141 - 160 of 188 Posts

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
abojodeh said:
Tevez is better than Benzema in everything

finishing pace dribble control attitude commitment passion

Benzema is the most overrated footballer in the universe
get a hold of yourself abo, no way is tevez a better finisher than benzema.

benzema overated:eek: he`s better than your idol huntelar.;)

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
LYON ACE BENZEMA DROPS UNITED HINT

Lyon striker Karim Benzema admits he would consider a move to Manchester United in the future.

The highly-rated France international is expected to leave the Ligue 1 champions at the end of the season, with no shortage of admirers waiting in the wings.

Benzema was recently quoted as saying that his dream was to head to either Real Madrid or Barcelona, seemingly ruling out a transfer to United.

But Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson, who is understood to be a long-term fan of Benzema, could now consider a bid after the 20-year-old confessed that he would be attracted to any 'big club'.

"There are many clubs," Benzema told L'Equipe when asked about potential future employers.

"Barca and Real, but also Manchester and Milan. It is all the big clubs which are dreams.

"I like Spain, but you can also really progress at Manchester or Milan. I want to reach a very high level."

what you guys think? is he serious?or just saying it in the hope barca or real will get pressured into buying him? would u like to see him join?

source http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...STORY_NAME=soccer/08/11/15/manual_130356.html

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Its a really promising statement IMO...

...but I fear that IF we do take him on, WTF were we getting Berbatov for??

Rooney
Tevez
Berbatov
Benzema
Welbeck
Manucho

We can only play a max of 3 and possibly only 1 in some games.

I think Benzema would have been a better buy then Berbatov TBH, but I've no
idea how he'll fit into all that above unless theres a big name exit, and of the
above, Tevez is the most likely unfortunatly!

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Keano! said:
Its a really promising statement IMO...

...but I fear that IF we do take him on, WTF were we getting Berbatov for??

Rooney
Tevez
Berbatov
Benzema
Welbeck
Manucho

We can only play a max of 3 and possibly only 1 in some games.

I think Benzema would have been a better buy then Berbatov TBH, but I've no
idea how he'll fit into all that above unless theres a big name exit, and of the
above, Tevez is the most likely unfortunatly!

ya i agree with ya BUT in my hopnest opinoin i think id rather have benzema over tevez as i think he would be a more accomplished striker than tevez ! i found another tory so it looks likely benzema will be leaving lyon this year! heres the link!

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagenews.asp?newsid=193186

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
I WOULD chooaw Benzema over Tev in a heartbeat. 30 mil not = Tevez. Would be better off deploying campbell or manucho as 3rd choice

ya your right but i heard somewhere that its act closer to 20 mill we will pay for him beacuse they deduct the oan payments from the 30 mill! still though if theirs a chance to get benzema i think we should go for him and forget about tevez, tevez for all his qaulities and im a huge fan will nevr score week in week out or be the best striker in the world benzema has all the quaklites to become that!

still though do ye reckon fergie will do that or will he simply jus get the tevez deal done asap?

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I seriously dont think he would come to us, for one he already said that he would prefer la liga over the prem in a heartbeat, second mainly because the transfer fee we would pay for him would be imo way more than the 30 or less we would pay for a player already proven in the prem like tevez. just look at what lyon has asked for other players, look how much chelsea had to pay for an unknown like essien, imagine what we would have to pay for benzema who is already a star in world football.

·
Registered
3 Posts
with rooney,berba,tevez,welbeck,and manucho as the strike force,it seems like there's no place for benzema..

BUT,

if u sell off manucho,(we all agree that benzema will be a better bargain,and welbeck is still in the training process...

although with this arrangement,tevez is in a highly threatened situation(worse than the present scenario)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
United make move for Benzema - agent
http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/11/22/Prem-Benzemas-agent-on-Man-Urd/
by Laurent Picard, 22 November 2008

Manchester United are holding talks with Lyon over the possible transfer of Karim Benzema to Old Trafford, according to the striker's agent.

Sir Alex Ferguson has made no secret of his admiration for the French goal-machine and it would appear the Scot is ready to steal a march on the rivals for Benzema's signature.

The biggest clubs in Europe are on the trail of the 21-year-old, but Benzema's agent Karim Djaziri claims United have made contact with Lyon.

Djaziri told El Mundo: “I know that Lyon's directors have met with Barca, Real Madrid and Manchester United's representatives and that all those three great clubs are very interested in signing him regarding next season.â€

Lyon have resisted offers for Benzema in the past, as they have made it clear he is integral to their hopes of winning the Champions League, but it remains to be seen how long they can retain his services.

141 - 160 of 188 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.