Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All this talk about Ronaldo leaving and what players were going to bring in to the squad next season has left me thinking about the players we have in the current squad now.

Fergie said only a few weeks ago that he'd be making one solitary signing at most, could this be Tevez? Because if any of you have forgot he was only on loan with us last season, and as far as I know no deal has yet been confirmed. Anyone rekon we should keep him on at united, or let him go, in my opinion I enjoyed watchin him last year and would love to see more in the future.

On a final note, I'd like to say that this is my first of many post and I'm lucking forward to providing my views for all to enjoy;)

Cheers, united_viking:)

Z

·
0 Posts
I'm certain that Fergie wasn't talking about
Tevez because he still has one year left to
run on his loan deal with us.

If/when we do sign him permanently I think
that'll happen next season. Apparently there's
a fee already agreed but no idea how much.

We need another striker as well as Tevez though.

I doubt Manucho will get much game time (plus he's
just broken a metetarsal I beleive?), Saha can't be
relied upon. So that's leaves Rooney and Tevez, two
of the shortest strikers in the league :rolleyes:

Basically we need a target man, an out and out striker
who can score 30+ goals a season.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Cue Benzema!

I'd settle for Villa, Huntelaar, Eto'o, Berbatov or Robinho if Benzema isn't a possibility, but I firmly believe United could push for Benzema.

Welcome to the forum btw.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
-zuco- said:
I'm certain that Fergie wasn't talking about
Tevez because he still has one year left to
run on his loan deal with us.

If/when we do sign him permanently I think
that'll happen next season. Apparently there's
a fee already agreed but no idea how much.

We need another striker as well as Tevez though.

I doubt Manucho will get much game time (plus he's
just broken a metetarsal I beleive?), Saha can't be
relied upon. So that's leaves Rooney and Tevez, two
of the shortest strikers in the league :rolleyes:

Basically we need a target man, an out and out striker
who can score 30+ goals a season.
Agree with you mate here..

Manucho will not be able to play in the Opening season as Ronaldo will miss it too.
Saha may Leave..
If Fergie decides to keep Tevez then he will offer a Permamently deal Next Summer.
I Reckon This is Rooney's year ..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers MU19, and you're right zuco about the height thing, linking us with huntelaar doesn't seem such a bad thing, the boy has potential no doubt and he's tall, taller than rooney and tevez put it that way just depends on were we'd use him considering the fact that we only normally play with one striker up front.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Tevez was brilliant all season and he made himself a crowd favourite.
Watching the season review dvd, its astonishing how many important
goals Tevez scored. Whether we sign him up now or next summer, it makes
no difference. He is a United player and will continue to be one.

Its obvious we need another striker to help the lads out and thats who
Fergie is talking about I think. Id have to agree with Zuco and the lads above
about getting a target man who will get 30+ goals a season.
Im happy with Saha sticking around and Manucho could take a while to settle.

Im just excited about who it will be. Id be very happy with Berba, Hunt or Eto'o.

Welcome to the forum by the way Viking. Hope you stick around.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
tevez is the man, he creates great havoc on field, adversaries know that they have a split second to make decision. He will stay ,epl title, champion l in first year with club, he'll want more for a few more years with us. We must sign a berb or santa cruz type up front , that in my eyes will seal up the title and watch chelski
blow another trillion.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
this year he'll go for KLAAS... next year or maybe on the winter break, he'll bring on the new maradona on the permanent deal.. 4 sure!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
tevez wil be a permanent player very shortly , fergie and gill mentioned that on t.v , also tevez was not the player fergie was refering to of that i am certain

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
stretty said:
tevez wil be a permanent player very shortly , fergie and gill mentioned that on t.v , also tevez was not the player fergie was refering to of that i am certain

Agree...!!!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I actually said the other day that we should sign Tevez up permanently this summer, to avoid the risk of losing him, but I got abuse for that :rolleyes:

He was a vitally important player for us last season and I admire him so much. Hes committed, wears his heart on his sleeve and he loves being at Utd, and we owe him a lot.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Tevez will probably sign for United sooner rather than later, as his value will only go up. Not financially sensible to wait another year on United's part.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I think if we didn't sign Tevez on a permenant deal after his loan expires, it will be a disaster. His debut season for us was tremendous and he formed a deadly partnership with Rooney.

He scored a lot of crucial goals for us, as well as putting in some tireless displays. I think we do need another striker becuase most of last season we were playing with just two fit strikers. But keeping Tevez is a must.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Argentina! Argentina!

SAF is smart. He'll snatch Tevez when we're ready. And yes, the agreement was (according to an article on soccernet.com)... "Tevez's debut will mark the start of a two-year loan period, which gives United the option to complete a permanent transfer at the end."

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
reddwarf said:
I wish I knew who he was talking about though!!!
Yeah, it would be great to know.

But then again, it'll be more exciting if we just sign the player, whoever it is, out of the blue.

And also, if everyone knew who it was, Chelsea would sign him :p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts