Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
antdevil78 said:
people come on to discuss when the team are doing well so the same happens when the team are doing badly.

you saying people shouldnt discuss the bad side to our game is saying we shouldnt really have a forum in the first place. It also would have meant that you couldnt have started this thread.

I see this thread more pointless than any other thread cos at least the other are discussing wots important....UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!
no one suggests we should not discuss bad points in our game -- what gets me is the build em up knock em down style where a player who has been instrumental in two titles and has been playing superbly has one bad game and suddenly he is over rated rubbish ---- or sir alex doesnt know what hes doing without quiroz . we are all peed off at a loss but a lot of these posts are just plain daft imo --- and it is just my opinion ---- i am guilty of slagging vds but at least i am being consistant ! and he has been dire ---- but to read some of the guff written about wayne gits ma goat .

·
Banned
292 Posts
haggler said:
:mad: we lose a match and on they come --- rooneys rubbish --- we need this we need that the boss is nothing without carlos , we should have done this we should have done the other --- frankly mr shankly it makes me want to vomit it really does , each year a title winning side loses between 3 and 7 league games . we lost against a very good side who were at home needing the win to stay in touch --- we will lose again before xmas probably then go on a run in the new year , 3 in a row is rare for a reason --- new players bedding in old ones coming and passing sell by dates and injured ones finding fitness again . banana does not rate rooney so takes every chance to slate him .
losing to le arse is annoying but its not the end of the world , certain players were not at thier best but who is all the time . get off the boys backs :mad:

It is the easiest thing in the world to make a thread like this, it makes you out to be wise and smart while everyone else is a crazy knee jerker for raising some concerns. If you think the concerns of Manchester United supporters are all based on one match against Arsenal then you are an idiot, there have been problems for much of this season. Like the fact that we don't seem to have any strikers in our squad who want to score a goal, they all want to play near the half way line making pretty build up plays that lead no where because we have two wingers crossing the ball into a penalty box that is empty. Your right I don't rate Rooney, I have had enough of his poor physical condition, for the last 2 seasons there has been a real problem wih his weight and match sharpness, he hasn't been able to control the ball quick enough and his finishing ability has also been a problem. If I am wrong for expecting a professional athlete who earns over 100k a week to maintain some level of physical fitness than I apologise.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I thought it was a fantastic match and enjoyed it thoroughly.

However, like Mike Phelan said in his post match interview, it was too open. I can't help but feel if we had Hargreaves on the pitch, he would have let players like Diaby and Denilson know they were playing in the PL and not the Seria A or the La Liga where you can prance around like a muppet.

Carrick frustrates me so much. He is probably the best passer of the football in the PL (yes, better than Fabregas) but he just doesn't stamp his authority on the game enough.

Having said that, Arsenal were very lucky to win. We missed chance after chance after chance and had a penalty claim denied.

They only won by a deflection in the end.

All in all, a day for football. :)

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
this happens every season, fine we lost we arent invincible, it reminds me of the beginning of last season when we were off form, but people have to understand that thats the way football is, you win some and you lose some.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
comes back to people thinkin we are man utd and therefore have a divine right to win games and trophies. when we were watching chelsea take two titles back-to-back, didnt that spur us on to raise our game and take the title back.

That is the pain chelsea will be drawing on to get the results needed to take back the title. We may be suffering from reading how good we are and believing the hype.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
The result yesterday was bad yes, but the preformance wasn;t bad if our finishing was a bit sharper we could of quite easily put the game to bed in the first half. Rooney was awful yesterday but his form recently has been fantastic just taken a dip recently, hopefully the Stoke game will give him a boost, if he scores. At the end of the day its no the end of the world because we have a fantastic squad one of the best in the world if not the best in the world, the best manager around and good backroom staff. Everything will click soon and we'll be back to our best ;)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Banana-rama said:
It is the easiest thing in the world to make a thread like this, it makes you out to be wise and smart while everyone else is a crazy knee jerker for raising some concerns. If you think the concerns of Manchester United supporters are all based on one match against Arsenal then you are an idiot, there have been problems for much of this season. Like the fact that we don't seem to have any strikers in our squad who want to score a goal, they all want to play near the half way line making pretty build up plays that lead no where because we have two wingers crossing the ball into a penalty box that is empty. Your right I don't rate Rooney, I have had enough of his poor physical condition, for the last 2 seasons there has been a real problem wih his weight and match sharpness, he hasn't been able to control the ball quick enough and his finishing ability has also been a problem. If I am wrong for expecting a professional athlete who earns over 100k a week to maintain some level of physical fitness than I apologise.

Kudos to you, for standing your ground.

I don't agree with all your points, but at least you bother to explain them. Thing is though that you seem to go voerboard with them.

Yes, Rooney's finishing is quite horrible at times. But what about his goals against Bolton and West Brom that were inch perfect?

The problem is inconsistency, not his ability.

On the fitness front, I don't think Rooney looked any less of the pace than everyone else, so why does he come in for special treatment?

Keano4taoiseach said:
I thought it was a fantastic match and enjoyed it thoroughly.

However, like Mike Phelan said in his post match interview, it was too open. I can't help but feel if we had Hargreaves on the pitch, he would have let players like Diaby and Denilson know they were playing in the PL and not the Seria A or the La Liga where you can prance around like a muppet.

Carrick frustrates me so much. He is probably the best passer of the football in the PL (yes, better than Fabregas) but he just doesn't stamp his authority on the game enough.

Having said that, Arsenal were very lucky to win. We missed chance after chance after chance and had a penalty claim denied.

They only won by a deflection in the end.

All in all, a day for football. :)
- LMAO at the comment :D

Great to see a positive comment underneath all the gloom.

It was a great match and you;re right that Hargo would have made a difference.
Again, Carrick's lack of authority comes up and it is now a blatantly obvious issue.

Unfortunately, I think he is too mild-tempered to ever truly stamp his authority on games and on the team.

Can we let Anderson and Hargo spend a weekend with Roy Keane? ;)

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
haggler said:
:mad: we lose a match and on they come --- rooneys rubbish --- we need this we need that the boss is nothing without carlos , we should have done this we should have done the other --- frankly mr shankly it makes me want to vomit it really does , each year a title winning side loses between 3 and 7 league games . we lost against a very good side who were at home needing the win to stay in touch --- we will lose again before xmas probably then go on a run in the new year , 3 in a row is rare for a reason --- new players bedding in old ones coming and passing sell by dates and injured ones finding fitness again . banana does not rate rooney so takes every chance to slate him .

losing to le arse is annoying but its not the end of the world , certain players were not at thier best but who is all the time . get off the boys backs :mad:

haggy my mate - we didn't lose a single match and the situation is very different than last season's

because last season we were chasing 1 team mostly...a young squad which eventually lost the plot and couldn't cope with the pressure and this season we're chasing 2 teams...a side who's best equipped , playing the best football and have a great manager ( chelsea) , and a side that have had players playing together for some time now and also have a manager that has finally figured out that some players do not deserve to be rotated (liverpool)

we were up against all three title contenders and to become a champion you can't end up with a single point of possible nine mate....

also i would like to add that we didn't lose against arsenal as a great side - we're much better side imo - and at times we showed that this weekend but some of the tactics decisions were , ermmmm let's say not a spot on...

arsenal are a team against who you know you'll score and they were missing some very important players - this was the best time to end their title hopes

but it's not just about the last match - it's the performance against liverpool, and some very unlogical decisions to bench the in-form strikers(first tevez then rooney ) in order to accomodate the striker who tends to play deep in our half and then gets too slow to run the counter attack and who fails to show up in the big matches so far thus making a step back to the last years' perfomances (imo )

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
i think people need a big dose of reality. form is not going in favour at all at the minute. Chelsea have not only been the best team this season but the best team of 2008.

we stuttered over the line last season for the title, we have gone slow out of the blocks in the league this season and people have got to stop this "oh well, we're man utd, we will just claw it back after xmas" mentality.

The money involved in winning the league and staying in the league has totally upped the game of all our opponents. We need to raise our game to compete or else we will be left for dust.

Call it defeatist, call it negative, call it what you want. Its reality at the end of the day and maybe a return back to the days of the 70's and 80's may snap people out of thinking its United's name automatically on everything and its just a case of doing the formalities.

Remember at the start of the season someone posted a "1 down 6 to go thread" with the thoughts that we could win the lot like some bombarding tank knocking anything down that crosses our path. I challenged that notion we couldnt maintain form in so many competitions throughout the season to achieve that feat. Wot did i get back???

I was being negative, defeatist, not a true fan......blah blah blah

The main point i am trying to make is you can dress our start to our season however you want. The truth is we have sucked big time.

We have beaten the teams we should have beaten and we have come up short against the top 3. Away from home granted, but we dont need pressure of having to win home games just to get back into the race. We need to be in that race come Jan/Feb with then the advantage of home games where we can relax and get down to our game.

1 point from 9 against the big 3 especially when we were winning in two of those games aint Man Utd form

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Ant- The '1 down 6 to go' thread I posted was a just a laugh. I never said we WOULD
win all those trophies, I was just asking the memebrs how many they thought we COULD win.
And Ive never said you werent a true fan. The thread is closed now Ant so just let it go ;-)
It even has your name in the thread title now lol.
Can I ask where you think we will come in the league? Your doom and gloom post
seems to suggest that we will get relegated or something :rolleyes:
(slight exaggeration obviously)

·
VIDA !!! will murder you..
1,636 Posts
we will bounce back on top and the ones slamming the players and coach should know that they are the great players of the game!!!!!!!

G

·
antdevil78 said:
i think people need a big dose of reality. form is not going in favour at all at the minute. Chelsea have not only been the best team this season but the best team of 2008.
we stuttered over the line last season for the title, we have gone slow out of the blocks in the league this season and people have got to stop this "oh well, we're man utd, we will just claw it back after xmas" mentality.

The money involved in winning the league and staying in the league has totally upped the game of all our opponents. We need to raise our game to compete or else we will be left for dust.

Call it defeatist, call it negative, call it what you want. Its reality at the end of the day and maybe a return back to the days of the 70's and 80's may snap people out of thinking its United's name automatically on everything and its just a case of doing the formalities.

The main point i am trying to make is you can dress our start to our season however you want. The truth is we have sucked big time.
Ant, not always seen eye to eye with you on a few things but i quote
you there for probably the best post on this whole thread ( besides hags :D ).

Anyone that can't see what you are saying is 100% truth really has their
red, white and black goggles on.

I can't be bothered posting in this forum most of the time because i would
lose my rag with some of the ridiculous posts and would end up having to ban
myself.

Return to the 70s ? :eek: Oh yes please, a dose of reality would do a lot
of supporters good. Only thing is..this forum would be almost dead and no
doubt we'd find a few on the £helski forums.

Your last two sentences are in bold for a bloody good reason. TRUTH !!

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
antdevil78 said:

Remember at the start of the season someone posted a "1 down 6 to go thread" with the thoughts that we could win the lot like some bombarding tank knocking anything down that crosses our path. I challenged that notion we couldnt maintain form in so many competitions throughout the season to achieve that feat. Wot did i get back???

We have beaten the teams we should have beaten and we have come up short against the top 3. Away from home granted, but we dont need pressure of having to win home games just to get back into the race. We need to be in that race come Jan/Feb with then the advantage of home games where we can relax and get down to our game.

1 point from 9 against the big 3 especially when we were winning in two of those games aint Man Utd form

and if you look at it closely, you'll see me saying how i started disliking the arrogance of barcelona when they said that their aim was to win all 7 trophies thy were competing on....

and they ended up winning 0 ...

i said that people need to forget the treble , cos it won't happen...ever again !

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
antdevil78 said:

- I'm sure glad I don't have to manage some of the people on this forum in real life .....

Yes, we're sucking at the moment.

I'm not sure what people like Salford Red see, but is it realy a big achievement to state that we've had a bad start to the season?

Does is really take a genius to state that we've beaten teams we should have beaten, but have come up short against the other top teams?

Wow..... it sure takes little effort on this forum to get kudos.

So what do you suppose we do?

Shall we whigne? Shall we bitch? Shall we start slamming our players? Shall we start calling for Ferguson's head?

Shall we ask Mike Phelan and Rene Meulenstein to resign or go back to their previous appointments?

Shall we ask Tottenham for the berba deal to be cancelled and play with Frazier Campbell upfront?

Sheesh.... I really mean what i said at the start of my post, if some of you lot worked in my team, I'd put you all on a HR plan and most of you'd get the boot.

Some of you are several decades older than me, but still cry like b-i-t-c-h-e-s.

Some of you really are starting to sound like whigny girls. Please take your right hand and grab your balls for a few seconds - that's right YOU ARE MEN!

Please stop being whigny, negative, crying b-i-t-c-h-e-s.

Peace & love - Pizza amore,

RFR

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
lmao - evry single year the smae situation on these forums !!!!

come the end of may we'll be signing and drinking champaigne :p

·
23,699 Posts
If members with differing opinions are attacked personally, soon we may have no more forum but a synchronised choir here humming along in perfect harmony.

I do suspect the MAIN problem is people getting personal and touchy over differing opinions. Not necessary at all.

If we can't persuade or convince after some civil exchanges, live with it.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
^ On my part, I don't see anybody should be forced to join the negative-let's-slam-our-team brigade.

I simply refuse to.

Yes, we all get to have a moan and express our concerns, but why does not complaining = glory hunter?

And why do senior fans wish our club to return to the 70s and 80s just to prove a point or get a wake up call?

It's so pathetic.

Yes, the season is a few loses away from being over. Maybe it already is over. What am I supposed to do?

Stop supporting Man Utd till the start of next season.?

Am I supposed to moan about everything?

Can I just be chilled and hope for a change in fortunes?

Is that Ok?

·
23,699 Posts
Mister Countryman, I do think you have been harsh with your undertone, quite unnecessarily with 2 big ranting posts, aimed not on any specific topic in discussion but on certain specific group(s).

And I am not even speaking for myself. I am speaking for those who are deemed 'negative', the 'whingers' and the 'moaners', who incidentally have the right to do so in a forum, whether you agree or not, whether it is pleasant to hear or not, as long as they have their own reasons, views and opinions, not necessarily congruent to yours. And nobody should expect others to be similar or think or behave similar to oneself.

I do feel for those who are honest and bold with their thoughts and views, and get slammed if not deemed 'positive' or 'pleasant' to hear. We can attempt to persuade or debate to change their views if we think they are wrong and if we want to but if not or we can't, just accept and live with it. They are not lesser United fan or have less passion than a positive one or they would not even be here for hours day after day.

Judging from such great 'reception' meted out, who dares not struggle within himself before voicing 'negative' opinions or comments now or bemoan our performances and non-perfoming players (for the perceived good of their beloved club; club before players please)?

The forum would be so unreal or worse, in danger of being like the bindippers'.

RedForceRising said:
- I'm sure glad I don't have to manage some of the people on this forum in real life .....

:confused:

Yes, we're sucking at the moment.

I'm not sure what people like Salford Red see, but is it realy a big achievement to state that we've had a bad start to the season?

Does is really take a genius to state that we've beaten teams we should have beaten, but have come up short against the other top teams?

Wow..... it sure takes little effort on this forum to get kudos.

What is so offensive to be sarcastic about if they are indeed facts, obvious (to some) or not.

So what do you suppose we do?

Shall we whigne? Shall we bitch? Shall we start slamming our players? Shall we start calling for Ferguson's head?

Shall we ask Mike Phelan and Rene Meulenstein to resign or go back to their previous appointments?

Shall we ask Tottenham for the berba deal to be cancelled and play with Frazier Campbell upfront?

Get real. There is nothing concrete we can do as fans, except to gather here and discuss and debate or to moan, groan and bitch about it to let go steam. Isn't that what forum is all about?

I don't see what is so wrong about constructive criticisms (read my lips: constructive with a genuine intent for the good of the club, not destructive to the detriment of the club) or stating differing opinions about the players according to each honest assessment.

Some think Fletcher is crap, some think he is god. Some think he should f.o., some think he should retire here for good. Are those who think or say negative things about Fletcher should then be ostracised and slammed for "slagging players" or for commiting a big sin called 'moaning'? I think not, so do you. As long as they meant well for the club... from their own perspective, again right or wrong is a separate issue.

To put it even more plain, what is so wrong about voicing an opinion that Fletcher/Berbatov/(insert player)/..... is not doing well for the CLUB or costing the CLUB too much money or whatever geniune concern?!

Sheesh.... I really mean what i said at the start of my post, if some of you lot worked in my team, I'd put you all on a HR plan and most of you'd get the boot.

:confused:

Some of you are several decades older than me, but still cry like b-i-t-c-h-e-s.

Some of you really are starting to sound like whigny girls. Please take your right hand and grab your balls for a few seconds - that's right YOU ARE MEN!

Please stop being whigny, negative, crying b-i-t-c-h-e-s.

Don't get personal.

Peace & love - Pizza amore,

:eek: .......Peace & love too....

RFR

RedForceRising said:
^ On my part, I don't see anybody should be forced to join the negative-let's-slam-our-team brigade.

Who is forcing who? Does the reverse apply too? :confused:

I simply refuse to.

It is your prerogative.

Yes, we all get to have a moan and express our concerns, but why does not complaining = glory hunter?

I don't understand too if there was such insinuation.

And why do senior fans wish our club to return to the 70s and 80s just to prove a point or get a wake up call?

It's so pathetic.

I agree with you on this. Not at the expense of the club for sure for such petty issue.

Yes, the season is a few loses away from being over. Maybe it already is over.

What am I supposed to do?

Stop supporting Man Utd till the start of next season.?

We don't know and can't answer for you.

Am I supposed to moan about everything?

Feel free to as long as it is done in a civil manner, with good intent and based on honest opinions. Don't feel embarassed if your views are not shared by the majority or proven wrong later - you were just being honest.

Can I just be chilled and hope for a change in fortunes?

Is that Ok?

Again, it is really your prerogative. But don't expect others to follow suit.

Btw I honestly believe all 'moaner' and 'whingers' also "hope for a change in fortunes", maintaining the same love and passion for the club etc while mouthing their 'displeasure', what they can't agree about, what they see can perhaps improve the performance of the CLUB etc.
No offence and nothing personal. I feel I have to speak up for the honest and bold, no matter how twisted, crocked, 'negative' or unpopular their views are. We are in a forum.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.