Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
PeeJay said:
Ok, then get a couple mates together and buy him.

You're not spending the money and we've already spent
£50mil. over the last six months buying real world class
and potential world class players, Tevez is neither and if
he is indeed asking for more than he's offered I would tell
him to leave. It's not like Berbatov who was basically wrestled
off Tottenham, Tevez's tranfer fee goes into Kia Joorabchian's
pockets.
I personally think he's close to world-class.

Also am prettur sure that if it weren't for his agent, the Tevez deal would have been sorted a while ago.

The club has over 500million pounds of debt and the last thing we need is a 32mil / 125k a week substitute to warm the bench.

Even the figures are exaggerated and his actual fee, as well as salary are lower, it's still a **** load of money for a sub!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
this is a load of balls, the chap really wants to stay, we want him, fergie wants him... its crazy...

dunno if that sun interview on f365 is real or not but it would be difficult for any club to pay 32million for a player to sign a 5 year contract and then want to go home to Boca... you'll never get a transfer fee out of him and unlike Rooney you wont have him till his legs fall off...

I really hope Tevez stays, I really love the guy and will miss him horribly if he leaves...

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Oh and that's another thing.
£32mil. plus £6.5 per season for four years,
AND THEN LOSE HIM ON A FREE TRANSFER.

Are you still sure this is such a good investment?

Or are you just too attached to him?

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi peejay, I understand exactly what your saying.. Its not that i am too attached to him per say, I just feel that Manchester United as a team and squad is a better team with tevez in it! We seen the damage he does to other teams, namely stoke on boxing day, or even against ourselves in his west ham days. I'd be happy to continue this discussion with you if u want to drop me an email on [email protected], looking forward to derby match tomorrow nite and am going to the game then to manchester for the game against the chelsea *******s.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Hmmm..... quite opposing posts.

To start off, 4 of the goals Tevez has scored this season came in a league cup match.

Next, what has manucho being on the bench got to do with anything? He's a backup player and as such is expected to warm the bench and 'try' to make an impact once in a while - for a paltry salary.

125,000 per week is a very, very HUGE salary to warm the bench.

In fact, it is a salary befitting of a super star.

I don't think Tevez is a super star and I don't think he's the solution to our problems.

Sweet FA - I agree with most of your post, but I don't think number of goals is the only criteria for judging players.

Have a look at Drogba's stats and you would be surprised by the number of goals he's scored since he's joined Chelsea.

However, he brings a whole lot to Chelsea other than just goals.

Also don't be to quick to discredit the late goals that Tevez scored for us last season. That would not be fair on Tevez and his contribution.

However, I hve a strong suspicion that if we had a more clinical striker in our ranks, we wouldn't be needing those late goals.

However, the lack of goals at the moment is NOT just down to the strikers, it's not clicking amongst all the attacking players at the moment.

Back on topic, with a really bad-looking economic crisis about to get worse, I really don't think 30mil and 125k a week for a super sub is the right thing for the club.

redforcerising your dead right the number of goals is not the only criteria a striker should be judged by ! cantona and hughes are my favourite partnership and they only scored about 20 goals per season if that ,but they brought the whole team into play and the goals got spread around.
although i do think tevez is a good player he ain't in the same league has cantona or hughes and utds midfield and defence don't score enough these days to bail our strikers out . with tevez only being on loan and the strikers obviously misfiring it does not make sense to buy him even if he really wants to stay:confused: .this utd team does create a lot of chances it just needs a fast striker to score the goals ,there are stikers out there who would get 25 a season in this team without a doubt .our present first team strikers all drop deep just by staying around the box would probably double their tally ,its that obvious really.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Carlos Tevez has reiterated his desire to stay at Manchester United but warned he will leave if his ongoing contract negotiations are not sorted out.

The 24-year-old striker's current deal ends after this season and he has been linked with a move to Real Madrid.

"I want to stay but the club have not made any offer. I've been waiting for a year and a half," the Argentine told Radio del Plata in Buenos Aires.

"If a club comes to me and offers me a five-year deal, I will accept it."

He also criticised United manager Sir Alex Ferguson over reports suggesting Tevez had rejected a new contract offer at Old Trafford.

"I didn't like him saying I didn't like the offer I was made because neither my agent nor me were given one," stated Tevez.

"I don't know anything on my future. United know what they must pay if they want me to stay.

"I want everybody to know no offer has been made. I don't like that they are playing with our fans, who show their love to me in each match.

"I will sign my last contract and then I figure that I'll go back to Boca Juniors. That could be in four or five years."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7812932.stm

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Who the hell does he think he is?

He's been far from on form this season, in fact, he's been desperately awful in most of his apperances, bar one, which was a Carling Cup appearance against QPR. 34 million? F- that. He's not worth breaking the British transfer record for. If he wants to go, then let him.

