Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, I've continually said that this won't happen, simply because he recently signed a new contract at Lyon and said he would rather move to Spain or Italy ahead of England. Also, I cannot find anything on Wikipedia about it, and it could be just Newspaper talk, but as I say a lot, I'm not believing it until it's confirmed on Sky Sports or ManUtd.com.

But if it does, I would be as happy as anyone! Hes going to be World Class, and with a strike-force of Benzema, Manucho, Rooney and Tevez, who can stop us? :p

manutd43va said:
player not really proven on the biggest stage.
Plenty of players have been bought for high prices having not been proven on the big stage, Michael Essien being the biggest I can think of from the top of my head, but I wouldn't argue with his ability,and performances for Chelsea.

And, there is only one way to prove yourself on the biggest stage.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
If we can get him for a reasonable price, then why not?

I haven't seen him much but heard great things. I only really seen him in the Euros, but the whole French team/management were awful so I'm not looking into that too much ;)

Would prefer him to Berbatov in all honesty. We certainly need a striker to join Tevez, Manucho and Rooney.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Let me stress that considering this story is in the News of the World, so its more than likely to be a load of crap.

Tbh, before we signed Berbatov, I would have taken Benzema.

But, with Berbatov, Rooney, Tevez, and Manucho, I don't see why we need Benzema. No doubt a great player with potential. But having Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov and Benzema wouldn't work.

Imo, Berbatov and Benzema aren't going to be happy when one of them has to sit on the bench, and/or can't get into the team.

The price would be astronomical, and majorly inflated.

Signing Benzema would just stop Manucho having any chance of getting a fair crack of the whip, and I fail to see what we would gain from signing him other than trouble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.