Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
Joined
·
11,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[From Sky Sports News this morning]

Zenit have rejected a 17. something million offer from Tottenham to sign Andrey Arshavin, saying that they will not accept anything below 19.7m. So long as this doesn't go through, what are the chances of Berbatov joining United? Having already lost Robbie Keane, Tottenham will not let go of Berbatov till they have found a replacement striker (I mean come on, how long can you rely on solely Darren Bent?). Spurs would hope to use the funds from the sale of Berbatov to United to fund their pursuit of Arshavin.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
23,699 Posts
sportinglife

Tottenham are unlikely to land Zenit St Petersburg striker Andrei Arshavin, according to the player's agent.

Spurs were expected to use the funds from Dimitar Berbatov's probable move to Manchester United to land the Russia international.

But Dennis Lachter believes Zenit's valuation of the player means the on-off deal is unlikely to reach a conclusion.

Lachter told The Mail on Sunday: "Andrei would love to go to England but if it stays like this, there will be no deal.

"Zenit will not sell for a penny less than 25million euros (£19.7million) and Tottenham will not go above 22million (£17.3million).

Berbatov started Saturday's Barclays Premier League opener at Middlesbrough on the substitutes' bench but came on for summer signing Giovani Dos Santos in the 65th minute of the 2-1 defeat.
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
What's so good about Arshavin? Sure he played great against Sweden and Holland, but once they played a team with a back 4 who's average age wasn't one that would get a discount at most local diners, he went completely missing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,001 Posts
piazza said:
What's so good about Arshavin? Sure he played great against Sweden and Holland, but once they played a team with a back 4 who's average age wasn't one that would get a discount at most local diners, he went completely missing.
He was excellent throughout their UEFA Cup campaign...Everyone can have a bad game.
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
NateR said:
He was excellent throughout their UEFA Cup campaign...Everyone can have a bad game.
He played 2nd rate opposition, aside from Bayern, and they just played awful and I mean AWFUL throughout both of those legs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,375 Posts
piazza said:
What's so good about Arshavin? Sure he played great against Sweden and Holland, but once they played a team with a back 4 who's average age wasn't one that would get a discount at most local diners, he went completely missing.
Russia havent more great player...Arshavin cant play one...he is player for team,he is one from 11.

But today he was disgusting...

Dick told now, that Arshavin cant play good now,coz he want to leave.And tomorrow he may leave....I really hope,I respect him,but he cant help my team.

Good bye Shava!!!! :mad: :(
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
Zenitka said:
Russia havent more great player...Arshavin cant play one...he is player for team,he is one from 11.

But today he was disgusting...

Dick told now, that Arshavin cant play good now,coz he want to leave.And tomorrow he may leave....I really hope,I respect him,but he cant help my team.

Good bye Shava!!!! :mad: :(
What about Pogrebniyak? He's pretty good, though he was hurt for all of the EUROs. Akinfeev is a good keeper too. Don't forget about Roman Pavlyuchenko either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,375 Posts
piazza said:
What about Pogrebniyak? He's pretty good, though he was hurt for all of the EUROs. Akinfeev is a good keeper too. Don't forget about Roman Pavlyuchenko either.
ok.
Akinfeev is goalkeeper,he cant help to score.
Pavluchenko....hm...he is good striker,but he must haves a ball....if he havent ball,he cant help.
Pavel was out. :(

Hiddink played 4-3-3

2 midf. was not good. if Zyryanov was a very good,Semak and Semshov was crap.
and Saenko isnt good for nacional team.

Anykov and Zhirkov was fantastic,but when Russia played with Spain they could stay in the def.they cant help too.

Russia wanted play like Zenit,but Hiddink's team hadnt Timoschuk or Denisov.
Hiddink could have Denisov...but he's silly.

all players played in def. all midf played in def.

and finaly....Spain was the best team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,547 Posts
NateR said:
He was excellent throughout their UEFA Cup campaign...Everyone can have a bad game.
Talking to a mate today he mentioned that he believe Arshavin wont make it big, as big as he were in the first games of Euro 08, in PL.

Reason to that is in the semi vs Spain a defensive and strong marker like Senna erased him out totally. If Senna wasnt covering Arshavin Xavi did the dirty job. Maybe he got a point there since I dont really remember seeing Arshavin in the semi final. But when Arshavin is allowed to run with the ball and counter attack he's deadly.
 
1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top