He should be begging us to keep him, and I hope he is tbh.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I can't believe tevez wants more than that. 80,000 a week is alot even for a united player, sure some of our players are on more than that but he isn't exactely in the starting 11 all the time anymore! :(

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
we dont want to be paying anything over £15million. good player and become a fan favourite including myself but we can get better players for less transfer fee and less wages.

would rather we let him go and give wellbeck a chance next season with campbell returning

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
i reckon fergie will let him go , the asking price will put united off.
but there again we paid massively over the odds for berbatov , so he may decide to keep him

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Imagine this predicament next season. Rooney's injury problems come back to haunt him and he is ruled out for a few months. And we have to put Campbell or Welbeck in to replace him. Would you be comfortable with that?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
Imagine this predicament next season. Rooney's injury problems come back to haunt him and he is ruled out for a few months. And we have to put Campbell or Welbeck in to replace him. Would you be comfortable with that?

if utd don't keep tevez and i don't think they will ,then a top class striker will be added to the squad in the summer . to be honest tevez has too many similarities to rooney and berbatov in his play , and utd would be wiser getting a goal poacher instead of useing all deep playing strikers. 30 million can be spent more wisely than on tevez.

·
Registered
1 Posts
id play tevez over berba any day i think he and rooney ,as seen last season r a brilliant physical hardworkin partersnip which many seem to forget won us the league n champions league,i think lettin tevez go wd b a massive mistake.

·
23,699 Posts
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1089488_tevez_on_tightrope

Tevez on tightrope

CARLOS Tevez could be the biggest loser after United's Carling Cup humbling by Derby.

The semi-final first leg defeat on Wednesday looks certain to have cost him any chance of starting against Chelsea on Sunday - and will have done nothing to aid his hopes of a permanent deal at Old Trafford in the summer.

In a week when Tevez had plenty to say off the pitch, how he could have done with letting his feet do the talking at Pride Park!

But if Wednesday's display said anything, it was that United's reservations about his £30m price tag are totally justified.

So abject was the Argentine's offering that he ended up being shunted out to the right in the closing stages, with Sir Alex Ferguson moving Cristiano Ronaldo into an orthodox striking role in the hope that the winger could provide the spark that Tevez was missing.

Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney were only brought on as second-half substitutes because the starting cast had made such a mess of things against Derby.

But on Sunday, in United's biggest match of the season so far, it is likely that Tevez will once again be forced to play the role of understudy.

It's not certain if the 24-year-old would have earned the shout above Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov even if he'd produced magic on Wednesday.

His four goals against Blackburn in the quarter-final weren't enough to earn him a start against Sunderland the following Saturday.

Should Tevez be on the bench on Sunday, it will mean he would have started only once in matches against the big four this season, Liverpool in September.

Though he scored that day, his inclusion owed much to United's injury problems with Ronaldo still to return from a calf operation during the summer.

He came on as a substitute in the defeat to Arsenal in November and didn't feature at all in the 1-1 draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

And it is that statistic that provides the biggest hint over Tevez' future at United.

For all that has been made of his lack of opportunities this season, he has played 26 times already in all competitions, compared to 19 by Berbatov.

But it is on the big occasions that Ferguson has turned to the Rooney-Berbatov partnership, with Tevez having to make do with cameo appearances.

It is difficult to see that trend changing on Sunday and, should Tevez ultimately end up leaving United in the summer, he may look back ruefully on an ill-advised return to Argentina in December.

Allowed compassionate leave for "family issues," Tevez's winter break could hardly have come at a less opportune time.

On the back of his first league goal since September, the winner against Stoke, and at a time when question marks were being raised about Berbatov, he blew the chance to cement a first team place.

In his absence, Berbatov scored the winner against Middlesbrough and produced a master class against Southampton in the FA Cup.

That Tevez did an interview with Argentinean radio that so irritated Ferguson has only added to an unfortunate set of circumstances for a player who continues to be hero-worshipped at Old Trafford.

The striker voiced his frustration over the amount of time it is taking to complete a permanent deal.

But, for all his popularity, a price tag of £30m still looks hefty in the current financial climate.

While the official line from Old Trafford is that they want to keep a player forwhom they have already paid £6m for a two-year loan deal, it is clear they are uncomfortable about adding another £24m to make the move permanent.

Perhaps United's stalling is a ploy to pressure the player into convincing MSI - the company that owns his economic rights - to lower their demands.

There is still time between now and the end of the season for the matter to be resolved, but while United quibble over price, Tevez' principle concern will be the amount of time he is getting on the pitch.

Should he start on the bench against Chelsea, it could be another sign that his Old Trafford exit looms ever near.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts