Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: we lose a match and on they come --- rooneys rubbish --- we need this we need that the boss is nothing without carlos , we should have done this we should have done the other --- frankly mr shankly it makes me want to vomit it really does , each year a title winning side loses between 3 and 7 league games . we lost against a very good side who were at home needing the win to stay in touch --- we will lose again before xmas probably then go on a run in the new year , 3 in a row is rare for a reason --- new players bedding in old ones coming and passing sell by dates and injured ones finding fitness again . banana does not rate rooney so takes every chance to slate him .

losing to le arse is annoying but its not the end of the world , certain players were not at thier best but who is all the time . get off the boys backs :mad:

Z

·
0 Posts
It's all doom and gloom Haggs, that's what I've learnt from football forums.

90% of posters are very knee jerk in their posts after a game. I sometimes
wonder how these people get through life without committing suicide.

·
Registered
629 Posts
haggler said:
:mad: we lose a match and on they come --- rooneys rubbish --- we need this we need that the boss is nothing without carlos , we should have done this we should have done the other --- frankly mr shankly it makes me want to vomit it really does , each year a title winning side loses between 3 and 7 league games . we lost against a very good side who were at home needing the win to stay in touch --- we will lose again before xmas probably then go on a run in the new year , 3 in a row is rare for a reason --- new players bedding in old ones coming and passing sell by dates and injured ones finding fitness again . banana does not rate rooney so takes every chance to slate him .

losing to le arse is annoying but its not the end of the world , certain players were not at thier best but who is all the time . get off the boys backs :mad:
I totally agree with what you are saying. Fine we lost, but that doesn't mean we are a poor team. The muppetish threads going around after our loss today, especially the Carlos Quieroz and Wayne Rooney threads, are just disgusting. I agree that Queiroz was really good but you don't doubt Alex Ferguson and his credentials as a tactician and coach. As for the other threads that come up after every defeat, I just think the glory hunters just want to pounce on to every situation and criticize the team to make their points clear.

All the players go through bad games once in a while but it the bashing about them after every poor performance is what makes me sick. This is the time that we as supporters should encourage our team instead bashing each and every player who did not have a good game.

We lost the game but it wasn't like we played really badly. We played very well and lost to a better team so guys stop bashing the players and the manager. And as Haggler rightly put it, it's not end of the world and certainly not the end of the season.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I know where you're coming from, bu hope I don't fall into that category with my What's the missing ingredient thread.

Personally, football fans have a right to discuss bad performances, but what I dread is the venom in some of the posts when we lose or perform badly.

Also, i think what irks me more than losses are poor performances.

I was absolutely livid last weekend eventhough we won, but am less angry today, because quite frankly the team played better than last weekend and eventhough it didn' come off there was bit more fight in the team.

Nobody grabbed the game by the scruff mind you, but at least there was a bit more fight.

I can understand where you;re coming from though. A lot of people go n the war path and question the very people they praised a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
14 Posts
its just natural when your upset to moan about something. ronaldo is probably sitting in his house just now cursing rooney for skying that one over the bar.

to be honest, if your going to get beat, at least let it be a good game and some of the stuff on show today was fantastic, really good viewing.

writing off man united is always, as they say, at your peril.

·
23,699 Posts
We have been through this before when after a defeat, emotions run high, words can be sharper and more acidic blah blah blah. But come tomorrow or worst by Monday, the dust would have settled. ;)

Chill. :)

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
it's not then of the world is it.we play well,got a great boss,a great spirit.lets not all get maudling..everything is going to be fine.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
haggler said:

Well said Hags.
people like to vent their frustrations which is fine. It would be boring if we all agreed the entire time.
We will be back on song next week and everyone will be raving about x, y and z.

·
23,699 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Well said Hags.
people like to vent their frustrations which is fine. It would be boring if we all agreed the entire time.
We will be back on song next week and everyone will be raving about x, y and z.
Btw noticed you disappeared quite intentionally from the forum yesterday. :p

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
People are such after-merchants honestly. When Berbs buries two in 10 minutes no one talks about how rubbish he is. The worst is how bad people get on Sir Alex.

Z

·
0 Posts
versa said:
I noticed that too, no post match report from Jizz :eek:

He could at least have showed up to tell me how good my post was :p

·
23,699 Posts
Blade said:

Which one? :p ;)

With you also hinting loudly your contemplation, hope not all mods decide to stay away after a terrible result. Tension can be extremely high... :eek: :D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
versa said:

Blade said:

lol lads. I watched the game but had to go down the country for an anniversary mass just after it.

I only read a little bit of the massive matchday thread and just left a couple of lines.
Too tired and down to be writing a big essay about the match. :rolleyes:
We need to look forward (QPR/Stoke) and be positive. Nice to see a few of
you keeping it real and not jerking any knees :) (TM and Blade in particular)

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
people come on to discuss when the team are doing well so the same happens when the team are doing badly.

you saying people shouldnt discuss the bad side to our game is saying we shouldnt really have a forum in the first place. It also would have meant that you couldnt have started this thread.

I see this thread more pointless than any other thread cos at least the other are discussing wots important....UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts