Manchester United Talk banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Silva Signs New Valencia Deal

A host of clubs have been tracking Silva this summer after the young playmaker turned heads with his fine performances for Spain at EURO 2008 in June.

Manchester United lodged a formal bid for the 22-year-old earlier in the week but were wholeheartedly rebuffed by los Che, who are desperate to hold onto their stars after a torrid 2007-08 campaign.

Furthermore, Silva recently revealed that he has no desire to leave Spain - not even to link up with compatriots Rafa Benitez and Juande Ramos at Liverpool and Tottenham respectively, who have both expressed interest.

And the youngster's future at the Mestalla is now effectively secured after he penned a new five-year deal yesterday, much to the delight of Valencia president Fernando Gomez.

"It's very satisfying to see the player's willingness to stay," Gomez told the press.

"The club will not do anything crazy or break our financial and sporting guidelines so we have gone as far as we have been able to.

"There is complete agreement between the club and the player David Jimenez Silva that he will remain with us for the next five seasons.

"We have always expressed the hope that he will stay with us."

Valencia will now focus their attentions on tying down star striker David Villa, who has also been linked with a big-money move to the Premier League.

Goal.com

·
Registered
95 Posts
Silva Signs New Valencia Deal
I think his agent just managed to get him a pay rise, nice theory really to get a pay rise. Get the press to talk about player and his move to Manchester united and then get the club to give you the amount you were holding on to and then the player comes out and says he does not wish to go anywhere.

How many times have we being through the same story.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Silva would consider United switch
http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/7242/Silva_would_consider_United_switch.aspx

Valencia midfielder David Silva admits he would consider a big-money move to Manchester United. Silva, 22, is regarded as one of the best midfielders in Europe and is being chased by a number of top clubs in Spain and England.The Spanish international is currently ruled out until Christmas after having an operation on his troublesome left ankle, but is keeping his options open over his long-term future.

Sir Alex Ferguson will be keen to hear that Silva has always dreamed about a move to Old Trafford and the United manager could be tempted to make a move for his signature when the transfer window re-opens in January.

Silva said: "Barcelona is the team I would choose in Spain for many reasons.

"But if I was to move abroad then it would be Manchester United because they have the most in common with Barcelona and have everything that I am after in football."

·
Registered
427 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Silva would consider United switch
http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/7242/Silva_would_consider_United_switch.aspx

Valencia midfielder David Silva admits he would consider a big-money move to Manchester United. Silva, 22, is regarded as one of the best midfielders in Europe and is being chased by a number of top clubs in Spain and England.The Spanish international is currently ruled out until Christmas after having an operation on his troublesome left ankle, but is keeping his options open over his long-term future.

Sir Alex Ferguson will be keen to hear that Silva has always dreamed about a move to Old Trafford and the United manager could be tempted to make a move for his signature when the transfer window re-opens in January.

Silva said: "Barcelona is the team I would choose in Spain for many reasons.

"But if I was to move abroad then it would be Manchester United because they have the most in common with Barcelona and have everything that I am after in football."
:D:D:D

Glory Glory Manchester Utd!!!

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
abojodeh said:
Much prefer to sign Ashley Young or Mati Fernandez :mad:

also Nani much better and much more positive
I think you've played too much FM, because Fernandez is very average in real life

Young is still amazing though, and i agree on that

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Young would probably cost just as much as Silva would though. Although he is used to the Premiership.

I don't know how many more years he has left on his contract at Villa but we'd be looking at around 25M IMO.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
NoxiousD said:
I think you've played too much FM, because Fernandez is very average in real life

Young is still amazing though, and i agree on that
Mati is good he have a big goalscoring record
maybe hes not very fast and agile as other wingers but he score loads

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
David Silva-Potential target ?

Man Utd, Man City alerted as Valencia invite Silva, Villa offers

02.01.09 | tribalfootball.com

Valencia have put Premiership clubs on red alert after admitting David Villa and David Silva have their price.

"Whatever offer comes in we will have to study it although the idea is not to have to sell David Villa or David Silva," said Valencia's sporting vice-president Fernando Gomez Colomer.

"It would have to be an exorbitant offer."

Valencia may ultimately decide to cash in on their prized assets as they look to bring financial stability back to the Mestalla.

The club were on the verge of meltdown last season and remain heavily in debt despite a tightening of the purse strings.

"We will fight to give the club the economic stability that it needs," said the club's president Vicente Soriano.

"Right now that is the most important thing - more than any kind of sporting success."

Valencia have fought off interest in Villa from Liverpool and Real Madrid in the past, while Manchester City made an audacious transfer deadline day approach during the summer.

Silva, meanwhile, has featured on Manchester United's radar in the past, with the Red Devils coming close to landing their man last year.

I know its tribal but there really could be some substance to these claims. Personally I would not want to sign him.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
He is a player we know Fergie admires alot , he even bid for him in the summer. But we also know another thing Silva doesnt want to leave Spain and I think he would be the perfect style player for Barcelona .

But if he did come to England god help us because where do most of the spanish players go to in England .

Little Spain

Also known as Anfield

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
trikam patel said:
but we have tevez, why would we need david silva, they r similar players. I dont know do people favour silva over tevez cause of goals?
no man david villa is the striker not david silva. tribal football anyways, prob aint true. plus as someone said he only eyes for spain

·
Registered
601 Posts
Clarky101 said:
no man david villa is the striker not david silva. tribal football anyways, prob aint true. plus as someone said he only eyes for spain
Oh yeah that is who i meant, just got there second name mixed up.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, this is Tribal football so I would question the story.

But one thing's for sure. We won't be going for Silva. I doubt we would be going for him even if we hadn't signed Tosic tbh, but we certainly won't be going for him now.

Villa would be great here, as he's just the type of striker we need imo. But we've been struggling to keep Tevez, Berbatov and Rooney happy without throwing Villa in.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts