Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
SALFORD RED said:
lol, Leicester is the 10th biggest city in England. ( Manchestr 9th)
Nottingham 18th.
Lids 5th
Southampton 20th.
(Not including urban areas)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_United_Kingdom_settlements_by_population

You'll find Detroit and Cleveland are "big" cities in America, they aren't what you call big markets though.

haggler said:
big clubs in england -- man utd - liverpool -- arsenal-- everton---chelsea----newcastle-----man city ---- tottenham-----leeds----aston villa----sunderland---birmingham----west ham .

southampton are bigger than bolton wigan reading fulham hull etc
Can you explain how a "big" club can be 20th in the Championship? They haven't been docked points either.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Yes I can see what you are saying piazza but you are going off figures on a tv channel the likes of Haggler and SAL live in England and know the areas you are talking about .

Leeds are huge club and would be easy in the top 6 supported clubs in the country .

As for Nottingham Forest is a big City maybe they arnt a good club anymore but lets face facts 2 european cup wins earns them the right to be called a decent club .

And Im from manchester and I live close to Blackburn whether its a small club in the premiership or not they will never drop down the league as the town itself isnt a small town it is pretty big .

Bradford were in the top flight for 2 seasons so cant be included and Swindon were in for 1 back in 1993-94 so why include them ?

As for Southampton and Portsmouth both clubs are very close and while they arnt the richest clubs they have great support 20.000 a week .

What you have to remember is England is only a small place so our towns and Citys arnt huge compared to america so for southampton and Portsmouth it is equal to say Villa's 35.000 fans as if you average fans to size of city it evens it up .

But you make a good point about relagated clubs .

The teams you missed out that would be the best point would be the Sheffield clubs who have a good fan base but have all but disappeared .

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
:D
red dave said:
Yes I can see what you are saying piazza but you are going off figures on a tv channel the likes of Haggler and SAL live in England and know the areas you are talking about .

Leeds are huge club and would be easy in the top 6 supported clubs in the country .

As for Nottingham Forest is a big City maybe they arnt a good club anymore but lets face facts 2 european cup wins earns them the right to be called a decent club .

And Im from manchester and I live close to Blackburn whether its a small club in the premiership or not they will never drop down the league as the town itself isnt a small town it is pretty big .

Bradford were in the top flight for 2 seasons so cant be included and Swindon were in for 1 back in 1993-94 so why include them ?

As for Southampton and Portsmouth both clubs are very close and while they arnt the richest clubs they have great support 20.000 a week .

What you have to remember is England is only a small place so our towns and Citys arnt huge compared to England so for southampton and Portsmouth it is equal to say Villa's 35.000 fans as if you average fans to size of city it evens it up .

The teams you missed out that would be the best point would be the Sheffield clubs who have a good fan base but have all but disappeared .
i thought you had left :D

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
red dave said:

All I was trying to do.

I thought of including the Sheffield clubs, but they're still in the Championship, so I decided not to, some of my earliest memories are of Le Tissier and Pearce, and to see how far Southampton and Forest have fell is pretty crazy.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
piazza said:
All I was trying to do.

I thought of including the Sheffield clubs, but they're still in the Championship, so I decided not to, some of my earliest memories are of Le Tissier and Pearce, and to see how far Southampton and Forest have fell is pretty crazy.

Yes it is pretty crazy but thats the game it goes in cycles it isnt long since City were in league 1 and they still would be if it wasnt for a miracle .

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
red dave said:
I decided I love the forum so I returned its amazing what a day on the beer will do to a man !;)
good fella as you may know i called for your return during your ban ;)

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
for me it totally depends uopn the players thay have when they go down and whether they can keep them........like birmingham now and say west brom...if the baggies were to go down i'd expect them to bounce straight back up as they have great championship players but not great premiership ones- hence if they were relegated they'd probably hang on to most of them as blues have done.

if blackburn did go down and they could hang on to most of the players would expect them to bounce back, but i don't think they'll go down this year especially with fat sam in charge

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
haggler said:
good fella as you may know i called for your return during your ban ;)

The ban is in the past Im back and back for good !!

The site needs characters like you and I haggler ;)

This piazza lad is a bit of a character to isnt he

GUFFY THE CLOWN !!;)

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
red dave said:
Joke mate I like you even though we argue you bring something good to the site .

OPINION !!!
I was joking too. Some people think I'm funny. Those people usually are drunk though....:confused: :D

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
They will stay up. But I can see what you're saying too.

However, I would expect them to stay up. A few of their best players would leave. But I think what was left would still see them come back up if they have the right manager, and if it was still Sam that would definitely be the right manager.

I did hear, though, that when Jack Walker (correct name?) died, he left Blackburn a lot of money but it is released slowly, so as they can't spend it all at once and it is to keep to club secure. I'm not sure if that's the case though, so it's far from reliable information.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts