Manchester United Talk banner
161 - 180 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Sporting4Ever said:
I'd rather not meet Manchester just yet, so if you do finish top, avoid our pot, please ;)
lol. I like you Sporting so I hope we avoid you guys ;)
Good win by the way. You won your group comfortably enough so you should be happy.

I wouldnt mind Roma again :p They must hate us lol.
Lets hope Chelsea get Barca or Juve.

Inter would be one Id want to avoid.
but you know who I REALLY want to get?
Real ******s Madrid. We owe them BIG STYLE for tapping up Ronnie, Marca, Calderon and the Judas Heinze.
I would LOVE it if we beat them, LOVE it.

G

·
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE RESULTS.
Weds 10th December

GROUP E
FT Celtic 2-0 Villarreal
FT Man Utd 2-2 AaB

GROUP F
Lyon 2-3 Bayern Munich
FT Steaua Bucharest 0-1 Fiorentina

GROUP G
Dynamo Kiev 1-0 Fenerbahce
FT FC Porto 2-0 Arsenal

GROUP H
FT Juventus 0-0 BATE
FT Real Madrid 3-0 Zenit St Petersburg

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
It's a Italy-England challenge, guys !

Something may have been foreseen ...... but not 3 on 3 !!

Chelsea- JUVE .... is the Jazz 16's hope realized (thanks Jazz !)

Man UTD - Inter ..... I would not be too scares at your place: Inter is the most overrated team of history....they have not won anything during last years.... 3 titles ??....ah ahahhaha !!...... one at 17 points from JUVE, one without JUVE, Milan, Fiorentina e Lazio..... 1 with 15 games saved by scandalous referees ...this year they 're going well: maybe they will succeed in getting one victory after 20 years their last one............. But in Europe ??? 1 semifinal in the last 10 years, suddenly kicked off in the last two, a very poor round this time and so...

Arsenal - Rome is gonna be the most open game on the field.... looking forward to see it

I'd say:
Man Utd 60 %
Chelsea -Juve 50 %
Rome - Arsenal ? -?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
It's a Italy-England challenge, guys !

Something may have been foreseen ...... but not 3 on 3 !!

Chelsea- JUVE .... is the Jazz 16's hope realized (thanks Jazz !)

Man UTD - Inter ..... I would not be too scares at your place: Inter is the most overrated team of history....they have not won anything during last years.... 3 titles ??....ah ahahhaha !!...... one at 17 points from JUVE, one without JUVE, Milan, Fiorentina e Lazio..... 1 with 15 games saved by scandalous referees ...this year they 're going well: maybe they will succeed in getting one victory after 20 years their last one............. But in Europe ??? 1 semifinal in the last 10 years, suddenly kicked off in the last two, a very poor round this time and so...

Arsenal - Rome is gonna be the most open game on the field.... looking forward to see it

I'd say:
Man Utd 60 %
Chelsea -Juve 50 %
Rome - Arsenal ? -?

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
ejuventus said:
I agree, two free-flowing sides. I think whoever is the healthiest going into it will win, Roma have the added advantage of playing for a home final as well, I get the weirdest feeling about them this year. I got the feeling with Monaco the year they made the final, so we'll see I suppose.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
ejuventus, remember that one of the main reasons Inter signed Mourinho was their lack of European success these past years. And Mourinho said it best, with their lackluster performance during the group stage, they need to meet and beat a strong side (and who's stronger than Manchester right now?) if they're gonna prove that they deserve to eventually win it.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
If I understod it right the backroom staff of Inter isnt as keen as Moaninho to meet United. What if the Italians have to leave the party early? Will he get sacked because of his bull in the newspapers and poor performance in Europe? Not even the most one eyed Interista can say they've been playing well in Europe. There must be fewer people happy with the Inter's performance in the group stage then people able to say the name of the Cyprus team Anorthososlosososisossossiosthosos....something. At one stage the former Newcastle and Wolves player Temuri Ketsbaia was bigger then Moaninho;)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Sporting4Ever said:
ejuventus, remember that one of the main reasons Inter signed Mourinho was their lack of European success these past years. And Mourinho said it best, with their lackluster performance during the group stage, they need to meet and beat a strong side (and who's stronger than Manchester right now?) if they're gonna prove that they deserve to eventually win it.
everything is possible,
but don't say to me Man UTD -Inter is a match bewtween two top side

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
spellbound said:
If I understod it right the backroom staff of Inter isnt as keen as Moaninho to meet United. What if the Italians have to leave the party early? Will he get sacked because of his bull in the newspapers and poor performance in Europe? Not even the most one eyed Interista can say they've been playing well in Europe. There must be fewer people happy with the Inter's performance in the group stage then people able to say the name of the Cyprus team Anorthososlosososisossossiosthosos....something. At one stage the former Newcastle and Wolves player Temuri Ketsbaia was bigger then Moaninho;)
Not surprising. They did fire a 2 time league winning coach to sign mourinho, and it's clear their main focus for that is Europe. I agree that the top brass would probably prefer a weaker opponent like maybe Porto, whom José knows EXTREMELY well, but I think mourinho is more right about this. They did just got into the last 16, like with the door almost closing on their faces, so the team is feeling that, feeling like they're there more out of luck than skill. If you want to win it, you need to prove to others (and yourself) that you can do it, so the time for that is now! I have little doubt that, if Inter do manage to go trough, they'll be one of the major contenders for the title, the other beeing Barça, if they keep playing like they have.

ejuventus said:
everything is possible,
but don't say to me Man UTD -Inter is a match bewtween two top side
Just because you don't like Inter, doesn't mean they're not a top team. To me, there are 3 very big games and a smaller big game:
United-Inter
Real-Liverpool
Chelsea-Juventus

with the "smaller" game beeing Roma-Arsenal

My take on it is, to me, those 6 teams at the top are thel contenders for the tittle, along with Barcelona. I think one of those 7 will be European champions this year.
Roma and Arsenal are excelent teams, but i don't see them capable of going all the way, and i base that on both their recent history, and their current form.

We could also argue about Real Madrid's lackluster performance this year, but we all know that hasn't stopped them in the past, nor has Liverpool, for that matter, where you've seen in more recent years they are constantly at the finals or semi-finals, and playing terribly at home.

So Inter, true, they've been more for internal sucess then european, but that's why mourinho is there. You might not like them, but you have to give them credit for what they are, and what they can achieve.

I dislike benfica, but doesn't mean i don't give them credit when they deserve it. Thank God that's so rare i barely remember it ;)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
Tuesday, 24 February 2009

Arsenal v Roma
Atletico Madrid v FC Porto
Inter Milan v Man Utd
Lyon v Barcelona

Wednesday, 25 February 2009

Chelsea v Juventus
Real Madrid v Liverpool
Sporting v Bayern Munich
Villarreal v Panathinaikos

Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Bayern Munich v Sporting
Juventus v Chelsea
Liverpool v Real Madrid
Panathinaikos v Villarreal

Wednesday, 11 March 2009

Barcelona v Lyon
FC Porto v Atletico Madrid
Man Utd v Inter Milan
Roma v Arsenal

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Sporting4Ever said:
So Inter, true, they've been more for internal sucess then european, but that's why mourinho is there. You might not like them, but you have to give them credit for what they are, and what they can achieve.

I dislike benfica, but doesn't mean i don't give them credit when they deserve it. Thank God that's so rare i barely remember it ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

excuse-me......what are those internal success ??

To put an employer of Mr. moratti as chief of the federation during summary justice trial in 2006 ??... I don't see any other internal success

·
Registered
22 Posts
ejuventus said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

excuse-me......what are those internal success ??

To put an employer of Mr. moratti as chief of the federation during summary justice trial in 2006 ??... I don't see any other internal success
I think he is talking about Guido Rossi... that's the only INTERNAL success they've had :p

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
Just a quick question. What do the Man Utd fans think of the upcoming ties between the Italian clubs and English clubs?

Merda (Inter) vs Man Utd, Le Arse vs Roma and Chelski vs Gobbi (Juventus)?
I think at least 2 English teams will go through. May as well flip a coin though......
All tough ties.

161 - 180 of 210 Posts