Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from skysports

Carlos Tevez has warned his Manchester United team-mates that Lionel Messi could wreck their UEFA Champions League hopes.

Messi returned from injury in Barcelona's draw with Espanyol at the weekend as he came on at half-time.

Messi is now set to start and Tevez is pleased to be facing his international colleague.

"I am happy that Messi will play because this is a very important match," the United striker told Radio Mitre.

"It is like a final played in advance. Everybody knows Messi is very fast and is always crucial in these type of matches. He can define games in just five or ten minutes."

Argentine dispute

Tevez was also quick to deny reports that he had told Argentine coach Alfio Basile that he did not want to play in a World Cup qualifier against Brazil in June.

"I want to talk to Basile. They are saying that I withdrew because I was physically tired but people know what I feel for the national shirt," he said.

"If we beat Barcelona, the Champions League final is on May 23. The Brazil match is on June 18, so I will have more than 20 days to recover. It is a derby and everybody knows how we live for these type of matches."

It's gonna be a draw at the Nou Camp 2-2...................and a 1-0 win at Old Trafford.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts