Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
RedForceRising said:
While Edwin van der Sar is still a class keeper, he started to show signs of decline last season. All of a sudden, he started punching balls straight to the opposition, at other times he mauled his defneders when coming out for balls and to my horror, found himself flapping at crosses too.
Even James who was the best goalie last season make more mistakes than Edwin

Foster will never break to the first team while Edwin is here
and Edwin is staying another year

so tell 2010 we are safe
then after Edwin Van Der Star retire :(
we should look up for a new goalie
Viva Ochao

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Ochoa?

How about Ustari or Hugo Lloris?
Lloris of Nice ?
hes very good but didn't he join Lyon

i think Ochoa is good maybe hes no better than Ustari or Lloris but hes cheaper and easier to get

Neuer is the best young goalie imo but i don't think we can get for a cheap price

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
manutd004 said:
Tbh, this thread is about Ben Foster.

Buying another goalkeeper is only going to hamper Fosters chances of becoming our no 1 goalkeeper.

And tbh, Fosters the only goalkeeper I would want as our future no 1 atm.
i know that the thread about Foster
but i don't think hes that good to be our number 1 in the future
there is many better goalies there

Neuer is much better and more complete
great reflexes tall good handling good positioning and Saves many penalties

if we can sign 1 goalie for the future Neuer gets my votes

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Yeah? So was Philipp Lahm against Portugal at Euro 2008 and WTF did he do in that game?
when i said that he was the man of the match, i didn't mean that he was super great
Edwin performance versus chelski was good and he was fantastic versus bercelona
and i don't blame his for being nervous from barcelona
who won't be afraid of the super paced forwards that barca got
(Messi-Eto'o-Henry)

btw Lampard goal ain't VDS's mistake
firstly its Rio-Brown mistake

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
Big Ben out for 2 months

United goalkeeper Ben Foster has been ruled out for six to eight weeks after injuring his ankle playing in the Reserves.

Foster fell awkwardly in Thursday night’s 0-0 draw against Blackburn Rovers and left the Carrington training ground on Friday on crutches.

“Ben’s not had any luck,” Sir Alex said at his Friday press conference. “He was coming on fantastically, he’s been training really well. I made him substitute on Wednesday, which gives you an indication of his return to fitness.

“He’s been blighted by injuries so far in his career. He’s a top goalkeeper and I just hope he gets a little break now.”

Sir Alex was quick to point out Foster’s latest injury is unrelated to the goalkeeper’s past troubles.

“This has nothing to do with his previous injury – that was a cruciate knee injury. It was just bad luck.”

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
manutd004 said:
I thought that would make you happy abo, especially since you have something against Foster :rolleyes:
i think Foster is decent and not United no. 1 quality
but why i should be happy if he gets injured :confused:

i don't even wish injuries to the players i h8 most (Ronaldo , Raul) because injury isn't nice thing :rolleyes:

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
manutd004 said:
No.

Hes fantastic and is United quality.

But it depends how he gets on with injuries, and whether Sir Alex actually has the faith in him to give him a shot.
1.he got two serious injuries (1 while playing tennis lol) and this may affect his form
2.i feel that Fergie have more faith in Kuszczak than Foster (remember versus Bolton he picked Kus, instead)

i really hope that Foster is good as you say cuz this will save us allot of money instead of buying a new goalie

btw have anybody seen Lloris performance in the last ucl match with Lyon
IMMSENSE :eek:

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
i can't believe you people Van Der Sar is playing great and you wish him to retire just to watch overrated Foster play

shame on you :(

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
well done Ben Foster!

He had a great game and showed some of the form he had when he was at Watford.

Sir Alex will be very pleased with his decision to go with Ben.

For my money a better and more composed keeper than Kuszczak.

One game doesn't make a player, but he shwed today what I've been saying for a while now, so hopefully he can build on this.

Very pleased for him!
all around Foster tops Kuszcy but Kuszczak is one of the best shot stoppers in the league tho hes dodgy in many situations

i think we have the best 2 subitute goalies in the league Foster and Kuszczak
i remember some quality saves that Kuzczak made in his Albion day
the matches versus wigan and us were amazing
also foster was magical with watford

1 - 18 of 18 Posts