Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 4847 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I think he has been in our top 3 players in the last 3 games. Same as Scholes.
Hopefully he keeps this form up. A couple more goals in the next few games will do him the world of good.

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,946 Posts
I think he has been in our top 3 players in the last 3 games. Same as Scholes.
Hopefully he keeps this form up. A couple more goals in the next few games will do him the world of good.
He was not good against Fulham and against Chelsea he was AWFUL until his goal, he was only on the field for half the game too.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
He was not good against Fulham and against Chelsea he was AWFUL until his goal, he was only on the field for half the game too.
He was one of our better players against Fulham. Name 2 better than him (apart from Scholes)
You are just biased against him. Most people would have Berba in their top 3. i could link another big forum where 90% of members had Berba in their top 3 but I shan't.
Against Chelsea, his link up play was sublime, he worked hard and scored a beaut.

There is no pleasing some people.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
at the moment he is easily our best striker ,he is looking sharp and most of his shots are hitting the target ,he has been a little unlucky with the keepers making very good saves from some of his attemps .if he keeps this form up you won't get any complaints from me ,the more goals he scores the more confident he will become ,we might even see the old berbatov the one that was so spectacular in the early spurs years ! now that would be nice ,just when most utd fans have given up on him he seems to be finally enjoying himself .

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
at the moment he is easily our best striker ,he is looking sharp and most of his shots are hitting the target ,he has been a little unlucky with the keepers making very good saves from some of his attemps .if he keeps this form up you won't get any complaints from me ,the more goals he scores the more confident he will become ,we might even see the old berbatov the one that was so spectacular in the early spurs years ! now that would be nice ,just when most utd fans have given up on him he seems to be finally enjoying himself .
Exactly.

I agree with Jazz, how odd :blink:
huh?

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
I mean, sunny's not even someone who likes berba (quite far from it :D)

so the fact that he would say he's in the top 3 says a lot...

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
I really wouldn't put him in the top three. Nani, Scholes and even Vidic including yesterday have been better. Valencia against Chelsea alone has been better. VDS too. If this is classed as him playing well just shows how poor he's been. I'm not a Berba basher but frankly I'm beyond sick of a striker who cannot finish.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I really wouldn't put him in the top three. Nani, Scholes and even Vidic including yesterday have been better. Valencia against Chelsea alone has been better. VDS too. If this is classed as him playing well just shows how poor he's been. I'm not a Berba badger but frankly I'm beyond sick of a striker who cannot finish.
Nani has been decent enough. Vidic wasn't great vs Fulham and Valencia has been poor the last 2 games.
Berbatov has done well and has bagged 2 goals in 3 games which is good. Ok, he probably could have scored a few more but he is still getting in the right areas and getting shots in on goal. I can't see why people are still complaining. I know it's just 3 games in but Berbatov HAS been one of our better players. Fact. Let's just hope he can keep it up and get people off his back.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Nani has been decent enough. Vidic wasn't great vs Fulham and Valencia has been poor the last 2 games.
Berbatov has done well and has bagged 2 goals in 3 games which is good. Ok, he probably could have scored a few more but he is still getting in the right areas and getting shots in on goal. I can't see why people are still complaining. I know it's just 3 games in but Berbatov HAS been one of our better players. Fact. Let's just hope he can keep it up and get people off his back.
He hasn't been breathtaking or anything. Let's not kid ourselves man he misses more than he scores. His build up and all round play are good but he is downright atrocious in front of goal. He missed shedloads. I don't care if he can do the most audacious stuff on the ball if can't put the ball in as a striker he's not doing his job.

·
43,917 Posts
tbf, whatever your perception of his start to the season is, you can't deny berbatov's been our best striker in the first 3 games at least.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
tbf, whatever your perception of his start to the season is, you can't deny berbatov's been our best striker in the first 3 games at least.
I'd have been better than Rooney and no one else has had as much gametime. It like me saying I'm the best member from Peterswell this year. Meaningless.

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
I must say, I'm loving these spectacular volley's he's been attempting. Stockdale made a great save from his effort yesterday, and against Newcastle he tried 2 which didn't come off (shows he's getting closer :p)

but the biggest thing I like about them is the fact he's confident enough to try them off. If one of them goes in, his confidence will go through the roof, and that would be a great thing for everyone!
But when it hardly pays off(which it usually doesn't)and he has a better options, it's frustrating. I'll admit he has been one of our best players at the start of this season, but be honest that hardly takes much at the moment because most of the team have been terrible.

·
43,917 Posts
But when it hardly pays off(which it usually doesn't)and he has a better options, it's frustrating. I'll admit he has been one of our best players at the start of this season, but be honest that hardly takes much at the moment because most of the team have been terrible.
how often does he have better options though? like yesterday for example, he didn't have much choice but to shoot did he? even though most players on our team couldn't even get the shot away.

If one of them pays off, more will begin to go in anyway, but my main point was about him having the confidence to take them on anyway, rather than the efforts themselves.

Side note: "most of the team's been terrible?" :confused:

why do so many people say this despite us looking very good against chelsea and newcastle? one draw against a team that beat us last season doesn't change that!

Exactly, I've been impressed and I hope I am further impressed at West Ham :)
oh, I called you sunny by mistake :eek:

sorry menlo

PS: was tempted to add in the (ve) to get carlo's trend going, but thought a reminder via a PS would be enough ;)

41 - 60 of 4847 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.