Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carlos Tevez is being tipped to help an injury-hit United through a crucial stage of the season.

The popular Argentinian scored during United's 4-2 Carling Cup semi-final win over Derby County in midweek and looks set for another run-out against Tottenham Hotspur in the FA Cup on Saturday. Hot on the heels of those ties are Premier League matches against West Bromwich Albion on Tuesday, and Everton the following Monday.

"It's a real blow to have lost Wayne Rooney through injury," says ex-Red Paddy Crerand. "But his absence at least provides Carlos Tevez with a chance to get a run in the side.

"We all know Carlos has been disappointed not to have been involved more this season, but the fans fully appreciate what he gives to the team. He's a real favourite among the supporters and a top player, too."

Contrary to popular opinion, though, Tevez has played in 30 of the Reds' 37 matches this term. But without a permanent deal in place, the press are still linking him with a move away from Old Trafford. The fans, however, are adamant that they want him to stay, singing: 'Fergie, sign him up', during the win over Derby.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={F9E570E6-407E-44BC-800F-4A3110258114}&newsid=6625613

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
He's been given a few chances and so far seems to be producing so form of goods,wether it be assists or goals.Hopefully it will spur him on for his final months at OT

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
I would love him to stay for one. But the price his agent is looking for is insane. Tevez has no resale value and will be returning home after his next contract runs out. 30million+ is alot of money for 4/5 years, without even including his wages.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
I dont believe United will pay 30 million for him and I also dont believe his owners will let him go for any less.

How he has got himself involved in such a deal is beyond me what has the man done for him really its Teves talent that has got him this far.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
i knwo the price has been agreed in principle, but does anyone think that could be a reason for stalling....we are at different point we were 18 months ago and the position of everyone involved has changed. if we dont cough up 30 mill, i dont see any other teams instantly paying that amount , so we could be playing ablinder especially with the hammers in a finacial slump. turn around and offer a 18 million take it or leave it.... see what happens. we are in a different fiancial time now and the 30 million thats constantly banded around- i dont think thats a feasible amount for any party concerned right now.

back on topic , glad to see carlos is going to be getting a run- its his chance to show us what he can do again on a consistent basis.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
red dave said:
I dont believe United will pay 30 million for him and I also dont believe his owners will let him go for any less.

How he has got himself involved in such a deal is beyond me what has the man done for him really its Teves talent that has got him this far.
Tevez feels like he seems to owe this guy something which is crazy. I'm sure the guy has made millions already from him. It's just pure greed.

If it continues like it is, I can see Tevez going somehwere else and we looking towards Benzema.\o/

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
scottsati said:
i knwo the price has been agreed in principle, but does anyone think that could be a reason for stalling....we are at different point we were 18 months ago and the position of everyone involved has changed. if we dont cough up 30 mill, i dont see any other teams instantly paying that amount , so we could be playing ablinder especially with the hammers in a finacial slump. turn around and offer a 18 million take it or leave it.... see what happens. we are in a different fiancial time now and the 30 million thats constantly banded around- i dont think thats a feasible amount for any party concerned right now.

back on topic , glad to see carlos is going to be getting a run- its his chance to show us what he can do again on a consistent basis.
I could see City doing it. Madrid too.:(

Whatever about Madrid, it would hurt if he left for City.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
red dave said:

we're down the line a while now- things have changed if the guys owners think they can hold him or any club to ransom i think they have another thing coming- especially with all this scrutiny of how transfers are conducted, who owns who, what roles etc thay have......either way they are going to have evey football authority scrutinsing every part of the deal to check if its all kosher after the mess they've created so far

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
scottsati said:
agree there, but i think theyd be be paying well over the odds now
It wouldn't bother them. They will throw money at anything these days. Craig Bellamy and Nigel de Jong are just two examples.:(

Hopefully, Tevez would reject them, show some loyalty to us.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
marty davidson said:
Do United get a say on who he goes to if he does not stay ?
I would doubt it mate. It's similiar to a Bosman ruling. Player can join whoever he likes. that bloody agent will be trying to flog him to the highest bidder though.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
peterswellman said:
Tevez feels like he seems to owe this guy something which is crazy. I'm sure the guy has made millions already from him. It's just pure greed.

If it continues like it is, I can see Tevez going somehwere else and we looking towards Benzema.\o/

In truth though as much as I love Teves I believe Benzema would be a better long term option.

Teves makes claims he wants to go back to Boca in the long term. Whilst Benzema is younger and would be closer to home so wouldnt get so home sick.

He is also an amazing talent and it would bring a different dimension to our striker list.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Agree 100%. Benzema is a top notch striker. He is completley different to what we have aswell. He's strong, quick and a quality finisher, on top of being good in the air. He's a great target man.

The thing is, Rooney and Tevez are all too similiar. If we are going to have a truly successful team we need a dynamic strikeforce.

Rooney-the worker.
Berbatov-creative
Benzema-target man.
Campbell/Wellbeck- small, quick striker.

If we had him we would have alot of options. Plus we coudl always sell him on and see a return on him. It's all about money these days.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would far rather have Tevez look at his work rate it's unreal how much running back and tackling he does for the team. I think he should start more games for us

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
marty davidson said:
I would far rather have Tevez look at his work rate it's unreal how much running back and tackling he does for the team. I think he should start more games for us

But Rooney can do that. Benzema will offer us something different. That's my whole point.

·
Registered
734 Posts
at least now Tevez is starting to come back into a bit of form. Im not as worried as i was about injuries with Tevez actually being able to find the back of the net.

^^^ about Benzema he is quality he would be more usefull to us than Tevez, and with Tevez 30mill plus pricetag we might end up seeing Benzema soon enough.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts