Manchester United Talk banner
161 - 180 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Currently we dont need Benzema, Manucho still learning and I think he will adapt there...........No chance for Fergie to sign him...Maybe Real Madrid will snap him first...We dont need him, we got ronaldo, berbs, wazza, wellbeck, manucho, dont forget fraizer campbell

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
hafiz_shukri00391 said:
Currently we dont need Benzema, Manucho still learning and I think he will adapt there...........No chance for Fergie to sign him...Maybe Real Madrid will snap him first...We dont need him, we got ronaldo, berbs, wazza, wellbeck, manucho, dont forget fraizer campbell
AND tevez...

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
I dont think we will buy him, which is guttin as he is a top top striker and he would be perfect as he is a goal poacher as well as he can make goals out of nothing....just look at his goal v us in the CL last year....RIO & VIDA both closing him down and he just bangs it in VDS's bottom corner! Pure class TBH.
I would of opted for him over berba any day..

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
If we don't sign Tevez, i'd be happy to sign him. If we sign him and keep Tevez that would be a recipe for disastor. Personally I would prefer him than Tevez.

Just a thought..who would be sitting if Benzema sign for us? Now Tevez sit, would we let Rooney sit? Berbatov? I cant see who's going to sit on sub bench. Wouldnt we just spend a lot of money on another sub if we buy Benzema....

Ok, there's a lot of games but hopefully we can keep our top players fit for most of the time.

·
23,699 Posts
Benzema hints at Real Madrid preference over United

Manchester United will have to step up their efforts to persuade Karim Benzema to join the club in January after he revealed he would love to sign for Real Madrid.

Sir Alex Ferguson is keen to bolster his forward line as his club face a fixture pile-up in the New Year and wants strong competition for places in his squad. Ferguson has been tracking the progress of the Lyon striker for a long time and was close to signing him before Dimitar Berbatov's arrival at Old Trafford at the end of the last transfer window.

Benzema, 20, is regarded as one of the best young strikers in the world and was voted the French player of the year as he helped Lyon win the league last season.

The prolific forward has progressed through the ranks at Lyon but has now admitted he is ready to leave the French club at the end of the season.

Manchester United thought they were in pole position to clinch his signature, but Benzema says he wants a move to Spain and has opened the door for Real Madrid to sign him.

Benzema said: "I like Real Madrid. I like the shirt, the club and everything that it represents.

"Some people have said I cannot play at the highest level. How ridiculous. I have a lot to learn and am still growing.

"I am only 20 and am working hard to improve all the time."

Lyon have slapped a 100 million Euro price tag on the French international and are set to consider offers which could break the world transfer fee.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/10699/Benzema_hints_at_Real_Madrid_preference_over_United.aspx

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
^^ He already said that he prefers Spain and Italy to England. So it's not something new. And i don't like his attitude btw. From what little i can make up from his interviews, i think he is quite arrogant.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
sean2689 said:
he wont go madrid, they just signed the the hunter....
he may well go to barca if they ship eto'o off to man city
If Barcelona want to seel Eto'o he's welcome here as far as I'm concerned

He's been on fire this season!

·
23,699 Posts
:confused: :confused:

setanta

Lyon's hot property Karim Benzema has refused to reject the idea of moving next summer, and he named three clubs as a possible destination, including Manchester United.

Young internationals in France understand that being transferred to a foreign league just a year before an important international competition can prove tricky, but the ultra-confident Benzema does not share this idea.

And France's goal-machine has named Manchester United, Milan and Real Madrid as clubs he would fancy playing for in the future.

Sir Alex Ferguson is a huge admirer of the striker and will be happy to read that Benzema sees United as possible future employers.

“I feel good at Lyon, but leaving before or after the World Cup is not going to change anything,†Benzema told Le 10 Sport.

“I do not really watch Ligue 1 football, but I love the English, Italian and Spanish leagues.

“I have been a Real Madrid fan since a kid, but I also like great clubs such as Milan and Manchester [United].â€

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
spellbound said:
Just a thought..who would be sitting if Benzema sign for us? Now Tevez sit, would we let Rooney sit? Berbatov? I cant see who's going to sit on sub bench. Wouldnt we just spend a lot of money on another sub if we buy Benzema....

Ok, there's a lot of games but hopefully we can keep our top players fit for most of the time.
Thank you for bringing some reason, instead of just saying yes because we want more goals. People need to remember when they bring someone in, they are gonna have to move someone to the bench.

·
Banned
292 Posts
Cappy said:
Thank you for bringing some reason, instead of just saying yes because we want more goals. People need to remember when they bring someone in, they are gonna have to move someone to the bench.
At the moment our squad is quite unbalanced, Rooney Tevez and Berbatov are all players that want to come deep, what is the point in having two wingers crossing the ball when the penalty box is empty. Tevez is a better player than Rooney so it would be ideal if we could sell Rooney and bring in a target man striker, Pavel Pogrebnyak from Zenit would be perfect in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Banana-rama said:
At the moment our squad is quite unbalanced, Rooney Tevez and Berbatov are all players that want to come deep, what is the point in having two wingers crossing the ball when the penalty box is empty. Tevez is a better player than Rooney so it would be ideal if we could sell Rooney and bring in a target man striker, Pavel Pogrebnyak from Zenit would be perfect in my opinion.

Explanation ?

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Banana-rama said:
Have we ever stopped to think why the strikers are dropping so far back? Fair enough when in possession they check back and open up the defense, but when our wingers consist of Ronnie, who 9/10 is going to go for goal; Nani, who when he does cross it, it is either shanked or the strikers have dropped back since we don't expect him to cross either; or Park, who for the entire time he has been here everyone says his touch might be worse than the dogs he eats, but that little bugger sure does run all day.

Have I mentioned that I think we need a winger? A winger that knows how to cross. Look how impressed everyone was last year when Hargo slid out to the wing just cause he would do what was simple, get past someone and whip the ball in. Most the times he played out there people were arguing for him as MOTM, and he isn't even a natural wing.

Berbatov stays in the box when he thinks he is getting crosses. Did you see his goals for Spurs? That's why the forum was excited to see him come here, because he was somebody who not only poached, but took people on with skill and class.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Manchester United Head Queue For Benzema
Local press reports in Manchester suggest that the Red Devils are now fronting the race to claim the signature of the French hot-shot.

Manchester United are now favourites to sign French front-man Karim Benzema, according to The Manchester Evening News.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been closely monitoring the player's situation, and has received a boost in his quest to land the player today with Real Madrid reportedly ready to end their interest in the 20-year old, rated at a transfer value of £40 million.

That price tag is also believed to be too high for Italian giants AC Milan, who do not carry the clout they once did in the transfer market, which leaves Ferguson with a clear run.

The Olympique Lyonnais forward, capable of playing wide or as an out-and-out striker, has spoken recently of his admiration for the European champions alongside other great European teams.

"I have been a Real Madrid fan since a kid, but I also like great clubs such as Milan and United," he said.

Should United sign the French international, then it would pose serious questions about the future of Carlos Tevez at Old Trafford and would probably pave the way for the Argentine's departure from United.

Benzema has won 18 caps for France, netting five goals for Les Bleus

SOURCE : GOAL.COM

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
if benzema comes Carlito will have to be sold for sure
haha theres a"united fan" on goal.com who wants to sell of wazza and berba and play Tevez with Benzema :p

161 - 180 of 188 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.