Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
spellbound said:
Poor game, poor ref, poor pace and intensity! Vidic should have given a penalty kick after Ben-Haim pushes him in the box.
Two good things today. The weather and the ref blew the whistle to end the pain.:p
You were sitting comfortably at home, watching on tv whilst the players were slogging it out in 40C - a very hot humid day, the hottest so far this year here in the UK. Under all the circumstances, and Chelski's refusal to allow us space to play (scared of us!) - it was a good game and we deserved to win, albeit on penalties.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
The heat, sure...it was much more comfy in the sofa. If there was any of the red shirts who wanted to swap place with me they'd just call me it the heat was too much for them to handle. :D

Still they struggle to put a few passes in a row to get the game pace.

The better team won.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Much better game than the FA CUP in my opinion...Nani came on and looked dreaful in my eyes. Anyway - a good win and im happy that the lads can take penalties so well..and that Edwin had a stormer :p

A good start to the season.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Ajant said:
Much better game than the FA CUP in my opinion...Nani came on and looked dreaful in my eyes. Anyway - a good win and im happy that the lads can take penalties so well..and that Edwin had a stormer :p

A good start to the season.
I watched the highlights, it was purely a confidence issue. When he composed himself he delivered what I thought to be an excellent corner, right onto I think Vidic's head, if he wasnt pushed by that BASTARD ben haim.

On MOTD they couldnt stop saying "Edwin Van Der Star" =]

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
It's a good point you made there, Nani's corners were awesome much better than giggsy's. I think he took three corners and they all went in the middle of the area!

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
rooneyNo10 said:
It's a good point you made there, Nani's corners were awesome much better than giggsy's. I think he took three corners and they all went in the middle of the area!
They were pinpoint, he gets much height on them and they drop down right onto someones head with alot of force, no need for the header to have power, just direction.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If he can take a quality corner then surely he can take a free kick as well. i mean ronaldo's are generally terrible, they either go into row z or the foot of the wall. Also hargreaves can take a good free kick aswell, according to nev hes one of the best hes seen.
Mabey hes the one with the bottle to tell our star player that theres' probably other players who can take a better free kick.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Competition's good, even if its for corners and free kicks! Agree with you tho ronaldo's free kicks are terrible lately!

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
rooneyNo10 said:
Competition's good, even if its for corners and free kicks! Agree with you tho ronaldo's free kicks are terrible lately!
I just dont think hes a free kick taker, I mean like not Beckham. Ronaldo's style is to get maximum power and it will either go in or get rebounded. However this dont really work as the opposition defence have learnt to push our players out so they cant get the possible rebounds. We need some good scoring kicks.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.