Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill never forget this terrible day :(
Just came across this article which explains why Keane eventually had to leave United.
Its a good read:
http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/the-day-that-roy-keane--left-united-1465935.html
Keane can do no wrong in my eyes. Legend and he always spoke the truth.
Not quite sure where Im going with this thread,:confused: just read the article if ya want to.
Was Keane right? or did he over step the mark?

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Sad day but all great players come to the end of the shelf life at United one day .

I was equally sad when Schmeichel announced he was going to leave the club. I remember standin in the M.E.N arena with my flag when they came in with the european cup , fa cup , and premier league trophy and the whole arena chanted stay !! stay !! stay!! It was so sad .

By the way if anyone has any videos of this off tv Im on it if you lot want to see me . Ive got a huge red checked flag and Im with my mum dad and uncle . If anyone kind find the video post it so I can see it .

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I think deep down every United fan agreed completely with Roy Keane but knew the captain couldn't be coming out saying things like that. It's sad it had to end the way it did, when he speaks about United now you can tell there is still bitterness there.

·
Registered
366 Posts
red dave said:
Sad day but all great players come to the end of the shelf life at United one day .

I was equally sad when Schmeichel announced he was going to retire. I remember standin in the M.E.N arena with my flag when they came in with the european cup , fa cup , and premier league trophy and the whole arena chanted stay !! stay !! stay!! It was so sad .

By the way if anyone has any videos of this off tv Im on it if you lot want to see me . Ive got a huge red checked flag and Im with my mum dad and uncle . If anyone kind find the video post it so I can see it .
I always found Schmeichel's desicion to move to Portugal and then back to the premiership 1 year later a parculiar one . He could have easily continued on for another 3+ seasons at United . Keano leaving was a shock because I for one did'nt really see that one happening . It was alright to have a go at the players from time to time but when he questioned Carlos Querez's ability it was like a direct challenge to Fergie and his management . Sadly there can only be one gaffer .

·
Registered
734 Posts
haha good ol Keane tell it like it is, might have been a bit 2 over the top but **** it with all the hard games hes put in and seeing young clowns not pulling there weight it would annoy anyone.
if Richardson annoyed him so much tho why sign him at sunderland?

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
As much as I hate to say it, Keane deserved to go. Like the article says it was Keane vs everyone else, so obviously Keane, who (although it hurts me to say it), was past it at the time.

I have no problem with all the dressing room stuff, but it was the MUTV interview that crossed the line. If you want to bash the other players in public then atleast talk to Fergie about it first.

That said, what Keane said was right, its just he did it in the wrong way (you could say he did it in the 'Keane way')

The only thing I don't get is the role Neville and Giggs played in all this (Scholes is too quiet). Were they on Keane's side? 'Cos if they were that changes things IMO, purely because of who they are.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boomhauer50 said:
haha good ol Keane tell it like it is, might have been a bit 2 over the top but **** it with all the hard games hes put in and seeing young clowns not pulling there weight it would annoy anyone.
if Richardson annoyed him so much tho why sign him at sunderland?
He could see the potential in him. He is a good player but he thought he was
a big time Charlie at United, more concerned with going out, cars etc...
hence the Bentley bit that p1ssed Keane off. Richardson scored twice on his debut
for England and is doing well at Sunderland when he is not injured, so it was a good signing.

Keane can b0llock people one second and its forgotten the next. Sometimes things
NEED to be said, whether it be on or off the pitch and Roy was never afraid to say it how it was.
He was right at the time and the high standards he always had at United were
slipping and someone of Roy's character just couldnt stand for it. He blew his top and rightfully so.

good post TM. i largely agree, though I still believe he had a lot to offer as a player. he was just unlucky with his injuries.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
hence the Bentley bit that p1ssed Keane off. Richardson scored twice on his debut
for England and is doing well at Sunderland when he is not injured, so it was a good signing.

Keane can b0llock people one second and its forgotten the next. Sometimes things
NEED to be said, whether it be on or off the pitch and Roy was never afraid to say it how it was.
slipping and someone of Roy's character just couldnt stand for it. He blew his top and rightfully so.

good post TM. i largely agree, though I still believe he had a lot to offer as a player. he was just unlucky with his injuries.
yea true gota love him for it.
Richardson is a handy player alright hes cursed tho for hitting the post :D

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Jazz 16 said:

I love Roy Keane and he was my boyhood hero but to be honest he has turned out a complete xxxxhead !!

And he is own worst ememey ruining most and everything he gets involved in . Roy needs anger management before he returns as I fear he cant handle premiership management .

Roy get help and make your return to United one day new man and a bloody good manager !!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
red dave said:
I love Roy Keane and he was my boyhood hero but to be honest he has turned out a complete xxxxhead !!

And he is own worst ememey ruining most and everything he gets involved in . Roy needs anger management before he returns as I fear he cant handle premiership management .

Roy get help and make your return to United one day new man and a bloody good manager !!
:confused: Keane is one of the most fascinating and intelligent people in football,
tough, single minded, funny, a bit like an Irish Mourinho you could say ;)
And no Faz, he ISNT a d1ckhead, he is a legend.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
:confused: Keane is one of the most fascinating and intelligent people in football,
tough, single minded, funny, a bit like an Irish Mourinho you could say ;)
And no Faz, he ISNT a d1ckhead, he is a legend.

Jazz I know people who have been told to f off for trying to talk to him !!

We are fans if he cant handle a simple hello then he is abit sad in my eyes.

Note the boyhood hero jazz !!!

I stand by my d1ckhead stance he was correct for what he said at United but look at his record walked out on the Irish team in 2002 , United saga , Sunderland saga .

If thats the work of a intellegent man Im sherlock holmes Roy is a genuis footballer but as a humen being he needs to take a look at himself.

He is your hero fair play and I respect that but Ive heard and seen the other side of the man and he aint very friendly .

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
i think this topic warrents my 1000 post :D

was a really good read for sure i will be buying that book next week

all in all i think keane was more than right to do what he did at the time, he said what all us fans where thinking at the time, it more certainly proves his love for united a love which im sure is still firmly in place in his heart.

and i think the whole richardson thing was very good also keane had the balls to slate him but then sign him which proves he can let bygones be bygones and do whats best for a team

keane is a legend and will never ever ever do no wrong and i for one hope that with a-bit more experience he will be able to manage united to the same amount of trophys he won with us

VIVA KEANO

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
marty davidson said:
Keane is a legend yes but he let his country down in the world cup
:rolleyes:
marty I bet you dont know the whole story. The FAI were a shambles. Get your facts straight.
Keane has done more for Irish football than pretty much any Irish player.

antdevil78 said:
i wont forget it as i was flying to antigua to get married on the day it was announced
and I bet it ruined your wedding and all.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
marty I bet you dont know the whole story. The FAI were a shambles. Get your facts straight.

Walking out on them when they need him :rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Jazz 16 said:

Jazz we all love keane and to say we will always love him is an under statment but you seems obsessed to the extreme your ignoring the sh1t things he has done !

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
red dave said:
Jazz we all love keane and to say we will always love him is an under statment but you seems obsessed to the extreme your ignoring the sh1t things he has done !
maybe you are right, but Id defend Keane to the bitter end. He cant do wrong in my eyes.
Normally Id be far more partial but with Roy its different.;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts