Manchester United Talk banner

Carlos Tevez -

1 - 20 of 389 Posts

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know your thoughts on whether man u should pay 30 mil for him or not after a man of the match performance from the Argentine earlier today.

I personally would buy him as i think he offers so much more than others and not many players in the whole world work harder than him.

But this isn't about me it's about you, would you buy him?

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
I dont think it will be all of 30m though because of the entire ownership problem and cause we've payed some money alredy

Though I'd love to him as a permanent addition to the squad

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
he should be bought No question. United shouldn't let go to such a player if we want to compete not only this season but in the future in all the competition and have a serious chance of wining them. Carlitos is a grea player and United need a player like him.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
He was proven his worth over the past couple of weeks with not only vital goals but also with vital assists, I say buy but I really think we should negotiate a lowered price, frankly 30 mill for a bench player is too much.

·
Registered
104 Posts
We've paid £10 million for the 2 seasons he's been with us, so there's £22 million outstanding. That's too much.

I love the guy, his efforts this afternoon show what a 120% type of player he is, but he's not a £32 million player. :(

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Love him. My TEVEZ 32 red home kit proves it haha. I would pay anything to keep him to be honest lol. If we can shell out 27m for Rooney and 30m for Berba then we can for Tevez too.

Some might not agree with the price but his is equally valuable to us as Rooney or Berba has been and even with Ronaldo's 42 goal heroics last season there is no chance we would of won the European Double without Tevez. How many crucial goals or assists did he give? Winner at Anfield? Last gasp goal vs Spurs and Lyon...and the list goes on. Rooney can't last a season without at least one injury and having a carbon copy of him won't hurt. His a valuable member of our team and we need to keep him at all costs.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Face facts, we all love the guy but he is not worth that much... 20 and I would say yes. I do really really believe from the sounds in the media that Benzema's potential destination though will be OTand there is no way we could afford to miss out on someone of Benzema's class. Players of his class only come around once every few years.

·
Registered
104 Posts
sparkic said:
Love him. My TEVEZ 32 red home kit proves it haha. I would pay anything to keep him to be honest lol. If we can shell out 27m for Rooney and 30m for Berba then we can for Tevez too.

Some might not agree with the price but his is equally valuable to us as Rooney or Berba has been and even with Ronaldo's 42 goal heroics last season there is no chance we would of won the European Double without Tevez. How many crucial goals or assists did he give? Winner at Anfield? Last gasp goal vs Spurs and Lyon...and the list goes on. Rooney can't last a season without at least one injury and having a carbon copy of him won't hurt. His a valuable member of our team and we need to keep him at all costs.
Rooney is twice the player Tevez is.

Only time will tell whether Berbatov was value for money, but having spent £30 million on him I doubt we can afford the little Argie anyway.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
ReddestFront said:

Only time will tell whether Berbatov was value for money, but having spent £30 million on him I doubt we can afford the little Argie anyway.[/quote

Fair enough thats your opinion. Others might think otherwise. I personally don't think there is a great deal of difference in Tevez and Rooney.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
ReddestFront said:

Only time will tell whether Berbatov was value for money, but having spent £30 million on him I doubt we can afford the little Argie anyway.
Fair enough thats your opinion. Others might think otherwise. I personally don't think there is a great deal of difference in Tevez and Rooney.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
32 million is a ridiculous price for Tevez. He's a top player, but that really is too much, plus he's just going to be bench warming most of the time.

I just hope he stays in the PL. But, unfortunately, the only club in England who would pay £32m for Tevez is Man City and none of us want to see that happen.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I have already resigned myself to losing Tevez at the conclusion of this season. First, the fee. £32 million is a bit of a problem. Carlitos works very hard, but sometimes that's not enough. Plus his recent performances haven't been the same calibre that we're used to from last season. So, assuming we have a kitty litter this summer, why would we go and spend a majority of it on a single player? Especially when we're stocking up the club for when Sir Alex leaves. We could easily spend that money on young talent that we might need. Next, say that we do buy Tevez. Where does that leave us? We have Rooney who's the heart of the club, got him for £27m, and we're going to play him. Berbatov for £31m, and then Tevez for £32m? So if we leave one of them out each game, we spent a lot of money for nothing. It doesn't make sense. And if we did buy Tevez's rights from MSI, then what would be the fate of our other strikers? Welbeck, Campbell, Petrucci (whose been on fire in the reserves lately), Manucho, etc. Would one of Berba or Carlos settle for being the 3rd wheel? Before this season, I would not have objected to buying Tevez. But now that we have, we can't go back and undo it. I'd love to be proven wrong, to have Sir Alex make it work somehow, but I don't see it.

1 - 20 of 389 Posts