Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 4847 Posts

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
the one I was gutted about was the when where he went right and he should have just side footed it under the gk rather than use the outside of his boot (though nobody would've complained had it gone in)

He was desperately unlucky with Harper's save after he rescued it in the box, took it past 2 defenders and then tried to squeeze it in.

Confidence is crucial, he did well to get on the sheet and played some really good stuff, it speaks volumes that he even attempted some of the stuff he did, and if he gets a run of scoring going, we'll all see the best side of him once more.

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,946 Posts
he's dreamy :wub:

I'd like to see those drawings too...
He should have scored a hat-trick against Newcastle, I wonder what that would have done for his confidence. Still he looks sharper, maybe he's finally getting it. I'm very happy to see him in the line up against the smaller teams, where he can utilize his superior technical abilities but it's against the bigger sides where I feel he can be a liability.

·
Sinead O'Connor Look-alike
6,858 Posts
Big season for berbatov. Two goals in two games is a good start, let's just hope he can continue this form for the rest of the season. I reckon he will manage 20-25 goals in all competitions.

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
the one I was gutted about was the when where he went right and he should have just side footed it under the gk rather than use the outside of his boot (though nobody would've complained had it gone in)

He was desperately unlucky with Harper's save after he rescued it in the box, took it past 2 defenders and then tried to squeeze it in.

Confidence is crucial, he did well to get on the sheet and played some really good stuff, it speaks volumes that he even attempted some of the stuff he did, and if he gets a run of scoring going, we'll all see the best side of him once more.
Berbatov is an entirely different player with confidence, once he relaxes you see the very best of him. Newcastle was a very encouraging performance.

·
Aka Menlo(ve)
5,184 Posts
Hope Berbatov gets a good game today, hopefully another goal too. It is important his confidence is built up early so that he can continue the rest of the season on a high (with a bit of luck).

·
Banned
890 Posts
Berbatov looks a total different player to last season. This time he looks fit, driven, sharp and hungry to get on the end of things while dropping back and helping defensively. He's obviously worked hard over the summer, as he is the type of character to be equally as critical of himself as to those others who are critical of him

Even if he doesn't score if he keeps playing as well as he is then he deserves to be in the team. Though I'm confident he get one today

·
Saviour of the Forum
12,868 Posts
tbh I don't think he looks totally different to the start he made last year, if it hadn't been for his knee injury and our compiled defensive injuries we probably would have seen the benefit.

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
Berbatov looks a total different player to last season. This time he looks fit, driven, sharp and hungry to get on the end of things while dropping back and helping defensively. He's obviously worked hard over the summer, as he is the type of character to be equally as critical of himself as to those others who are critical of him

Even if he doesn't score if he keeps playing as well as he is then he deserves to be in the team. Though I'm confident he get one today
Yeah I agree. I think the criticism he got really affected him - but at the same time it's obvously driven him to improve. Berbatov in Spurs form would be a hero here - end of discussion.

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
Promising start for Berba, he looks more motivated and up for it now. Needs to work on his finishing a bit more, as I thought he has been a tad bit wasteful at times and needs to just be a bit more simplistic in and around the box too as he tends to overcomplicate things too much. So far though he has been our best forward and linked our Midfield and Attacks up extremely well. Awesome layoff to Scholes yesterday.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
I must say, I'm loving these spectacular volley's he's been attempting. Stockdale made a great save from his effort yesterday, and against Newcastle he tried 2 which didn't come off (shows he's getting closer :p)

but the biggest thing I like about them is the fact he's confident enough to try them off. If one of them goes in, his confidence will go through the roof, and that would be a great thing for everyone!

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
That volley yesterday would have been stunning had it gone in.
People were bleating yesterday but I don't recall anyone mentioning Stockdale at all, he made quite a few really good saves, really kept them in the game

21 - 40 of 4847 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.