Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I actually watching England playing against Croatia tonight, or is it Accrington Stanley in disguise? McClaren's mob are playing like a none league sunday team.

This is the mighty Croatian team that lost to Macedonia? Sol Campbell playing for England - get a life!! He is having rings run around him.

And the team playing for England - they should have played the United kids team. Much better.

Cracking keeper!!! yeah right.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
England players a golden generation of players touted as the best players in the world. Have a lack of the respect for the manager, the fans and the england shirt.

Lack of passion. It's disgusting. I'm lost for words.

Anyone who thinks this is McClarens fault is wrong. He is not a great manager but this is the players fault. They simply do not care except for Becks, Gerrard and Crouchy. They are just millionaires who care about the club.

Hopefully this will change alot about the current system in English football. High wages, poor quality, poor commitment, poor passion.

Congratulations Russia and Croatia. They deserved it!

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
RichardsReds said:
England players a golden generation of players touted as the best players in the world. Have a lack of the respect for the manager, the fans and the england shirt.

Lack of passion. It's disgusting. I'm lost for words.

Anyone who thinks this is McClarens fault is wrong. He is not a great manager but this is the players fault. They simply do not care except for Becks, Gerrard and Crouchy. They are just millionaires who care about the club.

Hopefully this will change alot about the current system in English football. High wages, poor quality, poor commitment, poor passion.

Congratulations Russia and Croatia. They deserved it!
I've been saying the same for 4 weeks now.......

These guys all walk way with 150,000 pounds now so why should they care ?

And a nice summer to rest next year !!

Take the money away is first step - reward success not FAILURE !!!

If anyone refuses to play for no cash tell them bye bye and find somone who will....

Someone who WANTS to play is always likely to achieve more than someone who is PAID to play !

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Ok, the team played rubbish , but they were under huge amounts of pressure to be fair to them. They are constantly getting slated by the media and fans. They had a bad game again, it happens. To say that they only play for money or that they lack passion is way off the mark. You could see they tried and ran there asses off but it just wasnt to be, it just didnt happen. A big problem was that there were injuries as well in key positions (up front and centre half)
McLaren got the system wrong in the first half and they resorted to the long ball which wasnt very clever.
The main point I want to make is that by the end of the game England had Crouch, Defoe and Bent up front. To me this is strange as none of the 3 play regularly for their club, and yet they play for the national team...............

Then we come back to the old debate of are there too many foreigners in the Premier League? The answer is clearly yes. English football is clearly suffering and this is the root of the problem.

·
Registered
273 Posts
plyed there asses off !! are you having a laugh i agree they are put under to much pressure but jesus christ you can play better than that uder pressure im not becks biggest fan but he put in alot of heart tonight but didnt get the service same with crouch its seemed at 2-2 england thought fine i can live with this and sat back 2 or 3 players trying there best isnt good enough english football needs a shake up now cant blame it all on McClaren but he will go
NOT GOOD ENOUGH ENGLAND

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Then we come back to the old debate of are there too many foreigners in the Premier League? The answer is clearly yes. English football is clearly suffering and this is the root of the problem.
This whole foreigners debate is rubbish imo.

In '96 when England failed to quailfy for the competition, there were hardly any foreigners in the Prem back then. This year it was the same for them back in '96, its just theyve got an extra excuse.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I watched the last 30minutes, and saw the goals/highlights (never a penalty btw, even with referee help you couldnt do it), Croatia whom can be tamed by the Aussies(okay different scenario/players but let me revel in this ;) ) were far better from what I saw and England were well, rubbish. Pathetic. Scott Carson effectively cost Engladn two goals - that keeper position is cursed!

I laughed for about 10minutes after the game, Loving it. Absolutely loving it.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Ajant said:
I watched the last 30minutes, and saw the goals/highlights (never a penalty btw, even with referee help you couldnt do it), Croatia whom can be tamed by the Aussies(okay different scenario/players but let me revel in this ;) ) were far better from what I saw and England were well, rubbish. Pathetic. Scott Carson effectively cost Engladn two goals - that keeper position is cursed!

I laughed for about 10minutes after the game, Loving it. Absolutely loving it.
i bet it was on prime time tv over there aj?

seeing as tho we are your mother land:p

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Actually, only way I could watch it and the rest of the nation was on pay-tv. Should have been free to air though, for the giggles. Nah seriously now - this proves McLaren is not upto standard and the same with the players. Or their mentality at least.

·
Registered
21 Posts
love it...... what a classic hahaha.. that's what happen when england left manchester united players.. why choose bridge over brown? why barry instead of hargreaves? why not smith play up front with crouch when england need fighter to win this match... i hope mclaren can learn from this lesson..

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
jkwan said:
love it...... what a classic hahaha.. that's what happen when england left manchester united players.. why choose bridge over brown? why barry instead of hargreaves? why not smith play up front with crouch when england need fighter to win this match... i hope mclaren can learn from this lesson..

like he'll get a chance :rolleyes:

he'll be sacked for sure

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
FA to meet over McClaren future

McClaren shelters under an umbrella at a rainy Wembley

The Football Association is to hold a board meeting on Thursday at 0830 GMT to
discuss Steve McClaren's future.

After his side failed to qualify for Euro 2008, McClaren insisted he would not
resign as England coach.

"I'm not stepping down," McClaren told BBC Sport after England, who needed just
a point to qualify from Group E, lost 3-2 to Croatia at Wembley.

"I take responsiblity - it was my job to get us qualified and I failed to do it. I'm not
discussing my future."

BBC chief football correspondent Mike Ingham told BBC Radio 5 Live: "Steve
McClaren is scheduled to go to South Africa on Friday for the World Cup draw on
Sunday.

"Something has to be sorted out before then."

Scott Carson's awful attempt to stop Niko Kranjcar's shot gifted Croatia an early
lead and Slaven Bilic's side went in at the break 2-0 up after Ivica Olic capitalised
on some ponderous defending.

Frank Lampard's penalty and Peter Crouch's superb volley hauled England level,
but Mladen Petric's raking shot gave Croatia the win.

"We feel exactly the same as the fans, believe you me, we know how they are
feeling," said McClaren.

"I' m not looking to the future, I'm thinking about this game, what could have
been, what wasn't, and really how we get over this."

Chelsea defender John Terry, who was appointed England captain when McClaren
succeeded Sven-Goran Eriksson but missed Wednesday's defeat due to injury,
quickly lept to the former Middlesbrough manager's defence.

"There is full support for Steve McClaren," said Terry.

"It's been great working with him. We have thoroughly enjoyed it really enjoyed it
and we take collective responsibility.

"It's not just Steve, it's the players. We are the ones going out there performing
and not getting the right results.

"It's not just up to Steve to take it all on his shoulders, as an England team we all
take the big responsibility."

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Two crushing disapointments in just over 1 year.
I've spent most of my life so far seeing 1 big disapointment after another. :(
Well done too Crouchy and Becks. Both of em played great.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
I think the money is very relevant myself.....

For a start the players don't NEED this cash.....

So don't let them have it........

Representing your nation is as good as it will get in any sport !!

........and the 3 million pounds they are about to give this group of sorry, sad individuals could have been used to invest in youth players or football schools - 3 million pounds at that level is a lot of cash and very much needed....

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
I said last night that Enlgand were playing in the toughest of groups. From England's point of view, they were playing against the 3 very good sides, add England there and you have the toughest group. Russia have got Hiddink and they are no walk-in-the-parks, We are the strongest in the group, and Israelys are a tough side... They hadn't lost 7 years at home ( including against the likes of France) before we beat them overthere. Plus - Macedonia is an unpleasent team.
The other strong group is Italy group - from their point of view they have got 2 good teams and Ukraine is not the same team after the WC where they were just OK . Scots were great but no offence to anyone ( I really adore them ) they are very limited team. Wt least from what I saw against the Italians

·
Registered
16 Posts
feel sorry for the united boys but you know what, this was coming for awhile, england usually manage to get the luck or break they need and unfortunately for them last night it never came, even when england equalised i had a feeling croatia could and did nick a third, they are technically a better team

i wouldnt blame mcclaren for this, however some of the blame has to land at his feet, he picks the team after all, hes had some bad luck with injuries but at the end of the day this was a home game and england only needed to avoid defeat, israel did them a massive favour and i believe england were arrogant last night and i got the impression they felt as if they just needed to turn up.

another thing that pisses me off is the media, some of those guys (who are apparently england fans) were waiting for this to happen and are delighted to at last have their stories, a story to them is more important than the english teams success, they live for the failure, they never get behind there team, this is pretty much the same in ireland.

and finally i think alot of the english players dont care as much as they should do about wearing the shirt, players like beckham and cole are more concerned about their showbiz careers, and there hags dont help the cause either, players like rooney and gerrard dont care about showbiz and what goes with it and would die for their country, just my two cents..i might come in for some criticism but what the hell

1 - 20 of 26 Posts