Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
You know what at first thought I was in complete agree-ance with you on this. Fergie grooms the right man, who steps into the void already knowing how to run the club and its all gravy... but now I think about it I really don't think it's the best thing.

If Fergie grooms some young and promising manager, saying, 'this is how you do this', 'this is how you do that', what will happen is whoever takes over will just try to copy Ferguson, trying to do things the way he did. Doing this, this will not be managing in their own style and will not be good managers, they have to play to their own strengths. The players would see right through this and would have no respect for whoever that man is as they'd just see them as a 'wannabe' Ferguson.

The only way for the new manager to take us forward will be to come in, confident in their own ideas and stamp their own authority and style on the team.

I think we should simply pick the person we consider to be best equipped to take over and take us forward at the time of Ferguson leaving, rather than trying to mold someone into something that we want them to be.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts