Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Carling Cup domestic?? I thought it has always been the mickey mouse cup?:eek:

I personally dont mind if we didnt get the treble at all, im content with whatever we can win just that it might be such a waste if we managed to come close to winning them but end up not winning it.
Do you even know what domestic means? :rolleyes:

Not bad eh? We should feel lucky.
Obviously, United fans should be honoured that they are living through a period of constant success as we are in now, and value every trophy as it is the last - as you never know when the success will dry up.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
yh yh i kno .. even the CL.
Well not the Champions League as that starts again eachseason, if you get me.

Like you said with the CS, you can only get in their if you win the league or cup the season before.
It's the same with the WCC, as you can only get in there if you win the CL the season before.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
The community shield is between the FA and the Prem winner ,right? So what if one team wins the both of them?Then no one wins community shield or?
League winners plays cup winners.
If both the same, the league runner-up plays the champions.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Well said Richie:thumbsup:, some of them didnt realise that it was a knockout format before 1992, when it was known as the European Cup.. It wasn't just the name that changed in 1992, it was the whole format aswell..!
I find it amazing that the European Cup completly changed format, but people still say United won it 3 times (and rightly so).

But all the league had was a name change, and the format stayed the same, but people then say that we've only won it 10 times.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Yeps, innit.

I`m still confused if the CS makes part of this season or not .. Not that i count that much anyways, just another thing to add to the trophy room :thumbsup:
Yeah, I don't know whether to class it as this season or last season either. It's an odd one, I find it as a cheap trip to Wembley for anyone unfortunate to not afford or couldn't go the last time United were there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts