Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
G

·
Oh great another Tevez thread :p

If we signed him I wouldn't be too unhappy, but I do think the money would be better spent on a more natural centre forward. Great finish tonight though.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I heard Fergie saw TM's Sign Him Up avatar campaign (although only three people have signed up to by the look of things :p) ;)

No, but seriously he got the crucial goal and saved us yet again. I've always wanted him to stay, and I'm feeling a bit more positive after SAF's interview after the game. But I won't be totally happy until it's closed.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
he has been great lately but i still wouldnt pay over 20 mill for him,he needs to produce goals on a more consistent basis to justify anything over 20 although 15mil seems a more realistic price fpr what he offers to the team.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
it's so easy to say we want him now. the finish was class, no two ways about it and certainly he was great when he came on.
but the stat is a goal in every 5 league games. 5 in 25. i know there were lots of sub appearances, or incomplete games but the fact that he has scored or assisted some important goals doesn't detract from the fact that his first touch is rarely good enough and he doesn't score enough.
he's been unhappy with the amount that he plays this year. if we sign him permanently, it won't suddenly make him a regular starter. i'd love him to come, but for under £20m

G

·
SAF made it clear that the problem is Kia Flippin Joorbian not him not tevez. If tevez leaves it will be his agents fault so he shouldnt blame united or fergie.

On a side note......

GEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT IN THERRRRRRRRRRRRRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEVEZ YOU BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kia Joorabchian is on SSN now on the phone.
He says no offer has been made yet but he has talked to Gill.
They said they would like to keep Tevez....
Kia is basically calling Sir Alex a liar.

Contract has been fixed at 32 million or whatever it is.
He isnt worth that much tbf. Kia is saying its that price or nothing.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
FERGIE WANTS TO KEEP TEVEZ
Football365.com - FERGIE WANTS TO KEEP TEVEZ - Premiership News - Football365 News news fixtures live results tables statistics forum mobile features previews reports english premier league UEFA Champions League Intertoto fa Cup premiership united ro

Sir Alex Ferguson insists he wants Carlos Tevez to stay at Old Trafford after the Argentinian scored the first goal in Manchester United's 2-1 win at Wigan tonight.

Tevez equalised with an impudent back-heel after Hugo Rodallega had given the Latics a first-half lead before Michael Carrick scored an 87th-minute winner to leave United only a point away from retaining their Barclays Premier League title.

Tevez's future has been in the spotlight over the past few days, with the former West Ham player quoted in a Sunday newspaper saying he does not expect to stay at the champions.

However, following tonight's victory at the JJB Stadium, Ferguson told Sky Sports 1: "He is a fantastic player.

"He knows I want him to stay. I had a chat with him today and (chief executive) David Gill has had meetings with him.

"I'm sorry I have to keep on going on about this, it has never changed.

"(The fact) we're not negotiating with a football club is the problem - we'll see."

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.