1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-Premiership
-Fa Cup
-Carling Cup (in the bag)

This is just in case we dont beat Porto next week.
We still have the chance to win the infamous domestic treble which no one has ever done before.

We will be in a great position to win this and go down in history.
Im just worried that if we lose to Porto this place will go into meltdown and the doom and gloom brigade will be out in force.

So if we lose to Porto, just remember what we CAN win.

cos winning the domestic treble would be the best feeling in the world.
18-18

Believe!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Well many people have said before me, you can only win whats put in front of you. I've not given up on the CL.

Were still in the hunt for 3 trophies.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Carling Cup domestic?? I thought it has always been the mickey mouse cup?:eek:

I personally dont mind if we didnt get the treble at all, im content with whatever we can win just that it might be such a waste if we managed to come close to winning them but end up not winning it.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I'd certainly take that now. To dominate the country that dominates the world would be pretty special.

Its a really interesting end to the season (particularly for the neutral). Anything can happen in any of the competitions we're left in. Premiership is still very much a 3 horse race, all the teams in the semis of the FA Cup have a good chance of winning it, Barcelona are the favourites for Europe but its still anyone's game, I have a funny feeling about Arsenal for the Champions League.

If we could take the Premiership and the FA Cup now we would have had a very successful season without at any point (yet) playing particularly great.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts

I personally dont mind if we didnt get the treble at all, im content with whatever we can win just that it might be such a waste if we managed to come close to winning them but end up not winning it.
Do you even know what domestic means? :rolleyes:

Not bad eh? We should feel lucky.
Obviously, United fans should be honoured that they are living through a period of constant success as we are in now, and value every trophy as it is the last - as you never know when the success will dry up.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well many people have said before me, you can only win whats put in front of you. I've not given up on the CL.

Were still in the hunt for 3 trophies.:thumbsup:
I haven't given up either, but if we dont win next Wed against Porto then I think we are really gonna need this thread :D

The Domestic treble is the league and 2 cups (Fa and Carling).
NO team in England has ever achieved this.:eek:
If we could do it this season, it would be one of the best season's ever, even if we get dumped by Porto.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Exactly, it's because of the high standards this club has set themselves that, a domestic treble is been overlooked this season so far.. I mean we have won the WCC and the Carling Cup already and we are still in 3 other major competitions, but everyone is expecting us to win the lot..!
It's because of the media that this "untouchables" tag was pinned on us and everyone was saying that this was the greatest United team ever etc.. So everyone automatically thought we were going to win everything.. I think when everyone look at this season in a whole, they will recognise what a huge success it's been so far and how much greater it could be..!
Like Jazz said, IF we were to lose to porto it's not the end of the world, there's still that domestic treble to win, but lets keep the faith on winning in Portugal.. We need to take one game at a time..!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I haven't given up either, but if we dont win next Wed against Porto then I think we are really gonna need this thread :D

The Domestic treble is the league and 2 cups (Fa and Carling).
NO team in England has ever achieved this.:eek:
If we could do it this season, it would be one of the best season's ever, even if we get dumped by Porto.
Cheers for that Jazz...well that didnt sound as bad then...i like the thought of us being the first to everything. But still it would be nice if we could still be the first english team to retain the CL trophy :p

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Cheers for that Jazz...well that didnt sound as bad then...i like the thought of us being the first to everything. But still it would be nice if we could still be the first english team to retain the CL trophy :p
If we did win the CL this year, we would be the first European team ever to retain the CL(not just english), since it was renamed the Champions League istead of the European Cup..!
Like you said, I love being first to win everything aswell:D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If we did win the CL this year, we would be the first European team ever to retain the CL(not just english), since it was renamed the Champions League istead of the European Cup..!
Like you said, I love being first to win everything aswell:D
Yup, a fair few teams have won it back to back but not since it was renamed. I think Milan was the last 89/90. Teams like Madrid back in the 50's (5 in a row). Forest won 2 in a row, Benfica, Inter, Ajax, Munich...could be missing someone else, but its been done plenty.

·
Registered
850 Posts
so how many trophies have we won this season? The World Cup,Carling Cup and Community Shield??Does community shield counts??Of it count's we can win maximum 6 trophies not 5?

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
It's the same competition.

The competition was renamed the Champions League in 1992..
Since this date, no team has retained the CL title..
We have the chance to be the first this season..!

Before this it was called the European Cup and like Jazz said, Milan were the last team to retain it..

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
It's the same competition.

The competition was renamed the Champions League in 1992..
Since this date, no team has retained the CL title..
We have the chance to be the first this season..!

Before this it was called the European Cup and like Jazz said, Milan were the last team to retain it..
I have to agree with Ste here. Its the same competition, still baised on the top football clubs in Europe. Its just the name which is changed. If i change my name, both deep down and appeareance, i`m still Roxanne. I guess its the same thing with this .. Just what i think anyways.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts