Manchester United Talk banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RedMurph7 said:
That is a good point but then like Drew was sayin, i wouldnt want to spend a big part of our transfer kitty for the summer on a player who plays in positions we're well covered although i know a player of his class would always be welcome. I'd rather spend big on a top class striker before lookin at any other options.
Yeah me too lol. Didnt say we needed him, but he is handy for sure.
Just Berba will do thanks.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I would be well happy if united signed him, i don't know about the mass of cover we have on the left, right and attack mid position. I would pbviously like a striker to come in as well, wouldn't min him and his club mate villa coming over.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
I would be well happy if united signed him, i don't know about the mass of cover we have on the left, right and attack mid position. I would pbviously like a striker to come in as well, wouldn't min him and his club mate villa coming over.
The 2 of them would be a great option. Probably unlikely but it would be sooo good :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
SILVA WANTS TO STAY IN SPAIN

Valencia star David Silva says he has 'no desire' to move to the Premier League after being linked with Liverpool and Manchester United.

Reports have claimed that the two fierce English rivals are ready to make bids in the region of £20million for the Spain international.

Silva has been tipped to leave Valencia due to the club's financial problems, despite Los Che's determination to keep the winger, and ace striker David Villa.

However, if Silva is sold to help out his current club, he admits he would prefer to join Barcelona, rather than move to England.

"I have no desire to play in England," Silva is quoted in the Daily Star. "My club know my decision and it will not change.

"If I leave Valencia, my dream will be to go to Barcelona".

"I know there is interest from some big clubs in England, but I do not just want to move for the money.

"England is the best league in the world."

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
United should go for Ashley Young not Silva, but that move should be done next summer anyway not this summer. Any more than one transfer this summer would disrupt the flow of the team.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Just on Sky Sports News that David Silva's agent has gone on the record as saying Silva has no ambition to join a club in England, he said he's happy with Valencia and would only move to another club in Spain, like Real Madrid or Barcelona.

And another one bites the dust ...

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
For the 'best league in the world' there sure are a lot of players who don't want to be in this league anymore.

Just look at Ronaldo, Adebayor, Lampard ect.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just read on the Skysports website that we had a bid rejected for Silva. I thought we would be looking for an out and out striker. Up to Fergie now to find him this week because I don't think Tevez can do it by himself upfront.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
skysports

avid Silva's agent has told Sky Sports News that Valencia have turned down an offer from Manchester United.

Premier League champions United have been linked with a £20million bid for Silva as Sir Alex Ferguson looks to add to his squad before the close of the transfer window.

Domestic rivals Liverpool have also been mooted as admirers of the Spain international, who impressed during his country's successful Euro 2008 campaign.

Reports have suggested that the winger could be sold to ease Valencia's financial problems, with Barcelona also linked with a bid.

Silva has admitted that he has 'no desire' to move to England and would prefer to join Barcelona, if he were to leave Valencia.

And, despite acknowledging United's offer, the player's agent Julio Llorente has confirmed the 22-year-old wants to stay in Spain.
Settled

"Manchester United made an offer for David Silva, but this has been turned down by Valencia," Llorente told Sky Sports News in a statement.

"Silva doesn't want to play in England because he is happy at Valencia.

"His family are settled and if he was to move it would only be to another Spanish club, like Real Madrid or Barcelona.

"David Silva will start the new season at Valencia."

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
United boss Ferguson ready to increase his £20m offer for Spain forward Silva

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson wants to land Valencia's Euro 2008 star David Silva in a shock swoop.

The Old Trafford club made their move last week when a £20million offer was knocked back by the cash-strapped Spanish club, according to the Daily Mirror.

But Fergie is not taking no for an answer and is ready to improve his bid over the next 48 hours, especially if Spurs insist they will not accept a cut-price fee for Dimitar Berbatov.

The left-sided Silva was a key member of Luis Aragones's European champions although he is best remembered in this country for the 35-yard stunner he smashed past Chelsea keeper Petr Cech in the Champions League quarter-final at Stamford Bridge last year.

Silva is more of an attacking midfielder than an out-and-out striker.
But Ferguson believes veteran Ryan Giggs is now only really able to operate through the middle, rather than out wide. Valencia are in financial chaos after the collapse of takeover talks.

But they insist they do not want to sell either Silva or team-mate David Villa.

The reality, though, is that substantial offers for both are likely to be successful, knowledge that saw United make their initial move.

That was rebuffed, with Valencia looking to provoke Barcelona into making a counter-offer for Silva, while Real Madrid are mulling over a move for Villa.

Berbatov remains Fergie's prime target but Spurs will still expect at least £30m for the Bulgarian hitman.
Source: Daily Mail

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
owenrooneyruud said:
United boss Ferguson ready to increase his £20m offer for Spain forward Silva

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson wants to land Valencia's Euro 2008 star David Silva in a shock swoop.

The Old Trafford club made their move last week when a £20million offer was knocked back by the cash-strapped Spanish club, according to the Daily Mirror.

But Fergie is not taking no for an answer and is ready to improve his bid over the next 48 hours, especially if Spurs insist they will not accept a cut-price fee for Dimitar Berbatov.

The left-sided Silva was a key member of Luis Aragones's European champions although he is best remembered in this country for the 35-yard stunner he smashed past Chelsea keeper Petr Cech in the Champions League quarter-final at Stamford Bridge last year.

Silva is more of an attacking midfielder than an out-and-out striker.
But Ferguson believes veteran Ryan Giggs is now only really able to operate through the middle, rather than out wide. Valencia are in financial chaos after the collapse of takeover talks.

But they insist they do not want to sell either Silva or team-mate David Villa.

The reality, though, is that substantial offers for both are likely to be successful, knowledge that saw United make their initial move.

That was rebuffed, with Valencia looking to provoke Barcelona into making a counter-offer for Silva, while Real Madrid are mulling over a move for Villa.

Berbatov remains Fergie's prime target but Spurs will still expect at least £30m for the Bulgarian hitman.
Source: Daily Mail
hmmmmm:confused: well thats intresting do we need more in the midfield? i thought nani was to replace giggs? and park? although its a tabloid so i wont beleive it till its on skysports or bbc, but intresting artical cheers for posting :D

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I dont see why we need him nor do i think he's all that brilliant.. its preparation for losing Ronaldo next year if anything..

·
Registered
40 Posts
This guy is a good player and would add to the overall quality of the team but unfortunately looks like he wants to stay in Spain. I still believe that if Berb is the No1 target then raise the bid and get him in. If he helps us to land the Premiership and the Champions League again then the 10m difference in valuations will look like chicken feed. If Spurs want £30m and we offer them £25 -27m I think we should be seeing Berbatov in a red shirt come Sunday

·
Registered
124 Posts
TheManc said:
For the 'best league in the world' there sure are a lot of players who don't want to be in this league anymore.

Just look at Ronaldo, Adebayor, Lampard ect.
see u got to understand is not that they wana leave it's because

Ronaldo= Bid 80 million it's quite impossible to reject if u were him and he already won the epl and champions league his looking for a new challage.

Adebayor = "i will play like henry when i am being paid like henry".

Lampard = offered a massive contract but i heard rumors that he rejected it.

we are talking bout the league their talking bout $$$.

End of the day did they leave ? lol

Baptista is leaving real madrid for roma can you believe this! visit goal.com now see what baptista has got to say lol

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Valencia reject Man Utd Silva bid

Valencia have rejected a bid by Manchester United for David Silva, according to the striker's agent.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson wants a new forward before the transfer window closes on 31 August - but £20m-rated Silva, 22, wants to stay at Valencia.

The Spanish international's agent Julio Llorente said: "United made an offer for David Silva, but this has been turned down by Valencia."

He also said, if Silva had to move, he would prefer Real Madrid or Barcelona.

"Silva doesn't want to play in England because he is happy at Valencia," he said. "His family are settled and if he was to move it would only be to another Spanish club, like Real Madrid or Barcelona.

"David Silva will start the new season at Valencia."

Silva, who plays in an advanced attacking role for both his club and country, has been closely linked with a number of top clubs this summer after helping Spain to win the European Championship in June with a series of inspired displays.

But it appears highly unlikely the player will be moving soon, unless Valencia decide to sell.
"He doesn't want to play in another country at the moment," said Llorente.

"Valencia have the power in their hands. David Silva can't go to another team because he has a contract for five more years."

BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7556794.stm

·
Registered
142 Posts
SIR Alex Ferguson wants to make Valencia's David Silva one of two major signings before the start of the season.

The United manager is understood to have already tabled a £16m bid for the Euro 2008 midfielder who is also a target for Barcelona and Liverpool.

Valencia want closer to £30m for the Spanish international, but Ferguson remains hopeful that a deal can be arranged.

He wants to complete the signing of Silva along with Dimitar Berbatov or Thierry Henry before United kick off their defence of their Premier League title against Newcastle on Sunday.

United are behind Barcelona in the race for Silva, who was one of the stars of the European Championships this summer.

The Spanish giants are prepared to pay closer to £20m for the 22-year-old left-sided midfielder, who would prefer to stay in his homeland rather than move abroad.

“I have no desire to play in England,” he told the Daily Star. “My club know my decision and it will not change.

“If I leave Valencia, my dream will be to go to Barcelona.

“I know there is interest from some big clubs in England, but I do not just want to move for the money.

“England is one of the best leagues in the world, but I think that Spain is superior.”

Wide players are not a priority for United, with their interest in Silva first being registered before Cristiano Ronaldo committed his future to Old Trafford for another year at least.

But Ferguson is clearly planning for the future and has admitted that Ryan Giggs is more suited to a central role now that the Welshman is nearing the end of his career.

Of more immediate concern to Ferguson is striking reinforcements and he is hopeful Tottenham will finally give him the green light to sign Berbatov, who has been his primary target all summer.

While the Scot is prepared to turn his attentions to Barcelona's Henry or Klaas Jan Huntelaar of Ajax, Berbatov is his preferred option and the Bulgarian has reportedly told team-mates that he expects to head to Old Trafford.

Spurs are understood to be prepared to let the want-away striker leave White Hart Lane, but only once they have found a replacement.

Chairman Daniel Levy is believed to be willing to let the situation rumble on until the transfer window closes at the end of the month.

But United are growing impatient with the North Londoners' stalling over a £28m deal and are ready to pull the plug on their pursuit of the 27-year-old.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...hester_united/s/1062168_reds_eye_silva_lining

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
manutdforever said:
SIR Alex Ferguson wants to make Valencia's David Silva one of two major signings before the start of the season.

The United manager is understood to have already tabled a £16m bid for the Euro 2008 midfielder who is also a target for Barcelona and Liverpool.

Valencia want closer to £30m for the Spanish international, but Ferguson remains hopeful that a deal can be arranged.

He wants to complete the signing of Silva along with Dimitar Berbatov or Thierry Henry before United kick off their defence of their Premier League title against Newcastle on Sunday.

United are behind Barcelona in the race for Silva, who was one of the stars of the European Championships this summer.

The Spanish giants are prepared to pay closer to £20m for the 22-year-old left-sided midfielder, who would prefer to stay in his homeland rather than move abroad.

“I have no desire to play in England,†he told the Daily Star. “My club know my decision and it will not change.

“If I leave Valencia, my dream will be to go to Barcelona.

“I know there is interest from some big clubs in England, but I do not just want to move for the money.

“England is one of the best leagues in the world, but I think that Spain is superior.â€

Wide players are not a priority for United, with their interest in Silva first being registered before Cristiano Ronaldo committed his future to Old Trafford for another year at least.

But Ferguson is clearly planning for the future and has admitted that Ryan Giggs is more suited to a central role now that the Welshman is nearing the end of his career.

Of more immediate concern to Ferguson is striking reinforcements and he is hopeful Tottenham will finally give him the green light to sign Berbatov, who has been his primary target all summer.

While the Scot is prepared to turn his attentions to Barcelona's Henry or Klaas Jan Huntelaar of Ajax, Berbatov is his preferred option and the Bulgarian has reportedly told team-mates that he expects to head to Old Trafford.

Spurs are understood to be prepared to let the want-away striker leave White Hart Lane, but only once they have found a replacement.

Chairman Daniel Levy is believed to be willing to let the situation rumble on until the transfer window closes at the end of the month.

But United are growing impatient with the North Londoners' stalling over a £28m deal and are ready to pull the plug on their pursuit of the 27-year-old.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...hester_united/s/1062168_reds_eye_silva_lining

will Silva doesn't want to play in England

61 - 80 of 100 Posts