Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Best moment (so far) has to be Macheda's goal. Well really think the title could have slipped out of our hands if not for that goal. We were really down and out by the back to back defeats and it was the most important moment by far.

Also Vidic vs Sunderland, Tevez vs Stoke, Berba vs Bolton were key moments as also the penalty that Carrick won against Spuds.

There is definitely more than one moment that you could pick and say that was the most important for different reasons.

I'll agree with the majority though and say Macheda. We had just been beaten twice in a row, conceding 6 goals in the process. If we had dropped more points, our confidence would have dipped to an even lower level, and our fitness/energy levels would have also been low.

macheda goal vs villa for sure..it was at a time when we werent having a good string of results and that win and also machedas goal in the next match(dont remember who) was also important......then we just went from there!

imo it was the 5-2 thrashing of spurs. and why.... it ended a dismal run of results. sure we had won a few of them, but not in man utd style. we had scraped wins by 1 goal, lost to everton, lost to fulham, lost to liverpool, drew with porto in OT. i realise that directly before the spurs game was a 2-0 win over pompey, but i think the spurs game really perked them up

Macheda's goal, no doubt. In terms of sheer emotion it brought out of me, no goal compares to it this season.

Vidic's goal against Sunderland comes in 2nd place, especially as it was such a frustrating game.

I don't think anyone will forget Rafa's rant either.

Maybe losing 2 games on the bounce against Liverpool (4-1) and Fulham (2-0) A real wake up call, from then on we hammered everything in front of us.

A few other big points were ...

Tevez's goal Vs. Stoke
Macheda Vs. Aston Villa
AND Carrick Vs. Wigan!

i think it was that goals from tevez v stoke and berba vboro.. we ended 2008 on a high and put in an AMAZING performance against chelsea..that drove us on and onand the defeats to pool and fulham were jus at the rite time as eye openers!

Hey guys ;)
I am big and young fan of Manchester United from Poland and i'm going to go to the Old Trafford and if it possible to see a United match. My question is... Where I could buy a tickets for a match? In internet or in the box office? Please help me ;)
Thank you

Your faithfully
Tony O.

P.S
sorry for my grammar mistakes cause I'm still learning English and i improve it.

Stoke away,game after we got back from Japan.Rivals had failed to capitlise on our absence,we had gained games in hand and everyone was saying how we made a big mistake going into that tournament as it would be detremental to our season.We won at Stoke and that catapulted onto an amazing run!! Also the City away game was massive as they had won something like 3 on the bounce and we werent all that.

There's never a biggest single moment, there are always lots and lots of important moments along the way that without which we wouldn't have won the league.

I can see why Fergie chose Stoke to be honest because we had just come back from Japan, the players were probably jet-lagged and we had ground to make up on Liverpool and Chelsea who had dropped points in our absence that was there for us to take advantage of.

I can also see why a lot of people are choosing Macheda against Villa, because it was a super sub moment from a young lad and a fantastic finish in a game we had to come back from behind to win with a late winner in stoppage time. That's like the United of old.

Vidic against Sunderland is another good shout, because Sunderland were sticking 11 men behind the ball and parking the bus like I've never seen before (they're the worst team for doing that), we weren't playing that well and just couldn't find a way through them but we finally managed to do it.

It's difficult to choose just one, but I'd go with Kiko against Villa because we'd lost 2 games in a row before that, Liverpool were creeping back into the title race and we went behind in that game. We needed an answer and a fantastic finish from a very promising young player provided us with that.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.