Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
Lyon Looking For Benzema Back-Up But.....

Oh, Barca....:rolleyes:

goal.com

Jean-Michel Aulas is scouring the transfer market for striker's while he decides whether or not to accept Barcelona's €40m bid for Olympqiue Lyonnais' star Karim Benzema.

Only if the French champions' president can be convinced that he can find an adequate replacement will any deal be discussed with the Blaugrana because money is not an issue.

Benzema himself has stated that he would like another year at Stade Gerland, but Aulas recognises that the huge fee on offer may not come again should the player not perform as well next term or even pick up an injury.

Luis Fabiano is one possibility, but Sevilla's president, José Maria del Nido, is even more difficult to deal with in the transfer market than Aulas himself.

Barça are set to push Lyon in to making a decision because Joan Laporta is keen to conclude all the Catalan club's transfer dealings before a referendum on his own future at the helm is held.

Another factor is that Lyon know that English clubs remain interested with Manchester United in particular capable of topping the Blaugrana's offer.

Sport believe that Benzema would favour a move to Camp Nou over a switch England even though his first choice would be to stay at his hometown club longer.

·
23,699 Posts
Benzema hints at Real Madrid preference over United

Manchester United will have to step up their efforts to persuade Karim Benzema to join the club in January after he revealed he would love to sign for Real Madrid.

Sir Alex Ferguson is keen to bolster his forward line as his club face a fixture pile-up in the New Year and wants strong competition for places in his squad. Ferguson has been tracking the progress of the Lyon striker for a long time and was close to signing him before Dimitar Berbatov's arrival at Old Trafford at the end of the last transfer window.

Benzema, 20, is regarded as one of the best young strikers in the world and was voted the French player of the year as he helped Lyon win the league last season.

The prolific forward has progressed through the ranks at Lyon but has now admitted he is ready to leave the French club at the end of the season.

Manchester United thought they were in pole position to clinch his signature, but Benzema says he wants a move to Spain and has opened the door for Real Madrid to sign him.

Benzema said: "I like Real Madrid. I like the shirt, the club and everything that it represents.

"Some people have said I cannot play at the highest level. How ridiculous. I have a lot to learn and am still growing.

"I am only 20 and am working hard to improve all the time."

Lyon have slapped a 100 million Euro price tag on the French international and are set to consider offers which could break the world transfer fee.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/10699/Benzema_hints_at_Real_Madrid_preference_over_United.aspx

·
23,699 Posts
:confused: :confused:

setanta

Lyon's hot property Karim Benzema has refused to reject the idea of moving next summer, and he named three clubs as a possible destination, including Manchester United.

Young internationals in France understand that being transferred to a foreign league just a year before an important international competition can prove tricky, but the ultra-confident Benzema does not share this idea.

And France's goal-machine has named Manchester United, Milan and Real Madrid as clubs he would fancy playing for in the future.

Sir Alex Ferguson is a huge admirer of the striker and will be happy to read that Benzema sees United as possible future employers.

“I feel good at Lyon, but leaving before or after the World Cup is not going to change anything,†Benzema told Le 10 Sport.

“I do not really watch Ligue 1 football, but I love the English, Italian and Spanish leagues.

“I have been a Real Madrid fan since a kid, but I also like great clubs such as Milan and Manchester [United].â€

·
23,699 Posts
spellbound said:
You beat me to it, fellow paste-r. :)

Oh no, another mummy's boy. :rolleyes:

fansfc

£35million-rated striker delivers Manchester United SNUB!

Karim Benzema has revealed his dream destination…and it isn’t Manchester United Football Club.

Sir Alex Ferguson has been a huge fan of the France international for some time, but when the £35million-rated striker does leave Lyon, his ideal destination is Real Madrid.

"It is my hidden dream in sport and it is a dream that is coming closer little by little," Benzema told Le Buteur. "I like the white kit, the stadium, the atmosphere that exists around the Bernabeu

“I promised my mother that one day I would play for Real Madrid, and I want that to come true."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.