Manchester United Talk banner
101 - 120 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Remember too that Berbatov is at his best now, Benzema is already really good and will likely get much better. With Nani and Anderson sure to improve, a rock solid defence, we could have an absolutely killer team in a few years, one that will be ripping teams to shreds. (but first we need to get some results, and with Chelsea and 'Pool away and our injuries I'm a bit worried for the short term)
Long term though - Imagine having FOUR classy players who can all run at defences and pull them out of shape, and then great midfield supprt behing that.. Most teams would be happy with just one such player.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
If we can get him for a reasonable price, then why not?

I haven't seen him much but heard great things. I only really seen him in the Euros, but the whole French team/management were awful so I'm not looking into that too much ;)

Would prefer him to Berbatov in all honesty. We certainly need a striker to join Tevez, Manucho and Rooney.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Red Warrior said:
i think he will stay one more season with lyon before leaving...
There's a good chance he won't move this summer which makes me think we won't get him. We need a striker now, nevermind next season. We can't play another campaign with effectively Rooney and Tevez as our only strikers.

It would be fantastic to see Benzema in a United shirt though!

·
Registered
8 Posts
sparkic said:
I would love to see Benzema at OT but his price is in excess of 32m pounds! *
So? It's not your money. What if he's the difference between a CL quarter-final and semi-final. Hasn't he just about paid for himself already? I'd prefer Berbatov, because he's so complete, but the power and pace of Benzema are exciting.

It amuses me when fans behave as though they had to write a cheque with their own cash. It's just as funny when we pronounce with great gravity that so and so is worth this many pounds, and we can get that player for that many pounds, because his club will let him go for that. We don't know; we haven't got a clue. What we often can know is whether a player is any good. Benzema is.

·
Registered
601 Posts
we still have the option of putting ronaldo upfront aswell, ok he doesnt offer many options as he has the same style as tevez and rooney, all about running at defenders, but if we dont get anyone roanldo does count as another option upfront

If ronaldo plays upfront, we also have the option of hargreaves going down the right wing, has stamina, will help out in defense and when hargreaves goes forward he has good crossing ability.

I dont think fergy is that much bothered because a lot of the players answer the problems, because of versitility and does give a different style of play. I think he wants another experienced attacker so we can go full on to win the trebble or four major trophies. But with the team we have the prem should be fine.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
out of all the young strikers i have seen, benzema looks by far the best...Though i've not seen a whole bunch of pato but he is also very promising, younger and has and will be working with legends while benzema develops in the french league. However benzemas style of play is so similar to brazilian ronaldo and his finished is top class and is very strong and is also a good enough footballer to lead the line at united unlike huntelaar (imo) and id be delighted if we got him. However i really do not see it happening. Would love to be suprised though!

pz

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Ritesh MU said:
hope SAF now can bid
well as follows
Berba 25 millions £ xxxx good
Huntelaar 20 millions £ xxxxx very good
Benzema 28 Millons £ xxxx good

lol now Fergie got a choice well im not a team manager but huntelaar is the best options benzema the second as SAF wont get berba for 28 lol
benzema would be nice even though
Is that a joke? Hunterlaar is 3 star at best. No pace, no dribbling skills. Benzema is 5 star. If we can get Benzema then Berbs will look like a 2nd rate option.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Karim Benzema

City And United To Battle For Benzema
Neighbours Manchester United and Manchester City are reportedly set to go head-to-head in the January transfer window as they fight to sign Lyon's Karim Benzema.
The French star has long been linked with a move away from Lyon, to such an extent that his club have slapped an £80 million price tag on their player.

Yet according to the News of the World this hasn't scared off either United or City who both plan to make a move for the French international when the transfer window reopens in January.

Whilst the price tag may stretch champions United, it should prove no problem to City, who have become the Premier League's richest club since their takeover last month.

The Sky Blues have already smashed the British record transfer fee by signing Robinho from Real Madrid for £32.5 million and have been linked with a number of top names as they attempt to flex their financial muscle.

Whether Benzema could be tempted to move to England is another matter. Should he decide to finally leave Lyon there should be no shortage of takers for the forward with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Milan and Inter all likely to be bidding for his services.

Furthermore Lyon are likely to be unwilling to sell their main asset, who is contracted to the club until 2013.

Benzema has made a strong start to the new season, scoring six goals in his first five games to help propel Lyon to the top of Le Ligue.

Their president Jean-Michel Aulas has also made his clubs thoughts on Benzema well known by being widely quoted as saying: “Our aim is to win the Champions League with Karim.â€

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Let me stress that considering this story is in the News of the World, so its more than likely to be a load of crap.

Tbh, before we signed Berbatov, I would have taken Benzema.

But, with Berbatov, Rooney, Tevez, and Manucho, I don't see why we need Benzema. No doubt a great player with potential. But having Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov and Benzema wouldn't work.

Imo, Berbatov and Benzema aren't going to be happy when one of them has to sit on the bench, and/or can't get into the team.

The price would be astronomical, and majorly inflated.

Signing Benzema would just stop Manucho having any chance of getting a fair crack of the whip, and I fail to see what we would gain from signing him other than trouble.

101 - 120 of 188 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.