Manchester United Talk banner

Tevez Or Berbatov?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was one on Fletch or Hargo so why not one on these two?

I'm fairly confident thatRooney will be everyone's number one choice to start but who between Berbatov and Tevez do you prefer?

Which would you rather see start?
Is Tevez being wasted not playing?
Is Berba a waste of 30M?
Who's the better all round player?
Should both play and Rooney left out?

Why?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
It has got to be rooney and berbatov for me , its harsh on carlos.
I am hoping fergie can come up with a system to accomodate all three of them with ronaldo some how

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I hope this doesn't turn into a popularity contest.

For me it's Berbatov. His positioning is better and he's a more prolific goalscorer. Rooney can work with anyone upfront though to be honest.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Berba+Rooney is our best attacking line up.
Obviously Tevez will get games cos of rotation, injuries, suspensions etc...
Its what a squad is for. Rememeber 99 when we had Cole, Yorke, Teddy and Ole?
Its a similar situation....

Strange time to set up this poll, right after we drew to Everton.;-)

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jazz 16 said:
Berba+Rooney is our best attacking line up.
Obviously Tevez will get games cos of rotation, injuries, suspensions etc...
Its what a squad is for. Rememeber 99 when we had Cole, Yorke, Teddy and Ole?
Its a similar situation....

Strange time to set up this poll, right after we drew to Everton.;-)

Ah....emotions run high after after games....sure ya know yourself! ;)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
It was Huntellar camp vs Berbatov camp.
Now this thread will become Tevez camp vs Berbatov camp.

Which would you rather see start?
Rotation

Is Tevez being wasted not playing?

No

Is Berba a waste of 30M?
It will be if our midfielders don't find a way to give him good service.
It will also be a waste of his skills not only the money.

Who's the better all round player?
No doubt , Berbatov

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
abojodeh said:
37 goals in between is nothing right ? :rolleyes:
Berbatov + Keane had more that Rooney + Tevez last season. / 46 > 37 /
And for a team in the middle of the EPL table. So, you can see that 37 goals are not enough for a top level team.

And it is very important to mention that Spurs don't have players like C.Raonaldo, Giggs, Scholes.... helping them to score.

Realize that the only reason for winning EPL and CL are those 42 goals from Ronaldo / Not the "superb" Rooney + Tevez partnership /

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
That "telepathic" "Yorke-Cole-esque" goal they scored last year clouded the rest of the season. They are similar players who combine well but aren't very efficient together. Berbatov would be phenomenal with Rooney or, to a lesser extent, Tevez. As for those three playing together, I can only imagine that happening if Ronaldo's injured and even if that were the case I still think we'd play 4-4-2.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
We need all three!

A bit of history first:
It took me awhile to apprecaite Carlos Tevez and to take a liking to him - I didn't feel he seemed right for UNited.

Not that he isn't United quality, he definitely is, but he didn't "feel" right. On top of that he started playing very deep and that's Fergie's fault.

The only thing I'll ever fault Fergie for is his transfer handlings and his favouratism. The reason I am mentioning this is that because of our problems in midfield, all our strikers have had to play out of position at some point or the other.

Back to Tevez.

We need all three, but my preferred partership would be Rooney plus Berba.

Berba cost too much at 30million and that again is back to Fergie's transfer dealings. He admitted in a an interview when Berba was signed that they moved too late and Berba went to Spurs.

In any case, Berba is a great striker, but overpriced at 30million. For 30million we should be buying Karim Benzema who is better than Berbatov in my opinion.

Having said that Berbatov is a great foin for either Rooney or Tevez.
The midifielders can give Berba the ball in the air or on the ground and he can hold it up for them.

The problem against Everton is that Giggsy and Fletcher weren't getting the ball to him.

I've never felt 100% at ease with the Tevez and Rooney partnership, eventhough it created beautiful goals.

Actually Rooney and Tevez have a better understanding and partnership in the sense that they create goals for each other.

Rooney and Berba have yet to do that. They are scorin, but they're not necessarily creating for each other.

However, berbatov and his immense first touch is something that WILL make a difference and all we need is to get our best midfielders back to get the ball to him.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Unated needs all players mentioned here.
Against rough players as Livepool and Everton,all strikers and ofansive midfielders experienced problems.
All present teams playing in PL exept Spurs are stronger than last season.
Chelsea- new coach,new class midfielder as Deco, Liverpool -Riera and Robbie Kean , Arsenal - Nasri is a pure class . We can continiue with Man City , Aston Villa etc.

Instead of Ronaldo's 42 goals other reason for winning cups last season was that
defense was perfect. I am worried by few rough mistakes against Liverpool and Everton.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Rooney for me is the best..Tevez is a great striker, maybe better than Berba but he is too similar to Wazza..So I say Rooney Berba, with Tevez involved in rotation

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Rooney plus Berbatov is an ideal attacking partnership. When Berbatov settles completely they'll be great together. Feel sorry for tevez, and it's very hard that SAF will come up with the formation for all of them to play.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts