Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may just be me,but ive noticed for ALOT of Tevez's games he seems to need at least 5 chances before he gets his bearings.This reminds of Andy Cole,which eventually turned out to be awesome.He's definatley a partnership striker,again like Cole.But some games you dont get that many chances!Im not slating him at all,i love the guy,im just wondering if anybody has noticed similarites to an early Andy Cole........discuss

·
Registered
376 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
This may just be me,but ive noticed for ALOT of Tevez's games he seems to need at least 5 chances before he gets his bearings.This reminds of Andy Cole,which eventually turned out to be awesome.He's definatley a partnership striker,again like Cole.But some games you dont get that many chances!Im not slating him at all,i love the guy,im just wondering if anybody has noticed similarites to an early Andy Cole........discuss
I think you have a point but then again if you had a choice for a one-on-one through on goal would you really choose Rooney over Tevez? Compared to Rooney at the moment Carlos seems almost clinical. The chance Rooney had against chelsea towards the end should have gone across the keeper or at least on target , but he put it in the side netting. He just seems too pumped up sometimes to be concentrating.

·
23,699 Posts
I think we have more than one 'Andy Cole' atm... :eek:

We need a typical and clinical finisher. Too many suppliers but no one at the forefront to deliver. Some may reason that it is more fluid with lots of interchange play that way. True. But balance?

Think Fergie today criticised and warned Citeh that they can't win honours with 11 Robinhos because they need balance. Er... what about our frontline atm? Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov all don't look like an outright striker to me....

P.S. Why smallest font possible? Because it is 'dangerous' not to be positive enough in this forum. :D

;)

·
Registered
601 Posts
tevez is much better, tevez scores great goals but misses 5 yarders sometimes.

cole just used to miss everything.

lol

Nah, only joking.

I think the differnence between them is that Tevez scores more important goals when we need them

·
Registered
734 Posts
berba will end up doing the job he is a good finisher when he settles he will bang in the goals hes a lot better a finisher than tevez or ronney just give him time. tevez misses from 5 yards and 10mins later could crack 1 on from 30yards, he does my head in sometimes but i wouldnt give the little fella up for anything.or 3 strikers will come good soon.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Rooney is more of Andy Cole than tevez.

Tevez only needed one strike against Liverpool for example and Rooney misses a lot of one on ones.

That's why the Huntelaar camp was screaming for Huntelaar....alas the Berbagod is now with us and all we can do is hope that he comes good!

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Beisdes the thing about taking chances, Tevez and Cole are pretty different in their playing styles. Tevez falls deep soo much in every game whereas andy cole was more of an out and out striker. I also think Carlito is a harder-working striker than Cole

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
i think Tevez i more like Yorke than Cole he moves allot and enjoy dribbling plus he bang many assists

plus we signed Tevez and he was already known as a normal finisher who scores average amount of goals every season but we got Any Cole who was a proven goalscorer and the Golden Boots winner with Newcastle

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
this is the reason utd had to buy a good goalscorer because tevez and rooney are not prolific scorers and never will be ,they will always miss more than they score and neither will ever get has many opportunitys as andy cole because i still have not seen a striker who got into so many great goalscoring positions ,it was a pity he never scored more but still coles record was great .i hope berbatov and manucho can put them in the net more frequently to ease the burdon on ronaldo.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
spot on ...but every good player needs many chances to score...davor suker used to squander good 3 or 4 chances and then he would pop one in in the 90th minute...not to mention ruud, but yeah - i've noticed it too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts