Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Video : http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=2257088

The Ref got that wrong imo..... RED CARD ? no ! Not sure if he meant it or not though, if it was just a challenge to win the ball then it was definitely only a yellow. But it looked like he went in with a bit of intent because he was getting a bit frustrated. Tevez was unlucky.Not very malicious and he hardly left his feet.

His place is definitely under threat from Aguero, who's been finding the back of the net quite frequently for Argentina.

Hope he maintains his place cos he clearly loves his country, but I guess it leaves him fresher for the Liverpool game.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Your totally correct mate, that should not of been a straight red card...he was already on a yellow on the 17th minute and perhaps that should of been his 2nd bookable offense but the ref gave a straight red and I cannot comprehend why.. =S

Oh and special note to the Paraguay player I think named Veron for his acting to get Tevez sent off. Fool.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Its international football so refs there don't surprise ne tbh.

He is under pressure alright, but he's tenacious makeup and hunger keeps him in IMO.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
dont even think its a yellow. he was running. he didnt slid in. and the defender slid in fast to take the ball away while he was running in the direction. obviously they would collide.

i say, the play acting got him off.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Hope he gets a 3 game international ban so he can stay in Europe when Argentina qualify. It'll make him sharper and not jet-lagged. *thumbs up*

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Excellent news.

He'll be rested for Saturday (Mascherano won't), plus he will have a rest next International break.

Win, win.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Internationals: Tevez off

Carlos Tevez and ex-United defender Gabriel Heinze both had a night to forget as Argentina's World Cup qualifying campaign stuttered on home soil.

Reds striker Tevez was sent off after just half an hour, for a second bookable offence, after Heinze had gifted Paraguay the lead with an own goal in the 12th minute. And although Argentina eventually equalised through sub Sergio Aguero, set up by Barcelona's Lionel Messi, coach Alfio Basile was bemused.

Basile moaned: "We had the worst luck and the sending off of Tevez knocked us back. It was a strange match but I was not happy with the (1-1) draw because I believe we deserved to win."

The result in Buenos Aires saw Paraguay retain top spot in the South American qualifying group, two points clear of Argentina after seven matches.

(manutd.com)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
On the united website it says it was a second bookable offence, either way he didnt deserve to be sent off, complete nonsense.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
I don't know why Tevez being sent off is a reason for people to be sad.

It's only GOOD news for United. Who cares about Argentina?

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
marty davidson said:
Tevez cares about Argentina
But that does not affect us.

It will be better for us as United fans for Tevez to miss Agrie games through suspension so he's fit, and not knackered after flying for hours, for the games after the international break.

Agrentina does not matter to us. If Tevez misses games for them, then good for united.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts