times outta 10 he has alot more about him the only thing tevez is better at is losing the ball then running 30 yards to get it back :rolleyes: (thats been the case this season anyway)

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
tevez had a stinker in cup final .
berba goes missing sometimes

what a bizzare season this is

we could be on the verge of the greatest season ever yet i have been flying in but a small handfull of games .

i crave a show of style and force - yet when i get one i look for who failed to shine . spoiled rotten we are and lets not forget it .

Oh who shall i pick berbatov or tevez ------what a lovely predicament to be in

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tevez had a great season last year - much better than Berba's current season. However, he has hit a sophomore slump Berba also adds an aerial dimension to the attack

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
i'm gonna just say this - let the season passes by and then we'll compare...

so far he hasn't shown up in any big game against any of the stronger sides...arsenal,liverpool,chelsea (away...at home he was awful in the first half then after we'd scored he kept possesion very well and scored a goal when it was all over ),inter etc...

and it's not only that, but his performances are either horrific or very good - there hasn't been any performance like tevez' last season in which you can say - wow what a display IMO..he's hardly been MOTM so far and we're in the final 3rd of the season and has done very little to justify the price tag

so far - tevez for me ...now if berba can go on and win us an inter match or at least produce a few MOTM performances i'll start belieiving that we were spot on for buying him - so far we've been ripped off...

zuco - tevez brings nothing to our attack ?

how about pace , unpredictability, a perfect interplay between him and rooney (something berbatov and rooney are yet to show), pressing the back four in order to give us possesion, counter attacks - we have hardly scored any counter attack with berbatov - rooney combo...how many times have we seen tevez pressing the fullback only for him to kick it out of play or giving us possesion, thus reducing the number of oppositions attacks...

in fact only what berbatov brings that tevez doesn't is his ability to pick up great passes - but it's hardly any different from what ronaldo, carrick or even rooney can do -

tevez and rooney were one of the main reasons why our midfield was so great last season - with them pressing the defenders we had the ability to take away possesion and quickly converting to attack - something we lack with berbatov imo...

also when tevez and rooney were in the team - you could always see a dmf near them around centre circle in order to prevent them surging forward to unstoppable counter attacks

and yes we're on the verge of something great this season but it hardly has any relation with berbatov's majestic displays- and although we're on quite a streak , our performances have been nowhere near last season's...

how many times have we seen pundits saying - "united haven't hit the top gear yet" this season

how many times have we won 1-0 this season ?

so I preffer last season's combination to this one

and to all those saying that berbatov brings the best out of rooney and that tevez ins't capable of forming a partnership with any of them I simply ask this - how many times have we seen rooney combineing with berbatov or vice-versa ? none

and tevez and berbatov have at least shared 2 goals as a product of a direct interplay between them...

tevez has also worked well with wellbecl,giggs,ronaldo or anyone that he's played with..

so saying that berbatov brings the best out of rooney or vice versa is a myth...rooney is known for going on a 7-8 goal streaks then he usually goes 8-9 matches without scoring a single goals with or wiothout berbatov in the team

saying that berbatov is the new cantona is a myth- someone once said it and now everyone believes it - i think cantona would have stood up and made the difference against liverpool,chelsea,arsenal,inter etc

someone said berba adds areal dimension to our attack - how many headers has he put away this season - as far as i remember 1 against bolton...and tevez scored against chelsea , blackburn , roma,newcastle and maybe a few more i dunno - but even if berba scored 6 headers and tevez 4 it is not enough to say that berba brings areal threat and tevez doesn't - so another myth

as i said - so far tevez - rooney combo wins it for me

you can see why here

cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WP2eW8yJJU

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
At the moment it has to be Rooney along Berbatov upfront, they are forming a better partnership and producing more goals, but as this season proved, both Berba and Tevez can produce high quality performances it depends on their form really. Berbatov is being better lately altho he can go invisible at times (part of his game i guess).

Anyways, i`m comfortable with both Tevez and Berbatov upfront, but we should concentrate more on their goal scoring ratio rather than comparing each other on their workrate and contribution in other areas of the pitch. Main job of the attack is to score goals, let`s see that at the moment.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
CROoney , if Sir Alex share yours opinions about the football , must probably now Man Untd will be not in situation with real opportuninities to win in all competitions .

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
CROoney , if Sir Alex share yours opinions about the football , must probably now Man Untd will be not in situation with real opportuninities to win in all competitions .
yeah - that's why we weren't last season

this season it all comes down to berbatov and his majestic contribution

are you saying that berbatov is the reason for us doing great in all competitions ? ffs he didn't even play in the last one we won

just look at what we won with rooney and tevez (epl,CL,carling cup and world club championship ) - berbatov didn't play in any of those

let us just wait and see what we'll win with this combo...

it's equal to me saying that luka modric was the motm in the carling cup final

i respect your opinion on him but i have my own...and if you don't have anything to back up your statements then just don't say it ok mate ?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
yeah - that's why we weren't last season

this season it all comes down to berbatov and his majestic contribution

are you saying that berbatov is the reason for us doing great in all competitions ? ffs he didn't even play in the last one we won

it's equal to me saying that luka modric was the motm in the carling cup final

i respect your opinion on him but i have my own...
Berbatov is one of the reasons.
Other reasons are prefect switching the youths in defence : Evans and Rafael.

Berbatov ,,plug" the holes in the midfield and released from past season duties Rooney . Berbatov gave more creativity in offensive plan.
Not forget the age of the Gigs and Scholes, Hargreaves injury , Nani performance...
To respect the Tevez should be not reason to ignore Berbatovs role in present season.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Re: Luca Modric
Luca is very tallanted player,but still is very very far by the results achieved by Spurs when Berbatov and Malbranque were there. He must cteates for partners as Pavlyu4enko and Bent . Other story should be if Berbatov and Keane were there.
I continiue to think that last season Spurs attack was one of the best .
The goals scored by spurs in EPL were very close to the Man Utd score with Ronaldo,Tevez, Gigs, Rooney , Nani,Scholes .

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
the berb. rooney and tevez similar players, dimititar the scimitar offers us something different. his passing ability is amazing for a forward, if he stays in and around the box a bit more, his goal tally will shoot up. id like tevez to stay, he has the ability to score as shown last season and parts of current one. hes a good honest pro who always puts in a good shift.

personally, we aint seen the best of the berb

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Re: Luca Modric
Luca is very tallanted player,but still is very very far by the results achieved by Spurs when Berbatov and Malbranque were there. He must cteates for partners as Pavlyu4enko and Bent . Other story should be if Berbatov and Keane were there.
I continiue to think that last season Spurs attack was one of the best .
The goals scored by spurs in EPL were very close to the Man Utd score with Ronaldo,Tevez, Gigs, Rooney , Nani,Scholes .
that's very true -but how can you say that we've never won anything with tevez or something like that

i would only like to people start seeing the facts i stated - nothing more

the fact is that we won more with tevez than with berbatov...as i said - we won EPL,CL,CC and world club championship with tevez in (or should i say without berbatov)the team - he must be doing something right

and you say berbatov is one of the reasons -of course he is - every single player is one of the reasons we're doing so good - even tevez and oshea - cos they're all part of the magnificient team

but everyone keeps neglecting tevez' contribution...

i just want to even the things out cos people seem to be to overhyped about a player who hasn't been half as good as he can/should be and they seem to be too critical about a player who was a part of the most feared attack in europe

and to say that he offers us nothing in attack is so wrong and disrespectfull

keane/ berbatov or tevez/rooney last season - i know who'd i go for

1 - 20 of 54 Posts