Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.............I HOPE THIS NEWS DO NOT HAPPEN...............

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will make a record-breaking offer for Lyon's French super striker Karim Benzema - his dream target - in the next week.

Fergie and United chief executive David Gill are working on a deal to snap up the 20-year-old who is tipped to star in Euro 2008 and insiders reveal they can get their man in a few days.

Benzema was top of Fergie's wish-list for a new striker a few months ago, but he was given no encouragement by Lyon, who are notoriously hard to deal with.

However, Fergie has now decided to make an offer which could go as high as £30m.

Benzema impressed Ferguson when the clubs met in the Champions League last season, the hitman scoring in a 1-1 draw in France.

His combination of power and skill sets him apart from other potential signings.

Advertisement

Ferguson knows Benzema is one of the few players who could make a difference and help take his side to the next level.

United insiders say Fergie and Gill are 'working on something big', but have also set a deadline to tie up the move. Ferguson hopes to move fast because he knows the price could rise if Benzema has a successful Euro 2008.-ThePeople

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Lyon Accept Benzema Bid, Now It's Up To Him!

Not confirmed this new but on Wikipedia, it appears that Lyon have accepted a
£25M offer plus Louis Saha for their striker Karim Benzema.

Wikipedia said:
Karim will decide his own future after Olympique Lyonnais
accepted a bid from Manchester United believed to be around £25 million and
French striker Louis Saha in part exchange
I do say this is not confirmed and is still only speculation!

·
Registered
566 Posts
£30m? thats alot of money for a player not really proven on the biggest stage.
fabiano and alves for a combined £30m looks a better deal.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
manutd43va said:
£30m? thats alot of money for a player not really proven on the biggest stage.
fabiano and alves for a combined £30m looks a better deal.
Hes a lot younger and is just as proven as Fabiano

IMO getting him and Richards would be great business

·
Registered
41 Posts
If theres any sort of truth to this I would say thats a ridiculous off we've put in for him. But then cosidering Saha is always injured anyway its not as if we're really losing a player, no point keeping someone If he cant get himself on the pitch.

Z

·
0 Posts
Anybody can edit pages on wikipedia so I think this
is probably not true. Would be nice though if it was.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks this, but does Benzema and Cantona have similarities?

Both French and they look slighlty alkie...no?

Benzema

Cantona

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
according to Wiki we have signed Fabiano recently, and huntellear atleast 5 times.

they also sai we signed Torres last summer, i wouldn't look that much into it.

-zuco- said:
Anybody can edit pages on wikipedia so I think this
is probably not true. Would be nice though if it was.
actually i don't think they can now, i may be wrong but i tried to edit Manutd's page (saying we are the best in the world:D ) but they wouldnt let me.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
i seriously wouldnt mind spending 30m on him and another 30m on either richards or dani alves, we get these players and we might just be un-playable next season i really hope this happens could be amazing :)

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
benzema is qualtiy, he is the best striker i have seen since ronaldo(fat one) so i would pay £30M is a heartbeat for him.

the only worry is that tevez would drop to the bench:(

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
i dont think so haggler, this boy could be the best player in the world in a few seasons under the stewardship of fergie, 20m plus saha wont cut it imo, i think we're looking more at 30m plus saha or even more ... it's going to cost us but i do believe it's worth it, we've been crying out for someone to help tevez and rooney out up front :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
lol, well if it is true it's brilliant news :) someone to help out rooney and tevez he'll give us a superb option and will take the pressure off of ronaldo, i'd be delighted if this came off

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Keano! said:
Am I the only one who thinks this, but does Benzema and Cantona have similarities?

Both French and they look slighlty alkie...no?

Benzema

Cantona

dont compare benzema to eric
for me i dont believe it

1 - 20 of 188 Posts