Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The world of football has given us through the years the oportunity to see at work magical players...good and bad...but in my opinion a very important thing in a player's career and CV is how much he respects the game, how much he works to improve, how loyal he is to he's work and of course how much fair play he's got inside. In my opinion we had a lot of them in our long history, some of them are surely Bobby Charlton, Bill Foulkes, Paul Scholes...Ryan Giggs, Gary Nevile, our beloved Roy Keane...and one of my favourites..even though he has to work on his temper....Wayne Rooney.
So i'm realy curious...let's make from our knowledge a list of the most pasionate players in the world throughout football history. Wich footballer gave everything for football in all it's history in your opinion?

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Keano and Stuart Pearce gave everything as well as the people you mentioned. There are others too but they just jump out at me.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Paolo Maldini, Lucas Radebe and, going back a few years Jinky Johnston all come to mind for me... trying to come up with the non Utd players.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
-----------------------------------------Yashin
------------------------------------Beckenbauer
--------------Carlos Alberto---------Maldini----------------Stam
---------------------------------Keane---------------------

Best-------------------------------------------------------------Jairzinho
--------------------------------Zidane
-------------------------------------------Cantona
----------------------------Puskas

Ask me again in two days, it'll be completely different, that's the beauty of football.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Cantona, Backing Powder, Hagi, Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Shearer, Gazza, Bilic, Sukur, Suker, Ronaldo(NOT THE SLAVE), Ronaldinho, Sony, Rivaldo, Sheringham, Stam, Davids, Van Der Sar, Schmeichel , Ljiunberg, Larsson , Henry , Vieira, Makalele, Bechkam , Solskjaer, Owen, Adriano, Kaka, Best, Pele, Charlton, Bancks, Yashin, Van Bastin, Cruijf, Dennis Law, Edwards, Violet, Buffon, Maradona, Batistuta, Romario, Dida, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Dad Maldine, Current Maldine, Nesta, Inzhagi, Del Piero, Zola, andy Cole, Yorke, Roque Junior, Juan, Lucio, Cruz, Zanitte, Moller (both Mollers), Kleberson , Veron, Rio Ferdinand, Les Ferdinand , Fowler, Gerrard, Vidic, Niko Kovac, Shevchenko, Rebrov, Shovkovsky, Kanchelskis, Nesmanchy, Reud Gullet (spelling), Rijjkard, Donadoni, Nedved, Koller, Poborsky, Berger, Klinsman, Van Nistelrooy, Hasselbank, Lampard, Bruce, Robson

Too Many Players Are Damn Good :eek:
+ All Manchester United Players Who I Forgot Their Names, Yes Even You Dong (Except The Slave)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
piazza said:
-----------------------------------------Yashin
------------------------------------Beckenbauer
--------------Carlos Alberto---------Maldini----------------Stam
---------------------------------Keane---------------------

Best-------------------------------------------------------------Jairzinho
--------------------------------Zidane
-------------------------------------------Cantona
----------------------------Puskas

Ask me again in two days, it'll be completely different, that's the beauty of football.

That's well said.... piazza

Anyway, in this case, it's even better said because of the squad you put !!!

I understand you may change players........... but you cannot not mention anyone between Pelè, Platini, Maradona, Van Basten, Crujyff, Di Stefano !!!

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
ejuventus said:
That's well said.... piazza

Anyway, in this case, it's even better said because of the squad you put !!!

I understand you may change players........... but you cannot not mention anyone between Pelè, Platini, Maradona, Van Basten, Crujyff, Di Stefano !!!
I'm pretty bias towards United, what can I say? I'd never leave Roy Keane or George Best out of anything, especially the latter since Pelè even said Georgie was the best player ever. I didn't feel like throwing guys like Pelè and Maradona in there because their too obvious. I personally hate Michel Platini so he'd never make a squad I created.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Surely Maldini deserves to be within a shout?

The guy is probably the biggest legend still playing the game.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maldini,Zanetti,Scholes,Giggs,Keane,Neville,Cantona,Solskjaer,Nedved,Del Piero,Larsson = Dedication and love for the game.
Abojodeh how can you mention Ljiunberg and Beckham ?!?

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
ha true..... he smoked alot aswell. they just dont make them like they used to:D
Lol, no kidding. Zidane smoked too and assaulted people. An era truly come and gone :( :p

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
platini is a bit against england football teams i dont know why but i feel that in everything he talk about like team paying refferees to win match etc

1 - 20 of 21 Posts