Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
TheManc said:
benzema is qualtiy, he is the best striker i have seen since ronaldo(fat one) so i would pay £30M is a heartbeat for him.

the only worry is that tevez would drop to the bench:(
thats interesting pal, but the one who should be worried if this happens is rooney imo, tevez has to play i just think he's been amazing and he would be the last person i'd drop, i hate to say it but rooney would be dropped before tevez, who knows though maybe all three will play at times and at other times they will be rotated :) no problems

·
Registered
3 Posts
He'd be worth every penny. Definitely going to be a star of world football in the next few years. The lad has everything a striker needs to be the best in the modern game, and if Fergie gets the chance to nurture his talent, he'll be one of the best strikers on the planet.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Keano! said:
Not confirmed this new but on Wikipedia, it appears that Lyon have accepted a
£25M offer plus Louis Saha for their striker Karim Benzema.

I do say this is not confirmed and is still only speculation!

Keano, my man....this could be potentially history-making news. I'm talking a major turning point in the histpry of Man United.

It may sound dramatic, but I have full confidence in Karim Benzema. This guy is really special and would even soften the blow if that cry baby Ronaldo left.

Here's an article from goal.com
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=719260

Fergie Plots Benzema Swoop

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is preparing a £20 million bid for Lyon striker Karim Benzema as he looks to secure the youngster's signature before the start of Euro 2008.

The likes of Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid have all been linked with the 20-year old, who is one of Europe's most promising youngsters after again impressing this campaign, firing twenty goals as Lyon claimed their seventh consecutive league title.

Ferguson, who has become increasingly frustrated with Louis Saha's injury problems this season, is now set to move for Benzema within the next week to avoid having to pay more should the youngster impress for France this summer.

If The Red Devils fail in their bid to land the player already dubbed a new Bleus legend in France, Ferguson has a shortlist of forward candidates which includes Tottenham Hotspur's majestic striker Dimitar Berbatov, Sevilla's Fabiano and West Ham United's Dean Ashton.

The 66-year old has been handed a hefty transfer budget by the club's owner Malcolm Glazer, an amount that could be made all the larger should Cristiano Ronaldo opt to leave Old Trafford for Real Madrid within the next three days.

William Wood

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
yess haha, this sunday just got a lot better, theres quite a few sources running this story now, there could well be something happening here, atleast it will take away the ronaldo stories for now thank goodness for that :)

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
let me tell you all that benzema will be unvieled as shusters first major signing at madrid after ronaldo confirms that he is staying . he has started spanish lessons with hatem ben arfa .

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
hmmm I'm not sure what to make of this.....It's probably just more speculation :rolleyes:
but the thought of it happening is spine tingling.
Having Benzema in our front line would make us the most feared team in
the world. I really didn't think signing him was a possibility from the early
stories that came out.....but these articles just make you wonder.....
and we all remember when Fergie had a 'chat' with him in Lyon after the game. ;)

This kid is the real deal......and probably the best signing we could hope for.
I wont hold my breath, cos I doubt it will materialise but ya never know in football.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
How's this bad news ?

This would be fantastic just think of the future if we sing him we already have Ronaldo, Rooney, Nani, Anderson!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just youtube'd the guy and to be fair he looks absolutely quality; top, top finisher.

I think he'd be just about the perfect addition to the squad. We've gotta be having him...

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
it would be great if we'd sign him...i realy hope we can...we had and still have french players..so it wouldn't be a problem..:)..

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Benzema would be the Icing on the cake for Man Utd. He'd complete this team. If this guy becomes anywhere near as good as Zidane, combine him with Anderson, Nani, Rooney & Ronaldo and we're in with the chance of dominating Europe for many years to come.

He is the only player i want. I'd sell my soul to Satan if it meant we got him.

Probably nothing in it though

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, I've continually said that this won't happen, simply because he recently signed a new contract at Lyon and said he would rather move to Spain or Italy ahead of England. Also, I cannot find anything on Wikipedia about it, and it could be just Newspaper talk, but as I say a lot, I'm not believing it until it's confirmed on Sky Sports or ManUtd.com.

But if it does, I would be as happy as anyone! Hes going to be World Class, and with a strike-force of Benzema, Manucho, Rooney and Tevez, who can stop us? :p

manutd43va said:
player not really proven on the biggest stage.
Plenty of players have been bought for high prices having not been proven on the big stage, Michael Essien being the biggest I can think of from the top of my head, but I wouldn't argue with his ability,and performances for Chelsea.

And, there is only one way to prove yourself on the biggest stage.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
haggler said:
let me tell you all that benzema will be unvieled as shusters first major signing at madrid after ronaldo confirms that he is staying . he has started spanish lessons with hatem ben arfa .
ben arfa and benzema hate each other, so they wouldnt take lessons with each other;)

21 - 40 of 188 Posts